It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What NOT to do when owning guns .....posting online, that is....unless you like attention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Photo of Baby Holding Pistol and Surrounded by Guns Sparks Controversy

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) – A photo taken of a newborn baby surrounded by firearms is causing quite a stir online.
The photo shows a baby wearing a University of Alabama outifit holding a pistol while surrounded by seven other guns.

twitter.com...

Please refrain from slamming the people who live in the south, that is not what this is about.
Dumb azz' are not limited to just the South...they are global

And not all gun owners are this bizarre or careless

Sooooo......would you consider this just poor taste, lack of judgement? Or worse

Hmmm, wouldn't be surprised if they get a visit from ATF or Social Services
When are people going to learn to stop posting images like this online???

edit on 29-12-2013 by snarky412 because: title change

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I guarantee a visit from ATF and SS in short order as soon as someone identifies who the child in the picture belongs to. If I had money to bet....

It was absolutely in poor taste and not really a good idea safety wise either IMO. I am pro gun, pro 2nd amendment all day long until the cows come home. I may own more than one gun myself but can't quite recall. However, this was just REALLY poor taste. I think sometimes we have ideas in our heads that sound really good until they are acted out... then we kind of cringe that we did it, which is when we would usually NOT POST a photo of it online. Obviously the takers of this photo didn't experience that *moment* at all. I think they soon will wish very much that they had.

A lot of accidents happen when one thinks a weapon is unloaded/on safety. I have no doubt (please God) that the parent/s checked and double checked to make sure these guns were unloaded... I really hope they did... surely they did. Assuming that, the whole pic is still in bad taste IMO as a mother. It is going to open them up to outside authorities coming into their home and possibly becoming involved with their child in a way they did not plan for.

I understand they may be proud gun owners wanting to show support for their "cause"... this was not the way to do it. This does not support the cause as much as it may hurt it as we already know what reputations gun owners have with lots of folks.

Should they lose their child for this one infraction? No. If safety measures were taken and this is the most ridiculous thing they are in danger of doing, then they are doing better than some parents I see in Wal-Mart.

Bad taste - absolutely.
edit on 12/29/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

snarky412

The Messiah has been born finally. Looking for two other wise asses to accompany me with gifts.
edit on 29-12-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Im sure that the weapons were unloaded but this is still clearly a joke, a bad one at that. -1 point to the gun community, thanks man

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

13th Zodiac

The Messiah has been born finally. Looking for two other wise asses to accompany me with gifts.

Surely He would have a better arsenal than that?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Nothing to say this photo was not created to offened. Nothing to say this photo was not created by those who wish to disarm you .

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

snarky412
Photo of Baby Holding Pistol and Surrounded by Guns Sparks Controversy

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) – A photo taken of a newborn baby surrounded by firearms is causing quite a stir online.
The photo shows a baby wearing a University of Alabama outifit holding a pistol while surrounded by seven other guns.

twitter.com...

Please refrain from slamming the people who live in the south, that is not what this is about.
Dumb azz' are not limited to just the South...they are global

And not all gun owners are this bizarre or careless

Sooooo......would you consider this just poor taste, lack of judgement? Or worse

Hmmm, wouldn't be surprised if they get a visit from ATF or Social Services
When are people going to learn to stop posting images like this online???

ahhh....I don't know....he looks so peaceful and safe and warm.

The dudes gun collection could use a make-over though....couple .22's, couple shotguns and a couple mild caliber hunting rifles....sheesh

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Especially in today's age of paranoia and gun shyness, not to mention Big Brother snooping around close by, it was an extremely poor judgement call
And being as this was posted on Twitter, I assume personal info can be had by TPTB if need be

No, they shouldn't lose their child be any means.
And even tho the guns were probably not loaded---fingers crossed that they weren't--- they may have created a problem for themselves with one of the alphabet agencies

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

ahhh....I don't know....he looks so peaceful and safe and warm.

The dudes gun collection could use a make-over though....couple .22's, couple shotguns and a couple mild caliber hunting rifles....sheesh

No kidding

Don't mess with my kid or else!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

how much do you want to be the following was uttered in preparing the picture.
" I don't want my boy holding no pink gun."

It's just kind of weird and kind of in bad taste I guess. Nothing more significant as long as they where unloaded for the duration of time the child was anywhere near them.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

snarky412
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Especially in today's age of paranoia and gun shyness, not to mention Big Brother snooping around close by, it was an extremely poor judgement call
And being as this was posted on Twitter, I assume personal info can be had by TPTB if need be

No, they shouldn't lose their child be any means.
And even tho the guns were probably not loaded---fingers crossed that they weren't--- they may have created a problem for themselves with one of the alphabet agencies

You are spot on. If nothing else you would think they would not want to post everything they had online. Sometimes you just have to shake your head because there's nothing else you can do.

Josephus

how much do you want to be the following was uttered in preparing the picture.
" I don't want my boy holding no pink gun."

It's just kind of weird and kind of in bad taste I guess. Nothing more significant as long as they where unloaded for the duration of time the child was anywhere near them.

That was the mother's gun.
That will let the authorities know she was there when this took place because the dad would not have put that one in the pic at all if he were alone.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Ah, good eyes.....I missed the pink one at the bottom
Yeah you're probably right!!!

'My boy ain't gonna hold no sissy azz pink gun!'

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Got a question for all those offended...
I might be missing something in that pic, but I magnified it and searched, but I found nothing relted to Racism, hate, anti gay, anti abortion, etc, etc
So why the hell are you all offended????
A pic of a baby with guns around him/her is offensive in what way??? Who does it discriminate against, except maybe the anti gun crowd, i dunno...
Everyone is using the word OFFENSIVE way too liberally nowadays, to mean "I dont like it"

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

HomerinNC
I might be missing something in that pic, but I magnified it and searched, but I found nothing relted to Racism, hate, anti gay, anti abortion, etc, etc
A pic of a baby with guns around him/her is offensive in what way??? Who does it discriminate against, except maybe the anti gun crowd, i dunno...
Everyone is using the word OFFENSIVE way too liberally nowadays, to mean "I dont like it"

No one here mentioned being 'offended'

In fact, so far, we pretty much agree nothing wrong here other than it being a tacky/poor choice to post pic online and possibly some repercussions from TPTB down the road

Other than that, no biggie

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

13th Zodiac

Nothing to say this photo was not created to offened. Nothing to say this photo was not created by those who wish to disarm you .

The above statement is true but a quick look on youtube will tell you what most of us already know, gun owners who own this many guns are idiots and tin foil hat wearing aside Im pretty sure you dont think this pic is nay sort of conspiracy.

No sane logical person requires 8 firearms, in my opinion once you get past a handgun and a rifle or 2 it ceases to be about hunting and protection and moves into love of guns, pure and simple.
The moron who took this photo was celebrating and reveling in their arsenal and any true defender of the 2nd amendment should be the 1st ones to condemn this, happy to see that on this thread that is the case.

A visit from Social services is completely justified in this circumstance if you ask me
edit on 29/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

snarky412

HomerinNC

No one here mentioned being 'offended'

In fact, so far, we pretty much agree nothing wrong here other than it being a tacky/poor choice to post pic online and possibly some repercussions from TPTB down the road

Other than that, no biggie

I agree. I wasn't "offended" when I saw it. I thought it might not have been the best idea in the world, but I was not "offended" at all.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Love the posters here who say this picture shoot was ok as long as the weapons were unloaded. That's the rub, folks, people make mistakes sometimes with guns and might not have unloaded all the firearms and a bullet might be in the chamber of one of them. Accidents happen. Why increase the chance by making guns ornaments for a baby picture?

That someone thought that a baby surrounded by firearms is a good idea says a whole lot about one or more persons in the household with the baby, and shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that good gun safety is not practiced in that household.

I hope that the baby is identified and that the gun goons who took this picture get their baby taken away permanently, as well as getting slapped with every child endangerment charge possible as well as any pertinent firearm charges.

And somehow I am not terribly surprised that this picture was taken in Alabama.

For the record, I have no problem with someone owning this many weapons, and even taking a picture of them under more sensible/appropriate circumstances. This picture shows that the gun owner and apparent parent is a clown. Clowns and guns aren't a good mix.
edit on 29-12-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Love the posters here who say this picture shoot was ok as long as the weapons were unloaded. That's the rub, folks, people make mistakes sometimes with guns and might not have unloaded all the firearms and a bullet might be in the chamber of one of them. Accidents happen. Why increase the chance by making guns ornaments for a baby picture?

I hope like hell they were unloaded, whether or not they were, I have no clue...that's why I put 'my fingers crossed that they were'

As I stated in the OP, please, please refrain from snide remarks about the South
There are many posters here on ATS from the south that don't fit in the general 'red neck' category

Poor actions and lack of judgement exists every where in our nation
Just take a look at Washington D.C.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

MrInquisitive

I hope that the baby is identified and that the gun goons who took this picture get their baby taken away permanently, as well as getting slapped with every child endangerment charge possible as well as any pertinent firearm charges.

For the record, I have no problem with someone owning this many weapons, and even taking a picture of them under more sensible/appropriate circumstances. This picture shows that the gun owner and apparent parent is a clown. Clowns and guns aren't a good mix.
edit on 29-12-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

Holy #. You honestly think they should LOSE their children PERMANENTLY because of this?! Even though the parents most probably ensured each gun was unloaded/on safety and the guns were probably moved straight after the picture. Those parents should lose their child forever, based on this one tasteless joke, as people like yourselves believe it to be a stupid thing to do?

I'm not condoning the picture but you cannot just call for children to be ripped away from parents based on one photograph. How can one deduce that the parents are consistently unsafe and 'stupid' from this single picture?

Man, that's kind of scary. I grew up in wartime Bosnia and a lot of people took pictures of their kids with unloaded guns - most people who have genuinely handled a few firearms are generally well aware of the safety precautions. Give people the benefit of the doubt. It is these 'super-strict' and self-righteous attitudes towards the rest of humanity that will allow the police state to grow.
edit on 29-12-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I guess what I don't get is the prestige this person feels for owning some guns. To me they are just another tool in the closet and the picture is on par with me posing my child with my rather modest collection of garden hoses and extension cords. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join