It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013's Wild, Unforgettable Weather: A Roundup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
We've had an unforgettable year of crazy weather this year, that's for sure.

All this wild weather has been blamed on "human-caused climate change".
Are they hinting it is HAARP that caused this? Hummmm......

Look at all these wild images here from around the world. WOW!
www.livescience.com...

news.yahoo.com...

Heat waves: Southern Australia suffered through record high temperatures for much of the year, fueling wildfires. Central Asia, costal Africa and Central America were also warmer than average, according to the NCDC. [Countdown: 2013's Wildest Weather]

Tornadoes: Despite fewer tornadoes than average in the United States this year, there were two terrible storms that devastated towns near Oklahoma City. One was the strongest tornado on record, and the other was the widest.

Flooding: Colorado and Central Europe saw their worst flooding in decades.

Tropical storms: A quiet hurricane season in the Atlantic Ocean belied the damage being done in the Pacific. Three typhoons each caused more than 1 billion pesos (22 million) in damages in the Philippines. The country is still recovering from Super Typhoon Haiyan, which killed more than 6,000 people in the southern Philippines and may have been the most powerful cyclone to make landfall in the satellite tracking era.

Click on the link to get a countdown of the wildest weather for 2013:

www.livescience.com...

And here is a separate story, but it fits with this topic, so I'm including it here:

Ice Storm: From Maine to Midwest, More Than 100,000 Still Without Power

news.yahoo.com...

The largest storm to hit during Christmas in 126 years!!! WOW!
And more than 500,000 customers from the Midwest to Maine were without power.

And here is another video of the ice storm:

screen.yahoo.com...

The weather does seem to be increasing in intensity every year.
This is why I live in the South, y'all.
We still get all the snow here that I care to see in one year. I can't imagine living where the temps drop to -24 F. Buuuuuurrrrrrrrrrr!

The mass outages in Michigan are the largest for Christmas week in the company's 126-year history. Workers from as far away as Georgia and North Carolina are en route to Flint, Mich., which was hit hardest by the storm. To date, 17 people in the United States have died as a result of the storm, with an additional 10 in Canada.

edit on 12/27/2013 by sled735 because: add video

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I don't know about HAARP or climate change, but weather systems and global streams are certainly getting a it more erratic. Who knows, could change again to calmer next year.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Also a review of the weather in 2013 from CNN:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Really OP?

Fewest Tornados in Years

Lowest amount of Forrest Fires in Years

I am not even going to dignify this thread with any further comments except this:

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! SAVE THE PLANET FROM THE SUN!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I don't seen anything in the OP to suggest the sky is falling or any reference to the earth being under threat from the sun. Joke or otherwise Phantomjack , your post is pathetic.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

S&F. Christmas day brought record heat to Los Angeles. Fullerton was the warmest place in the U.S. for the day at 84 degrees F.

I didn't see drought listed in the various reports but SO CA is on track for record drought in 2013.

HAVE TO MENTION...funny...how the hurricanes have switched from the Atlantic to the Pacific. What's up with that??!!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

phantomjack

Really OP?

Fewest Tornados in Years

I am not even going to dignify this thread with any further comments except this:

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! SAVE THE PLANET FROM THE SUN!

Don't forget: the fewest Atlantic hurricanes in decades.
AccuWeather: 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season Closes Without Any Major Hurricanes

deny ignorance

jw
edit on 27-12-2013 by jdub297 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

jdub297

phantomjack

Really OP?

Fewest Tornados in Years

Don't forget: the fewest Atlantic hurricanes in decades.
AccuWeather: 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season Closes Without Any Major Hurricanes

deny ignorance

jw
edit on 27-12-2013 by jdub297 because: spelling

You all need to go to the linked sources and direct your disapproving statements to them, not me.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
HAARP does not control the weather, it studies the ionosphere to improve radio communication.

The largest storm to hit during Christmas in 126 years!!!

Exactly, so 126 years ago, before modern day technology existed, they had a severe storm, just like many other times throughout history.

The Earth is a fragile, temperamental place.....it's easy to see why they chose the term "mother" nature.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

HAARP does not control the weather, it studies the ionosphere to improve radio communication.

HAARP creates stuff; it doesn't just passively study. You make it sound like they're bird watching - they ain't. HAARP has been creating fake auroras, scintillation, induced ELF inducing whistlers, fake ionospheres inducing fake ionospheric plasma clouds like bullseyes etc.

Those are some of the officially admitted activities. May be a while yet before we see a press release claiming responsibility for steering a hurricane. So far they don't even seem to want to claim responsibility for the wayward jet stream although redirecting the jet stream by lifting portions of the upper atmosphere was something Eastlund, father of HAARP, claimed could be done.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Hate ta be the one ta break it ta ya phantomjack but... the U.S. is NOT the world. And also fyi, storm quantity often has little to do with storm severity. Your reference: 2013 shatters the record for fewest U.S. tornadoes ...2013 also had the fewest U.S. forest fires since 1984

top topics

join