It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How was your 2013????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
How was your 2013???

I'm trying to type something but I can't seem to type. I just don't know what to say. 2013 wasn't good. But what is good or bad. It's all just an interpretation, a feeling, an experience. What does it really matter. Whether you feel hot or cold, good or bad, what does it really matter? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger as they say. Also it's all to just be analysed and perceived as some new experience in your human condition. So if it's bad, what does it matter? You won't fully know what good is unless you know what bad is, and visa versa. I just try not to internalize anything that happens anymore. That's the mistake people make when it comes to events in there life. They internalize them so much and that's when it can actually affect them. It's better to just not internalize it and be the observer like you're watching a movie or something play out. Where you can look back after and say "hmmm that was interesting", but not have it phase you. I don't know I just find life has been nothing but weird lately. Nothing good at all. So eventually you just don't care anymore, you're just like lets see what new drama life has in store. I'm hopeful 2014 has something positive in store, but it's challenging to be optimistic. But I haven't really faced any thing all that major. I just hope things get better next year somehow.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I met some wonderful people here, i also was in the hospital for a week with things the Doctors still can't explain "What" only that my white blood cells are wrong, and I'm anemic amongst some "infection" i had that put me in the hospital to begin with spreading through my body to my organs.

i turned 23, my Drag career is going stronger.

there have been steps towards equality, and steps back as the world seems to become more divided

again i must stress that i have met wonderful people here, and hope to continue to meet more!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

You're drag career???? hmmmm ok

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Well the fact that ISON isn't streaking through the sky right now sucks a big one (crap flavored lollipop that is).
I was really looking forward to that.

But on a good note, I did manage to make some major strides career wise. So all in all I'd say this year was a pretty good one for me and mine.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's been a good year.
It didn't kill me, so I guess it made me even stronger!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I almost wish there would be a global economic collapse and everything and everyone was thrown into total chaos. That would just wild and crazy. Probably keep you on your toes.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Yes, i am a Drag Queen.

and RuPaul is too fierce!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

what exactly is a drag queen? Someone who is sexually confused? that's dumb, you are what you are. Why fight that? Just be what you're born to be. And not try and change it. Life has enough challenges as is as opposed to try and changing something that's in your dna. That you don't need to worry about. Better to deal with the stuff that is actually a challenge like "how to make a living" and "build a life", even if that mean our a bit of a sissy. At least you know youre a male sissy. Who cares, but to try and say your a woman when youre clearly not? And end up as an ostrasized drag queen? Better to be a metro sexual man than a drag queen.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
No, no dear. i am not "Sexually Confused" i am a Gay male, i am not Transgendered. i am an entertainer, Drag is my art, my expression, my performance. do i wear drag in public? yes i have before, but it's not every day, when i am out of drag i still wear eyeliner, eyeshadow lip gloss, and sometimes concealer.

but there is nothing confused about me, i don't think i am a woman

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Some people can never understand. I guess nobody can really walk in another's shoes but we really should try or just let it go. I am a bi-sexual female, in a relationship with a man, am a mother and yet I know in my heart of hearts that my soul is male. What does that make me? Meh, I don't care. So beyond labels. live and let live.

Drag is an artform. Trust me I know... used to work as a stripper ( in the old school Canadian way.. big theme shows, feather and sequin gowns) I had to transform into a woman every day just for the job even though biologically I am female. Not sure if this is because the essence of female is no longer natural but just caricature, albeit fierce.

Anyhow, I'm off topic because I felt a need to defend a young drag queen

How was my 2013? B!tch'n.. and it wasn't just me.

Happy holidays to all!
edit on 24-12-2013 by igloo because: I'm not sexually confused either!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Considering I started on one chemotherapy at the beginning and ending the year on another type, with an awake brain surgery in between, it's not been my finest year. Still I'm alive and kicking, hopefully have a better year next year and be still be around to watch the World Cup in 2014. Mustn't grumble.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

My 2013 was a bit of a mixed bag. I went to an awesome rock festival, saw some excellent bands, did good work in our shop, got a lot of DIY done that I had been meaning to do, and my sister and her fella got hitched, which was wonderful because they are diabetes inducing in terms of cuteness together. That was good stuff.

My best friends broke up after living together for three or so years, and dating for seven, and they are like family, so I share their pain and frustration. The woman I love made some choices that meant that I could no longer remain in contact with her, without risking everything myself and my family have worked for in our business (complicated), so I am pretty gutted to be honest on that level.

There have, in short been positives and negatives to this years proceedings, and I really could not tell you which has won out this year. I think an excess of introspection on that point would only lead to potentially depressing conclusions however, and would not promote a more positive new year, so I say balls to all that, lets just get drunk, munch turkey leg, and above all...

edit on 24-12-2013 by TrueBrit because: Added vid

edit on 24-12-2013 by TrueBrit because: Spelling issues

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Mine has had its ups and downs as for most of us I reckon. The darndest thing though was that I just never got use to writing 2013. On checks, during the day at work on phone messages, or anything. I just couldn't get use to it. Anyways, I'm doing well and hope everyone else is to.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

spartacus699
I almost wish there would be a global economic collapse and everything and everyone was thrown into total chaos. That would just wild and crazy. Probably keep you on your toes.

Your life must be so empty.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Un-eventful, up until October. Since then it's been one wild, wild ride!! 2014 is gonna be a awesome year. New people in my life, new experiences. Can't wait for the new year.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

woodwardjnr
Considering I started on one chemotherapy at the beginning and ending the year on another type, with an awake brain surgery in between, it's not been my finest year. Still I'm alive and kicking, hopefully have a better year next year and be still be around to watch the World Cup in 2014. Mustn't grumble.

You should try and seek out alternative treatments. Chemo is very risky from what I've heard. I'd go with the bodies natural instincts not fight them. So if you take that and your body is screaming to you in sickness saying "stop don't do this", then don't ignor that. It's a clearn sign. your body doens't want that. That's the way I look at it. I know even if someone told me I had cancer that I wouldn't do chemo and one of the reasons is that they something like 100 leading cancer dr's took part in some survey. One of hte questions was "would you do chemo if you had cancer?" over 80% of them said flat out NO! Imagine that, yet they will give it to you? Get real obviously something is wrong there. I don't want to confuse you either, I'm just saying exploring your options isn't a bad idea when it comes to your very own life at risk right.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The bad: Alot of hardship, having to move out of my kids home, working hard on having a healthy relationship with my ex, losing hours at work while paying 2 rents.

The good: got my own place, kids come visit nearly everyday, got a cat so not so lonely i guess.

All and all 2013 couldent finish any faster.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Logman

spartacus699

Your life must be so empty.

no, but a lot of challenges I'm facing. Some very serious too.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
How was my 2013? Pretty lousy, but thanks for asking. Seems like I went from being vibrant, happy go lucky, life of the party in years past, to almost dead inside. I was always the type to pick myself up and go on with life, but I guess after doing that over and over and over again, you reach a point where enough is enough. I guess the re-start button stopped working.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
2013 has been tough. Work has sucked the life out of me for the last 12 months.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join