It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 256
<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

yeah....there are a couple of things i am ironing out. Ill post another a bit later.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi everyone, just walking in. . .

Hopefully after I read through this, I can learn some new tricks from you all.
Ttys, AB

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Welcome aboard ! This is a good place to hang out and have some fun too. There is big bad BFFT ( which pretends to be intimidating ) but has a heart of Ape Gold

and his little minion Cody which we are not yet certain if he is a Chihuahua or a little chimp.

Some of us peek in every now and then

And you never know what you can find here...

Everything is stress free in here.. have a wonderful journey

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

STRESS FREE?????? STRESS FREE!!!!!!!!!

[snippity snip snip SNIP!!!!!!]

Aye, It's pretty laid back actually!
To Antebellum:
Nice to see you again Ante B.... You're looking particularly gorgeous in your own avatar this weather!!! LOL
Have you changed your hair or something?? LOL

I'm off.... to look out some baby pics of cody, BFFT, Doll etc. Mwahahahaaaa!!!!!

G

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Oh Jeez I'd hate to think what's coming now Gbro.

@ dollukka LMAO I'm a minion,

@ Antebellum, this time last year I first came here a wide eyed avatar newbie, these guys taught me everything I know and gave me endless encouragement, for which I will bee forever grateful.

Cody

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It was your last avatar that inspired me to learn this.
Right now I can paint what you did in oils or acrylics but not on a computer, which is much better in today's world. After I learn the tricks I can always go back and formally do it the old fashion way. I was a SCAD student for 18 months until I transferred to NJIT for architecture.

I hope to learn and be as good as some of you in time and am very happy to be a part of this.
Thank you all for the really warm welcome!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You'll be as good as me in about errrrrrrrrrrrrrrm a day and a half. And mine get picked up occasionally, just don't get disheartened if an avatar doesn't get picked up. As my big monkey master told me.

"No ego means no disappointment my young PS Jedi wannabe"

Or something like that, he teaches me PS, I try to teach him to be eloquent and speak real English. He's winning, I'm losing LOL. Y'all

Cody

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

LOL...."ya'll".....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Photoshop can certainly be used to paint stuff. But there are other programs that likely do that better.

What Photoshop does best is make collages. That is basically what most of us do. We take a head from that image, a body from another image...maybe put a boat scene in for the background....then blend it all together so it looks more realistic and achieves the mood we are looking for.

I am just a collage artist, scavenging scraps from the internet.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If you like natural media feel on painting there is always artrage Demo i sometimes use that too. Photoshop is usually my cup of coffee as i use it in my work. If there is anything you want to ask how to do something then be brave and ask. I know you moved to Gimp which as my knowledge works pretty similar as Photoshop, here are also GIMP gurus around us

I am looking forward to see your imagination ( your pandemic story was WOW creepy.. enjoyed it a lot ) flowing in this forum !

And how much you have developed in a year ! You make your (Avatar) creation forum mommys and Daddys proud !

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

But there are other programs that likely do that better.
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There are other programs, that probably are more suited to your needs.

Jeez talk about an uphill struggle

Cody

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

And how much you have developed in a year ! You make your (Avatar) creation forum mommys and Daddys proud !

Thanks

I'll be able to change my own diaper in no time at all LOL

Cody

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Thanks again!
Here is an example of one of my earlier works(I have hundreds but most haven't been converted to digital format yet).
It was done by hand not on a computer and was for a architectural study. I cut and pasted from 100's of magazines to get what I wanted for we had to do an entire series of them.

This would have been so much easier on the computer. Well we'll see what happens after a few trials and errors!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Welcome!

I heard you may be playing around with GIMP

There's a great GIMP tutorial here

I do all my stuff in GIMP. It's not the most user-friendly app in the world, but it is very flexible. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Thank you, I'm sure I will.

The other day I had an issue scaling down an image without loosing resolution. I tried several work-arounds and finally had cody599 do it for me. It's worked before, I don't know what went wrong this time but I'm new to GIMP and agree with what you were saying.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Hi AB, it's the other AB!!!

These kind folk have allowed me to hang with them here and I know everyone (myself included though I'm still mostly a noob at this) will welcome you as warmly as they did me. I wandered in like a stray cat and they let me stay.

Good to see you!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you contribute.
. I know it will be awesome!

Peace,

-AB
edit on 13-10-2014 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hey Cody, mate ..... Codyyyyyyyyy ...... where are you ....

Oh crap, don't scare me like that.

It is up and available now. A great many thanks to Dollukka

P

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Woo Hooo

Sorry P I was busy mucking out the Gorilla, I'm here, just a bit smelly.

I must away to work now, would you u2u me link for the download please mate ?

Catch you all soon, just need to teach Mrs C how to drive my car WITHOUT blowing it up or crashing it

It's gonna be a stressful few days LOL

Cody

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You know you don't have to do that anymore... Despite what he tells you....

I remember your car. I can imagine this will be you for a few days....

I remember the first time I let Ms. T drive the Rangie. It has a slightly more than warm 5.7 litre under the hood, so not short on power. We're just driving along like normal, and she decides to leadfoot the accelerator to see what would happen.

Several parts-tightening seconds later, I told her we should keep it at the speed limit, as we were now doing close to 170km/h and still climbing rather quickly. She just goes, "oh" and slows down. Meanwhile I'm imagining the billion dollar fine and my lovely being mashed into a tree all at once.

I let her drive the 4cyl these days....

new topics

top topics

<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join