It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 278
<< 275  276  277    279  280  281 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hi guys

Sorry I've been working so hard I've been distracted, that and finishing P's trilogy took president. Deadline reached trilogy finished

P what can I say ? Now I know where Tez came from my understanding has grown enormously, my thanks
You should send the last chapter to BFFT he'd kill himself laughing

Thanks for the books my friend ... I have one thing to say P

"Camo wolf!"

Cody

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

if its the alamo stuff, its likely I have read at least part of it.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Dear Cody,

I've been working a lot over time too, which is why I decided to go job hunting, long story short:
Next year I will be working half the amount but for double the salary.

The company I worked for thought I was stupid, and would work for free.
The new one wants to hire me for my IT expertise and teaching expertise.

I've always been paid well in the past, except working for my current job. So now I will be hired for I.T. and teaching, and also in charge of the magazine and yearbook.

I've only got 6 months left working here, and I am counting the days.
Good Riddance

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Hey...that's really going great!

I've noticed that you have to keep tinkering with the smallest (seemingly insignificant) details to get the result you want..just the smallest bit off and it won't look like you planned.

I'm working on a glass sphere around my current avatar right now and it's really giving me a headache!!

This is what I come with so far...(still a lot of alignment errors)

Plus side to this endeavor, I finally figured out one of the most basic tools (which I have been ignoring forever) the pen tool!!

Like I said....ache!! (something went wrong with the res. on that printscreen...lol)

Peace
edit on 2014pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 08 Nov 2014 15:19:26 -0600pm3019201411 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Congrats Rr, great to be appreciated I'm sure. You seem bright and talented, no reason you should not have compensation. With your creative skills should be the best Year book ever! The magazine sounds fun too. Shaping young minds, I bet you have a blast.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Hey but its looking really great so far! your right on getting the smallest thing off and it doesn't look like you planned, sometimes though that can be in your favor - when it makes it look better than you thought you planned, or go off on a new and different tact all together!

But you are doing great... I told my husband last night you seem like you were born knowing photoshop, and just didn't know it til now! You are getting everything way fast!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

congratulations on your new job! Thats wonderful!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

When I write about another country I do my home work. I sent that chapter to BFFT and asked if it was somewhere in the ball park. He told be that I had nailed it. Was very cool.

Hi Ho Silver, Away!

RR, well done! Congrats.

P

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

it was well written.

my "spare time" is non existent (as seen by my complete lack of participation in this thread). I wish i could say my time is taken up by modding...but I've not had much time for that, either. Otherwise, i would have already read the whole series like Cody. For now, its all about balancing "dad", "husband", "son", and "employee/manager". The latter of which is easily 3/4 my time or more.

I talked about reaching for a brass ring....i grabbed it. and am now reaching for another. Dream chasing is busy work.
edit on 11/8/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thank you. It was a blast writing it. I owe it all to a love of history, Walt Disney and ATS.

The Battle of the Alamo has been a favorite of mine. It was not that much different in its essence from the 300 Spartans.

I think people should remember those stories. Being able to incorporate the place and to remind people of the heroes is something I wanted to do.

Thanks for your help on it. Getting it right when writing about another country is difficult and one just can't make it up. Since I primarily write from the psychological viewpoint, it is critical to get the personalities right. Well, you can go over the top a bit, but the underlying basics have to be right.

I get so much out of ATS is is like a second home. So many people willing to help. Can't find that in my ordinary life! Lol.

So thank you all. (Especially, BFFT, Dollukka, and RR.)

P

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hey Cody, while you wait for my next one

Try this one.

Valens

See what you think. It is also written by an ATS member. Won't say who. If they want to put their hand up, it is up to them. I enjoyed it.

P

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I am sorry if I'm am boring anybody with these posts of my experiments but when I am enthousiastic about something I just have to share it...

Anyway...deceided to add some thinkness to my glass sphere and I have to say it is looking more like plexiglass now but still a result I am very pleased with.

Peace

edit on 2014pAmerica/ChicagoSun, 09 Nov 2014 06:14:30 -0600am3014201411 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Well... I'm not bored. I've learned something from you... and that never bores me! I think your glass is looking awesome!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

That looks very cool.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I am sorry if I'm am boring anybody with these posts of my experiments but when I am enthousiastic about something I just have to share it...

Nah, you can't bore us!! LOL

It looks really cool...

Keep up the good work & keep sharing it with us

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412
Well I have no idea if I'm using this thread wrong because it might come across as if I'm reshaping this into the "BTS: PS experimentation thread"..lol.

But I have to say, ever since the Halloween avatar creation thread, I have become so driven to create things and not just because of creating things but also because of the good atmosphere in these threads!!

You people are some of the kindest and friendliest people I have come across in 6 years on ATS. There is so much respect among you guys that one feels so very much welcome regardless of what quality you bring to the thread.

I couldn't tell anymore if the world will be ending anytime soon because the only place I have been visiting on ATS are these kind of threads.

You guys rock!!!

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I enjoy posts about you guys playing around with different techniques...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

There are some of us that can really use any tips or ideas that you discover while playing, so please do share. LOL

GIMP is not the same as PS but I might can decipher something similar and play with it later
So keep playing, that's what this thread is all about

And yes, this is my fav thread above all others
Just come and relax, share your latest creation & enjoy the company

I'm usually on when the others are off due to the time difference/location

Hopefully I'll be able to play more now that I have more time
Need to come up with some new ideas for the Christmas contest. HA

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

i know that feel, bro

In December 2012 I started a phase of my job that create more stress than anything I have ever been through. I put in 15 hour days, 7 days a week, for several months into 2013. This thread, or its predecessor(s) rather, are what maintained my sanity. I would come home and withdraw into ATS and photoshop. Sit, stare, and create stuff. I didn't have to really think, at least not about numbers and accounting principles.

I didn't click on a single thread on ATS outside of this one for almost 6 months. It was the respite I needed. And I developed a nice and fun hobby (that I can monetize, if i want) along the way.

I am glad you like it here, among our group of misfits. You are using the thread in the perfect way.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The way everyone is going with PS, one day I may have to buckle down and buy PS....one day!!

But for right now, GIMP will have to do
Need to look up more tutorials

Not quite as adept at it as is Zarni

top topics

<< 275  276  277    279  280  281 >>

join