It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Info: Alaska Air’s Been Fuked! Cancellations Due To Fukushima Radiation Rather Than The Flu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Same here. I had a post above here with some stuff I did find.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

They could put those nuclear plants in better locations instead of near faults. They do the same thing here in the USA. The plants should be put in stable areas, not in anywhere that is prone to a disaster. But they don't, it seems that the influence of Senators and the desires of economic growth in communities cause them to be put anywhere there is a desire and pull of the communities. This risk is not limited to the communities that profit by it, that should be a major consideration when placing these plants.

They can build these plants stronger too, for the increase in cost it is worth it. I hear they have built some in Scandinavia that will still be standing here after the world ends
Well, I may have over emphasized that just a tad, but I am a Finn.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

I have been researching the possible effects of Fukushima for quite some time, since it happened in fact. One of the things I have learned is that there are a ton of alarmists out there talking about airborne fallout. Arnie Gunderson himself is to be taken with a grain of salt as he is making a tidy living of this right now.

I agree this is not going away and it is going to get worse, a lot worse. The very nature of this type of thing brings the salesmen out of the woodwork. There are people making money from selling fear. Sadly when they people buy stuff that is not true it makes proving what is true a lot more difficult.

For every link I could post someone can find an opposite link. Personally I trust what I see more than what some asshat making a buck wants to tell me. Look at Rickymouse's readings....... He actually is a better source than most as he owns a functional Geiger counter.

I have a buddy here in Sacramento with one as well. Nothing to serious in the air.....

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Awww, I love the baby coming out of Gucci. He works two jobs and is now off to Foxconn to make your iphone.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

When some of these plants were built (not all) the technology for finding faults was not at the same state it is today. I have a Geologist buddy and he worked faults all over the West Coast. They are finding new ones all the time.

Not that I think for one second they would not do it on purpose if it was a good money decision and "risk"....
bastards.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Why would anyone go to BIN to try and get a story out? Makes no sense. That place has so little credibility. You would think a better outlet could be found, mainstream or alternative.

There's so much BS floating around regarding Fuku, and the gullible are chompin' right on it.

reply to post by OOOOOO

Tons of Evidence Supporting Radiation Hormesis
edit on 27-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Thanks for the in depth reply Ricky.

Very cool to know you have been testing stuff.

- MSB

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I'd like to take it into an X-ray room during an X-ray to see what it does. I wonder if it would tick faster on a Jet way up in the sky? I don't know if it would register those things properly. I suppose it depends on the type of radiation.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It registers just fine at high altitudes and at high speeds.

I've seen a video of this.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Geese, this got sent to the hoax bin and it actually has a lot of off topic related information in the thread that is very good to learn.
That is life

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

OOOOOO
They found radioactive Iodine 113 in the milk in New York over a year ago.

I doubt it since the half life for I-113 is only about 6-7 seconds. With a half life that short it will not uptake into the thyroid gland at all.

OOOOOOThere is a need for everyone to start taking Potassium Iodine, so they will not uptake the 113 into their thyroid.

There is no reason to take KI unless there is actual radio-iodine levels to be concerned about.

Ranb

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

rickymouse
I like to hear it right from someone who does it, not through what is released to MSM who sometimes suppress things, or by people who are promoting fear.

Like I said, I'm actually taking some of these air samples as part of my job.

Ranb

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Ranb40

OOOOOO
They found radioactive Iodine 113 in the milk in New York over a year ago.

I doubt it since the half life for I-113 is only about 6-7 seconds. With a half life that short it will not uptake into the thyroid gland at all.

OOOOOOThere is a need for everyone to start taking Potassium Iodine, so they will not uptake the 113 into their thyroid.

There is no reason to take KI unless there is actual radio-iodine levels to be concerned about.

Ranb

My bad as I don't even know if a Iodine 113 exist, I meant to say 131, I transposed the numbers as, I was working on memory, but in reference to Iodine 131 the half life is 8+ days.
Iodine 131 never becomes non radioactive. As a simple exponential-decay problem, it can get as small as you want if you're willing to wait long enough, but it never reaches zero.

Another thing if there were no half-life of the Iodine why is it used as a contrast, in doing Cat Scans?
And why on earth was the Captain of the USS Ron Reagan taking Iodine supplement, he was stupid right, as were the 200+ sailor's who now have developed cancers.

Also if you wait till you are exposed to supplement, it's kind of late, Da.

One more thing if it half-lifed back into plain ole Iodine in 6 seconds, they could not find it a year later, in milk in New York.
edit on 28-12-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Sorry Mambus, I'm not trying to be a prick but I am very concerned about this problem, as this is very serious.
I was so angry about the Gulf Oil Disaster, I was beside myself, what ever that means. And that piece of crap Cheney was right there involved.

But they have found 137Cs and 134Cs in the Atlantic, as to their surprise, like I said it has come up threw, across the Bering Straights. It has shown up in the waters of the North Atlantic prior to when they thought they would see it, because of the route it has taken.
I'm really mad about this, as the main ocean fish I consume is Haddock, from the North Atlantic. So I am very upset about this.

edit on 28-12-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

webedoomed
Why would anyone go to BIN to try and get a story out? Makes no sense. That place has so little credibility. You would think a better outlet could be found, mainstream or alternative.

There's so much BS floating around regarding Fuku, and the gullible are chompin' right on it.

reply to post by OOOOOO

And you you cite MSN, in the US they are controlled, owned, by the Jewish Israeli Cabal, that is also in control of the US congress.

I was involved with the work of getting Fermi II started back up again. In taking to some of the empolyees of the Fermi, they were not even aware of what had shut down Fermi I, when the technicians had not a clue as to what to do to stop the reaction that was out of control. When I told them what had really happened they were in disbelief.

With what is going on in Japan they don't know what to do either, they have a glowie thing down in the ground, that they are at a loss with, as what to do to fix it, this is far worse than Chernobyl .

Even a Moron might know something you don't, so who is the smart one. It's all relative, I take it all with a grain of salt, but this is a very serious problem. The straw that broke the Camel's back was nothing, least till it had broke the Camel's back.

Tons of Evidence Supporting Radiation Hormesis
edit on 27-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
0:32 AM EST on December 28th, 2013 | Leave a comment
Engineer: 6 experts say nuclear explosion at reactor is possible — NRC: Fukushima Unit 3 explosion had 3 loud bangs, much larger than Unit 1 blast — Tokyo professor’s presentation adds question mark: “Hydrogen explosion of Reactor #3?” (VIDEO)
02:05 AM EST on December 28th, 2013 | 20 comments
Experts: Fukushima can’t be excluded as factor in sea stars turning to goo along West Coast; It hasn’t been ruled out — They’re “particularly proficient” at absorbing radioisotopes; 1,000 times more plutonium than fish (AUDIO)
07:34 PM EST on December 27th, 2013 | 56 comments
Radio: Experts warn ocean currents spreading Fukushima contamination across world — Official 4,000 miles away: Radiation in seafood imports increased noticeably; Time for all stakeholders to be on alert (AUDIO)
02:31 PM EST on December 27th, 2013 | 92 comments
Reports: Highly significant quantity of fission products are flushed into environment by water used on Fukushima molten fuel, including plutonium and curium — Radioactivity to recirculate for many generations in ocean food chain, meat content will increase with time
10:38 AM EST on December 27th, 2013 | 149 comments
Experts: Fukushima disaster victims to include up to 600,000 deaths, over 100,000 still-births, and over 100,000 children with genetic deformations
09:12 AM EST on December 27th, 2013 | 81 comments
Post-Fukushima Report: Concern over Plutonium and Uranium being deposited and re-concentrating far away — Isotopes transfer to land via sea spray, aerosols, flooding — Human exposure by inhalation, food, contact
12:00 AM EST on December 27th, 2013 | 45 comments
FORUM: Fukushima Webcam Discussion Thread
08:55 AM EST on December 26th, 2013 | 255 comments
IAEA Paper: Corium was not cooled in majority of tests using water injected from above, as done at Fukushima — Were studying how to stop molten core from melting through concrete
11:17 PM EST on December 25th, 2013 | 111 comments
Russian Experts: Fukushima pollution spreads all over Earth, clearly a large amount of fish, seaweeds, and everything in ocean has been polluted — These products are the main danger for mankind as they can end up being eaten by people on a massive scale
04:34 PM EST on December 25th, 2013 | 136 comments
TV: Fukushima fish making it to stores, loads brought into port daily — Experts: Very, very high cesium levels in sediments; Most fish in area are radiated — Lab: We’ve never found radiation, it’s safe — Tepco: It’s pretty much under control, fences keep pollution out of ocean (VIDEO)
02:19 PM EST on December 25th, 2013 | 93 comments
Official: Expect airborne radiation releases from Fukushima to increase — Seafood catches off U.S. Pacific coast more likely to be contaminated than ones far closer to Japan — ‘Gravest danger’ to public is if they eat these products
11:52 AM EST on December 25th, 2013 | 78 comments
Merry Christmas from ENENews (+ webcam discussion thread info…)
09:26 AM EST on December 25th, 2013 | 79 comments
Fukushima Mother: ‘Strange smell’ at start of nuclear disaster — Health of entire family has deteriorated — More people who stayed have died, more kids have leukemia and cancer — All our thyroid exams turned out totally different when tested in Tokyo (VIDEO)
06:44 PM EST on December 24th, 2013 | 171 comments
New model shows U.S. was hit by Fukushima cloud that dispersed little over Pacific — Gundersen: Authorities knew about hot particles and didn’t warn public; Could have worn air masks, instead it’s stuck in their lungs; Helicopters did secret survey along coast (PHOTO & AUDIO)
10:43 PM EST on December 23rd, 2013 | 85 comments
6-foot tsunami that hit near New Jersey nuclear plant may be first of its kind in U.S. — People injured, swept out to sea by wave detected as far as Puerto Rico — NOAA said continental shelf may have slumped, now suspects ‘atmospheric event’ (VIDEO)
01:58 PM EST on December 23rd, 2013 | 286 comments
Previously unpublished 2012 map of Fukushima plume from gov’t scientists: Shows Alaska coast already being impacted — “Radioactivity will almost entirely shift to eastern Pacific” — Rhodes Scholar: No one can imagine what effects radiation flowing into ocean will have on sea life, ‘other things’ (VIDEO)
09:50 AM EST on December 23rd, 2013 | 67 comments
Reports: “You can expect an enormous amount of cancers” around Pacific — “We’re all at risk, this radiated water is going to hit right here” in U.S. — We’re at top of food chain, so we get highest radiation dose — 35+ people now suffering cancer after U.S. rescue mission off Fukushima (VIDEO)
12:26 AM EST on December 23rd, 2013 | 134 comments
Japan experts voice alarm over “surge in cancers among young in Fukushima” — Gov’t told to “implement measures now” and be prepared for surge to increase further
09:04 PM EST on December 22nd, 2013 | 90 comments
NY Post: Snow falling on Navy ship caused by Fukushima radioactive steam… “Is that aluminum foil I taste?” — Sailor: People were defecating on themselves in hallways from excruciating diarrhea — Officer: We saw radiation 300 times ‘safe’ levels (VIDEO)
04:02 PM EST on December 22nd, 2013 | 71 comments
Experts: “Really an off year” — Pelicans starving in Pacific Northwest since 2011, killing baby birds for food — Breeding success “really poor” since 2011 — “I believe pelicans are responding to large scale changes” — “Sardine crash” persists in Pacific since decline in 2011
12:33 PM EST on December 22nd, 2013 | 89 comments
Navy Rescuer: Japan refused to let us in during 3/11 operation, said ship too radioactive; We were literally chased by a death sentence, radiation was everywhere — Gundersen: “Like a horror movie where beast never gets killed… Worst yet to come for Pacific” (VIDEO)
11:51 PM EST on December 21st, 2013 | 104 comments
“Unprecedented activity” near Canada’s West Coast: Whales in record numbers, displaying highly unusual behavior — Expert: Problems in Pacific could be bringing sea life to area; “Something’s amiss out there”

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Some one in San Francisco had a Geiger counter and went to take a walk on the beach with it..he measured up to 120-140 on his Geiger counter....these days
www.youtube.com...

Do you know if that is normal? Any can say something about Geiger measurements?

Thx

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tianmat

This would be expected, as some of the debris from Japan washing up on shore can be contaminated. This debris can almost be invisible because it is very small.

It is important to know a baseline though, there could be an outcrop of natural uranium or thorium rock somewhere under the water in that area that was always there. We have outcrops of Thorium here and there is talk of creating a Uranium mine around here somewhere. There are traces of Uranium in some wells in this area, although rare, they do naturally occur. So is this new or has it been like that for a long time.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This something I just found on " Wiki ", I'm sure most of you are aware of the term " Wormwood ". Well I just got a connection to that word and Chernobyl .

Some[12] even point to the Chernobyl disaster as a possible fulfillment of this prophecy, as the name Chernobyl is said to translate to "wormwood.

I almost forgot, in the Japan disaster the 137 Cs is from Chernobyl, but Wormwood was to of turned 1/3 of the water bitter or unpalatable.
edit on 30-12-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join