It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mescalin and Universal Conformity.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juanita
You still didn't explain what the toxins, even in its milder form, does to your body to make you experience the 'trip-like' state. Do you know?

Let me quote yet more things about Peyote

Toxicity: The toxicity is low. There has not been registered cases of mortality. Its more pernicious effects seems to be the uneasiness that takes place in many cases after its ingestion. Mescaline has hallucinogenic properties that influence in the perception, fundamentally the sense of the vision. The convulsive movements that take place in certain occasions are fundamentally produced by the pellotine that besides being a convulsive agent , it is also hypnotic.

Regarding Pellotine which some people argue is dangerous, is considered valuable medicine for producing sleep without any undesirable effects.

Yes it may be toxic but only to a small degree like many other household products and even foods you consume. It produces somewhere around 50 chemicals that work on different neurotransmitters - none of which are proven to cause long-term damage. It has even been cited a medical tool to prevent addictions by affecting serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain as well as for gout, neuralgia and rheumatism.

Anyways, if you feel you are ready for such an experience, then go for it. We live and learn if not the other way around. Some people shouldn't be denied this opportunity as it can be used as a reference point to further ones knowledge and insight. My only point was that extreme caution be used and to apply natural practices long before ever deciding to do this.

Yes and I agree, use extreme caution.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Linux]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Just a few ways that I refer to "damaging the body":

As broad as that list is, that's a grouped together list that doesn't deal soley on mescaline. Mushrooms are a very lengthly species that can easily render someone dead.

Let's center out the points that focus directly on peyote:

Higher body temperature (peyote/mescaline)
Depressed heart rate and breathing (peyote/mescaline)
Lowered blood pressure (peyote/mescaline)

I don't see anything to fatal about this. The other points were not worth mentioning because they mostly deal with '___' and Mushrooms. Although if you have a history of disorders mescaline can trigger certain things on that list - even in healthy people so im not denying that fact at all. As always its up to the users descretion to find out thier history.

Lastly, im not sure why you seem to think im not aware of any side effects. I'm sure anyone reading this would do thier own research into the topic.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
As a last note....

I know that there are differences in the side effects; I was just too lazy to cut out the individual ones for mescaline. Also, I want to remind those that are a little too curious (and really shouldn't be going 'there') of the dangers of other hallucinogens when peyote isn't available.

I've come across some very interesting research on this subject. I hope others who are interested will do the same - read and research BEFORE you experiment.

BTW - If you interpreted the damage I referred to as fatal, it was never my intention to do this. Intentional damage to the body is the willingness to inflict harm to the 'normal' bodies process as a means to advance mentally/spiritually. This is where the negative vibration comes in. Send a 'ripple' out for the wrong reasons.....

Also, there are simply TOO many people out there w/ mental and physical problems where the side effects would be fatal. Health, set and setting, and good cause (i.e. - ceremony) are important to consider, as well as knowledge on the subject. If someone cannot answer what group of alkaloids that peyote contains, then they shouldn't be experimenting w/ anything other than the "Search" button.

Thanks, Linux. You peaked my interest to reading new information regarding this. I'm always up for a new search!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

BTW - If you interpreted the damage I referred to as fatal, it was never my intention to do this. Intentional damage to the body is the willingness to inflict harm to the 'normal' bodies process as a means to advance mentally/spiritually. This is where the negative vibration comes in. Send a 'ripple' out for the wrong reasons.....

Ah I understand now, I agree it can easily harm you mentally. I was under the impression you meant fatal.

Thanks, Linux. You peaked my interest to reading new information regarding this. I'm always up for a new search!

thanks for the stimulating conversation. If your interested, I have a very fascinating link that I highly recommend you read.

www.johnhorgan.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
First I would like to say I don't recommend ANYONE to recreationally use these drugs, as the drugs themselves affect the current state of your mind and well being, meaning if your in a horrible, or confused mood, these drugs will only increase that feeling.

Which would be my explanation for that guy who "Woke up one morning and threw out all your bongs and stuff" You were obviously doing things for an alternate reason. I began my journey by myself, without friends interested, and when they became interested I still did EVERYTHING by myself.

I find one thing interesting which hasn't been covered yet, why do we consider these drugs to be so dangerous?, Because for 1 major effect... Time becomes whatever you want it to be. You can easily be lost, and you are constantly listening to everything.

imho, My belief is that this was part of our evolution.

It is a most natural part of nature although our manmade drugs seem to be more popular.

Hey Linux, have you heard of the book, "The Teachings of Don Juan?" its an amazing book about Mescal.

[edit on 6/12/04 by dnero6911]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hey dnero

Interesting concepts you present, yes these drugs are not for just anyone. You must be spiritually ready as well. I went and picked up that book from chapters tonight so i'm just about ready to sit down and read it. I'll let you know my thoughts in a weeks time.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I just read the same thing on a different website w/ different font and a pretty blue background!! It was very interesting, to say the least.

Yes, this was a stimulating conversation in which I never once felt as tho we were arguing.

'Tis nice to experience that here.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I love the part about his spot on the porch.. showed me he was a good teacher.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hows the book so far Linux? Find anything interesting applying perhaps to this thread.... (just trying to keep it alive)

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Damaging ones body as a means to advance their awareness is not recommended, even in Native American wisdom. Forcing yourself to see or feel what you are not spiritually ready for will only cause a negative vibration in on your lifeline that will eventually come back as that - negative.

Many 'drugs' that you are probably referring to actually do not harm the body. Matter of fact, eating a steak causes more harm to the kidneys than an eighth of an ounce of mushrooms. Just say 'no' is government fodder. Don't believe the 'Sunday morning educational TV spot hype'.

While I agree, there are drugs that are totally useless: (heroin, variations of coc aine, XTC, Acid). Most of these drugs that are deemed 'useless' are synthetically created by man. There is no natural value to it.

On the other hand we have substances that occur naturally. Take for example psilocybin mushrooms. Man has consumed these mushrooms for thousands of years. In Terrence McKenna's book Food of the Gods he suggest that the evolution of language was a direct result from the consumption of these 'magic mushrooms'. He even suggests that people that aren�t on these substances just aren�t evolving.

As you probably can tell by the mass of my post, I've consumed many substances. Psilocybin mushrooms have been one of them. They are great. My favorite. The fact is, however absurd this may sound. Mushrooms have a story to tell humankind. Mushroom iconography in archaeology is found everywhere. From cave etchings to ancient paintings depicting God.

As far as being spiritually ready to see what mushrooms have to offer. I agree, some just aren�t ready to embark on the journey. But some are. If humankind never ventured off the realms of the norm physically as well as spiritually, we will never evolve.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join