It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How we will be doing it over here in France and special thoughts to all of you..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hi to each and every single one of you...

I put this in the coffee thread but i would also like to share this with each and every single one of those of you who are interested in reading this thread.

Yep... that time of the year and this is how we will be spending it in the Rodinus household :

Menu à la Rodinus : (As this year Mrs R is putting all her trust in me... *gulps*)

Starters :

Fois gras nestling on round toast with onion marmalade
Smoked Scottish salmon with a tiny spoonfull of French sturgeons eggs on their toasts

All washed down of course with a bottle of white Méthode traditionelle La Chai des Sablons, St Romain sur Cher 2003

Main course :

Oven baked Capon (Chapon) bathed in a herb (garden grown) sauce of Thyme, Rosmary sage and milk, accompanied with Garlic bathed rolls of green beans and potato rostis (home made with small pieces of onion and bacon chopped up and mixed in... (with an egg for those interested))

All washed down also with a bottle of Château St Georges 1966

In-between :

Green lettuce in a chive vinaigrette.

All washed down with lots of Perrier OR a bottle of Préstige St Romain sur Cher, La Chai des Sablons

Cheese :

Selles sur Cher Goats cheese (The best in France (the makers are friends)), Morbier, Roquefort, Fresh white sheep cheese mixed with OUR garlic and OUR herbs and a couple of triangles of condensed crap for Rod Jr

All washed down with the rest of Château St Georges 1966... aww bugger would be a shame to open another bottle wouldn't it?

But as I had uncorked an extra one or two (just in case!?)... The ones Cody didn't find in Summer...

Or should i say the bottles that i buried 2 metres below ground in an old 1st world war anti personel mine field before Cody arrived!

Inbetween :

The normandy hole... YEP° sounds rude but it isn't... (Trou Normand) typical French tradition to help digest better after 6 hours sat at the table :

Half a champagne glass of homemade (By Rodinus) Lime sorbet and a shot of Calvados fire water.

Side note : It can get rude if you eat more than 3!

Dessert :

La bûche de noêl... A typical French tradition... :

See pic :

Afterwards...

Coffee
Mandarins
Chocolates
Nuts!!!

And the most important

RENNIES :

Next morning :

Jumped on by Rod Jr at 5 in the morning in order to go downstairs and see what Santa has left in the socks under the tree...

All of this with a massive hangover and Mrs R taking pics of us (WHILST SHE LOOKS AS FRESH AS A BLUMMIN SPING DAISY!!!) with our hair all stuck up all over the place in our mega sexy dressing gowns that we have had for over 20 years... (Guess what Santa is bringing Mrs R this year?)

This year i am playing a joke on Rod Jr in not putting anything in his sock... apart from my feet and a bottle of Alka Seltzers...

Once a year, farming families in France get together and i mean the WHOLE family... we will be around 30 this year and this year it is at our home.... Not all of us here on ATS will be doing the same thing...

However, whatever you do, whoever you are, wherever you are... Whether you be with your family, whether you be alone, whether you are in waiting as one of your loved ones will soon be gone (as is our case sadly... or whether you have lost someone recently...)

Merry Christmas to each and every single one of you very special people.... may the yuletide season bring you joy and may the coming new year bring you all HEALTH, happiness, joy and prosperity.

And, if i may also add... Tolerance...

Love, hugs and respects...

And awww bugger it for once...

Bryan (AKA Rodinus)
edit on 24-12-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Your post put a smile on my face. Sounds like a fantastic time. Please raise a glass for me,

Seasons best wishes,

beez

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Sounds amazing, have a great time.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Rodinus

Your post put a smile on my face. Sounds like a fantastic time. Please raise a glass for me,

Seasons best wishes,

beez

Thanks Beez...

Awww noooo not another glass!

You realised that you have contributed to yet another drunk post with your suggestion?
Shame on you...!

I am thinking of trading the chapon in for a freshly caught rabbit! (Nice with a glass of Chilled St Romain sur Cher, Chai des Sablons Cabernet 2008!)

Erm... i would like to add that up until now apart from right at the very beginning when i first joined ATS i have never written, scibbled or drawled my fingers a cross a keyboard in order to try and type a drunk post... i think!?... *Starts to go through posting history with a worried look on his face*

Warmest respects

Rod

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

woodwardjnr
Sounds amazing, have a great time.

Thanks Woody... you too

Warmest yuletide respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Jeez mate, sounds a bit rich.

Don't even know what half the stuff is. What is a Capon?

Anyhows.

It will be a nice cool 32C tomorrow so I won't be having anything hot. To be honest, it is just me and and the dog and neither of us can be buggered cooking.

So we are having Prawns to start with, big buggers! In vinegar, not that vinaigrette stuff and bugger the chives. They are consumed with a beer mate! Oh and with cucumber. I don't know the fancy words for it.

Next we will consume cheese, from a cow mate. You can have the goats (we shoot them) and the Sheep (We shear them) we don't bloody milk the buggers, and copious amounts of ham. I will have a salad with that. After that, some turkey, roast beef and chicken.

I am not totally uncouth. I have a nice bottle of Sacred Hill Shiraz Cabernet, 2010. 1966? What, don't you drink mate. Shouldn't still have it. You should have drunk it all years ago. (oldest bottle of wine I have is 1983)

Then some more ham with water melon. Perhaps some rock melon to go with it.

For dessert I have some ice creams, the ones covered in thick chocolate, on sticks.

Bugger, none left, the kids ate them all today. Oh well, I'll have a ginger beer spider or three.

Well, that's what I'm haven.

LOL

P

Merry Christmas Rodinus, seasons greetings to your loved ones.

edit on 24/12/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Sounds delicious!
What time should we be there? Mind if I bring a few friends? My drunk uncle is here and he's driving us all nuts.
Would you like us to bring anything? Some cheesy poofs perhaps? I hear they go great with Château St Georges. Spam sammiches maybe?

I can't wait! See you soon.
edit on 12/24/2013 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

pheonix358
Jeez mate, sounds a bit rich.

Don't even know what half the stuff is. What is a Capon?

Anyhows.

It will be a nice cool 32C tomorrow so I won't be having anything hot. To be honest, it is just me and and the dog and neither of us can be buggered cooking.

So we are having Prawns to start with, big buggers! In vinegar, not that vinaigrette stuff and bugger the chives. They are consumed with a beer mate! Oh and with cucumber. I don't know the fancy words for it.

Next we will consume cheese, from a cow mate. You can have the goats (we shoot them) and the Sheep (We shear them) we don't bloody milk the buggers, and copious amounts of ham. I will have a salad with that. After that, some turkey, roast beef and chicken.

I am not totally uncouth. I have a nice bottle of Sacred Hill Shiraz Cabernet, 2010. 1966? What, don't you drink mate. Shouldn't still have it. You should have drunk it all years ago. (oldest bottle of wine I have is 1983)

Then some more ham with water melon. Perhaps some rock melon to go with it.

For dessert I have some ice creams, the ones covered in thick chocolate, on sticks.

Bugger, none left, the kids ate them all today. Oh well, I'll have a ginger beer spider or three.

Well, that's what I'm haven.

LOL

P

Merry Christmas Rodinus, seasons greetings to your loved ones.

A Capon is a cockerel with its nuts chopped off!

Prawns from the sea and cheese right from the cows udders... way to go

Cucumber... fancy French word is concombre... just chuck some vinaigrette on it... very dietetic indeed it is!... Otherwise Mad Dog hot sauce does the trick too!

I heard that you codgers do something else with sheep?

Anyways, have a great one mate and will be thinking about you and your fathful friend tonight as i am chugging the St Emilion down my neck.

Sacred Hill Shiraz Cabernet, 2010..? Napa valley witch piss they call that over here in France... Only joking... keep a glass for me.

oOOOOO you lucky bugger... you are having a Magnum as a dessert!

I have plenty of Rennies and Alka Seltzer if you need them and don't forget that i am a vet if the dog drinks too much!

Kindest respects

Rod

Right, better get that well deserved siesta in before i hit the cockerel with its nuts chopped off!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

So, kicking it old school continental style then eh Rodinus? I can appreciate that!

This years spread will surely include several staples of British Christmas celebration. A bloody great turkey, rammed full of seasoned stuffing, a slab of pork (which mother cooked last night, and let me tell you, if it was possible to drown in ones own saliva, I would have done it last night), a lump of beef, a crap load of assorted vegetables, oven roast potatoes, plus several sweeter treats for afters (which I ignore, because I am a savoury fiend), and that is before we even get to the booze. I fully intend to consume a bottle or two of rum, since I dislike wine, and cannot find a decent port around here worth a crap.

I am probably going to be my normal disgraceful self this year, and literally bury my face in the plate like a god damned animal! I do not care. My attitude is, I am a celt, and when we celebrate, it always gets messy

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Neysa
Sounds delicious!
What time should we be there? Mind if I bring a few friends? My drunk uncle is here and he's driving us all nuts.
Would you like us to bring anything? Some cheesy poofs perhaps? I hear they go great with Château St Georges. Spam sammiches maybe?

I can't wait! See you soon.
edit on 12/24/2013 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

Bring em all along... even the cheesy poofs... I have a couple of gay friends with a wicked 1970s sense of humour!

Spam is for tomorrow when we are all burping away...

Now, where was i with that siesta... the sofa awaits me...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by Rodinus

So, kicking it old school continental style then eh Rodinus? I can appreciate that!

This years spread will surely include several staples of British Christmas celebration. A bloody great turkey, rammed full of seasoned stuffing, a slab of pork (which mother cooked last night, and let me tell you, if it was possible to drown in ones own saliva, I would have done it last night), a lump of beef, a crap load of assorted vegetables, oven roast potatoes, plus several sweeter treats for afters (which I ignore, because I am a savoury fiend), and that is before we even get to the booze. I fully intend to consume a bottle or two of rum, since I dislike wine, and cannot find a decent port around here worth a crap.

I am probably going to be my normal disgraceful self this year, and literally bury my face in the plate like a god damned animal! I do not care. My attitude is, I am a celt, and when we celebrate, it always gets messy

I am drowning in my own dribble at the thought of your spread true!

Don't ram that turkey too much... i hear that in the UK it is now classed as a criminal offense!?

Let me know when you get started on the booze.

Kindest respects

Rod

"Vive les Celts" as they say over here... I am Celt too and bloody proud to be... Now where is that bottle of Bushmills!?
edit on 24-12-2013 by Rodinus because: More crap spelling... i need that siesta!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

In all seriousness, Rodinus
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
That goes for all of ATS.
Merry Christmas Ya'll

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I am a bit worried about making a Christmas dinner... but I am making lamb, and praying he likes it! I am not exactly sure if he does... I don't even know if he has eaten any before.

I do not have all the side dishes worked out, I am working on that... I just hope he likes the dinner. And the gift I bought for him...

I am trying to make it christmasy and like home.

Maybe I will take note of your menu and try making some of that for him next year!

Hope your Christmas is beautiful! Its sounds like it will be perfect!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
edit on 24-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I love lamb! (the wife marinates it in coffee)
Sounds like an awesome feast!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Joyeaux Noel, Rodinus.

Have a great time, certainly sounds like you will!!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Cobaltic1978
Joyeaux Noel, Rodinus.

Have a great time, certainly sounds like you will!!

And the same to you Cob...

Why do all of the keys on my comp suddenly smell of garlic?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I love lamb! (the wife marinates it in coffee)
Sounds like an awesome feast!

Any chance of the recipe Beez?

Not being keen lamb fans this might just be something that will get our taste buds tingling?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
That sounds like a lovely, albiet too rich feast for me, and I enjoyed reading about how your family spends the holidays.

I once made a capon feast but it seems we here in Canada are programmed for turkey, so it wasn't ooooo'd and awwww'd.

Have a wonderful holiday.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

InTheLight
That sounds like a lovely, albiet too rich feast for me, and I enjoyed reading about how your family spends the holidays.

I once made a capon feast but it seems we here in Canada are programmed for turkey, so it wasn't ooooo'd and awwww'd.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Not sure if the capon will work out... if its not ooooing and awwwing it might be baaarrrping and buurrrping!

Everything going into this evenings meal is virtually fat free (apart from the garlic butter and cheese that is!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Oooooo i have just remembered! there are also fried fresh scallops in garlic butter on the starter!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Happy Holidays to everyone here at ATS please enjoy yourselves and remember " A pet is not just for christmas "

Love & Light

Sk8ergrl x

top topics

<<   2 >>

join