It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Govenor Bans Electronic Cigarettes on State Property.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Fish stink too, every time we drive past the seafood market in the summer we are forced to smell that god awful smell so I guess we should ban seafood too.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Metallicus
reply to post by catfishjoe

Why should I have to inhale anyone else's air pollution even if it is just 'vapor'?

I like this law.

If you value peoples' air pollution so low, out of respect for others and your desire to reduce pollution, please stop exhaling so those around you don't inhale your CO2, garlic breath or whatever.
edit on 12/24/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Grimpachi

Well some political groups are not known for understanding or being apprised of science. It is just to bad they are in positions of power.

Yep... Democrats aren't democratic at all.

*edit= Republicans aren't either.
edit on 12/24/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Where's the law that protects us from peoples horrible breath they expel?
We should be less concerned about such a small matter and be joining together to fight against the mans toxins made from factories and billion dollar corporations we have no joice but to breath

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

beezzer

Grimpachi
[snip]

All jokes aside, how much of a braindead control freak do you have to be to not only enact something like this, but believe it's a benefit? It's not. The amount of anything exhaled is barely measurable at best, and you opening the damn door letting all that polluted interior recycled A/C air out to envelope the nearest person is going to have more of a negative effect than any person's e-cig will.

Goddamn, people are stupid in this country...
edit on 12/24/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I love it when Republicans talk about personal responsibility and freedom then use the strong arm of government to ban that same freedom.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

ExPostFacto

I love it when Republicans talk about personal responsibility and freedom then use the strong arm of government to ban that same freedom.

It is hypocritical, isn't it.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Metallicus

Why should I have to inhale anyone else's air pollution even if it is just 'vapor'?

I like this law.

It's thank to people like you that this reality has become so disgustingly unbearable. I read your post and I cannot help but picture you as a marionette that moves arms and legs when the strings are pulled. Forgive me as I don't absolutely want to offend you but I cannot hide the fact that your comment made me very sad. Made me sad for what our society has become and how fake and hypocrite we seam to get toward each other. Worry about GMO food, pollution of the environment by carbon emission, worry about illegal wars are being fought in the name of a false democracy, worry about your basic freedoms that are being stripped away every day goes by. Worry of the way you are forced to think without really thinking...Sorry if it sounds harsh but it felt right.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Anyone ever see those blu ecig commercials with Stephen Dorff and Jenny McCarthy? They talk about taking their freedom back. Freedom to use a legal substance that not too long ago was socially acceptable in public. Now that it is completely unacceptable, it is the flavor of the month to ban a safe alternative as a kneejerk reaction to all the do-gooders who know what's best for everyone as a whole.

Maybe these legislators really hate freedom. Like my man Ice T... warning *SALTY language below*

It's funny because in my mind I see the lawmakers acting exactly like that before they make public appearances promoting their new agendas and how much better they are making the world with their actions. I can definitely see banning it during, say, court hearings and any official functions where it could be a distraction, but we all know it won't stop there.

Maybe next they could ban persistent contrails. Or persisent career politicians. Now, that's something I can get on board with.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

pointr97
The reason this is becoming an issue is because the tobacco industry has their collective panties in a wad.

DING DING DING....we have a Winner folks!

My little city here in TX has imposed a "moratorium'" on new Vape-stores opening up until more "research" can be done on the effects of e-cigs.

Meanwhile......every single gas station, drug store, grocery store continues to push all types of tobacco products on all flavors of life that walk in.

Also let's not forget the impact that e-cigs might have on the Healthcare (for profit) and Cancer industries. The less tobacco products use, the healthier people may become. You don't think these giant corporations haven't done impact-analysis on this already? Now we're seeing step 1 in the campaign to curtail e-cigs.

1 - Fear. Warn consumers about the "unknown consequences" of this product

and now guessing:
2 - release "studies, articles and stores" in the media about possible dangers ("possible" is the key word here) of e-cigs, the second-hand vapors, the chemicals
3 - Oversensationalizing the use - blame e-cigs for someone's death, bad behavior, criminal activity
4 - Disinformation - classify these products as "gateway drugs" or some other buzzword to paint their benefit/use in a negative light
5 - tie the chemicals to steriod use which then prompts a full-on investigation by congress and ultimately leads to a ban.

edit on 24-12-2013 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2013 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There has been some chatter of Fallin for v.p. don't care for her too much. Tho I feel that way about all politicians.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Next you will be ticketed for farting in public.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Metallicus

I like this law.

And the gas guzzling truck driving by has far more pollution concerns than cigarette smoke.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
At least we can still smoke in bars. Still though, I think this is ridiculous. Why is it that Govt' officials don't work on the bigger issues. It seems like every day we're seeing a pointless law like this being passed. Don't they have bigger fish to fry?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wow... Wow.... Wubzie~ Houston we have ignorrance!!!

I love my Liquid E-Cig, and I love smoking in general, it's liberating for me after a stressful or during a stressful day. I've cut my actual cigerette consumption to almost 0 using my Triple 7 bullet e-cig and highly recomend it to anyone looking to kick a nasty habit.

There's a big difference as well, you can smoke a e-cig and feel great, lungs don't hurt and no bad taste or smell, then smoke a toxic cig (choose your brand poison) and be high as a kite.

Anyone who has a problem with my e-cig and wants to banter about health think about this.

Oxygen is release from plants and trees that convert CO2, it's recycled Oxygen which if you really want to be gross about it has been breathed by EVERY FRIGGIN HUMAN on the planet. Essentially your breathing the same air as Abraham Lincoln and everyone else from the begining of Human History. Germaphobes and Health nuts get your rocks hard!

Best regards and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I wonder if gov. Mary Fallin is supported by big tobacco? follow the money
edit on 24-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with smell or toxicness and everything to do with *seeing* what is expelled from others bodies. This proves that point, I always knew this was the real reason behind illogical laws like this. I believe this is a form of psychosis. Imagine how they would react to a silent, odorless but visible fart. . .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join