It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Govenor Bans Electronic Cigarettes on State Property.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
www.upi.com...

Also really bad for tires. I guess people are throwing out the empty cartridges and they puncture tires.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Maybe these politicians should start with a ban on all lobbyist's forever.

Now that is something that would justify a politicians worthless existence.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am not sure why but this subject makes me think of this.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't know. I don't care for e-cigs. They don't taste right and they burn my throat. They also use glycol as the liquid to suspend the nicotine in.

I used to spray glycol on sidewalks to de-ice them.

Now, the MSDS sheet for the glycol said it was pretty much harmless, but if I'm spraying it to melt ice and it has an MSDS...I'm not so sure I want to be inhaling it. Who knows what long-term exposure to glycol will cause iin the future...

Who knows, maybe it's a different form of glycol. The only time I use an e-cig is in rental cars and long road trips.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Well I tried the e-cigs and didn't like them but found this

It lets me adjust the voltage and wattage to where it doesn't burn and the entire feel is better plus you can plug it has a USB plug that I use when my phone is running low(its cool but I don't really use it that way) Anyway the e-juice I use is made with vegetable glycerin not glycol I like it better. Most E-juice is a mixture of the two.

The e-cigs you buy at the store are pretty lame IMO but the actual vaporizers you can build work so much better.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

My daughter and I were just discussing this, and I go to the home page and see your thread just now.
Hummmmm................... (scratches head).

So, water vapor is being outlawed? I am making myself smile right now to avoid going into a complete melt down!

It is not enough for the government to make people go outside to smoke real cigaretts, which I can see reasoning in that, but they could at least provide smokers with a warm/cool place to go. Smokers are human too.

Now that people are choosing the e-cig, the government sees yet something else they want to control that they have no business sticking their nose in!!

E-cigs don't have any odor, no dangerous chemicals being expelled into the air for others to breath, nothing harmful to the public at all. They just don't like it because it "looks" like a person is smoking. And we all know that smokers are going to hell!!!! We can't have any imitations running around out there looking like they're doing it, but don't get sent to hell!

I'm so pissed, I don't even know what I'm saying. sigh...

I read where a doctor once said that smoking no more than 10 real cigarettes is no worse than breathing the air these days. So, why doesn't the government put more focus on cleaning the air, and leave us alone?!!!

If they're going to ban e-cigs, then they need to ban the air we breath!

Where is my gas mask, anyway? (walks off searching)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I don't know. I don't care for e-cigs. They don't taste right and they burn my throat. They also use glycol as the liquid to suspend the nicotine in.

I used to spray glycol on sidewalks to de-ice them.

Now, the MSDS sheet for the glycol said it was pretty much harmless, but if I'm spraying it to melt ice and it has an MSDS...I'm not so sure I want to be inhaling it. Who knows what long-term exposure to glycol will cause iin the future...

Who knows, maybe it's a different form of glycol. The only time I use an e-cig is in rental cars and long road trips.

Propyne Glycol comes in industrial & food grade.

Propylene glycol is considered generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration

en.wikipedia.org...

I've noticed how hysterical community leaders have become about Ecigs. I wonder how many of them have investments in big pharma? It's too bad they don't go after meth, heroine, coc aine etc. with such fervor.

I for one could never go back to the stinkys. My sense of smell & taste have returned, & I love my Provari with some green apple juice!

Oh BTW, I never vape where smoking is not allowed or appropriate.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

ManOfHart
Hmm, a puff of a highly addictive stimulant being exhaled into the atmosphere where other people could breath in such air. I think they got a little point there.

But where I draw the line, is when they start strip searching people for nicotine-patch trans-dermal system inspection.
When we can not have our patches then that is where it is going to get real.

All the nicotine in a e-cig is absorbed into the body - the only thing being breathed out is the natural gases associated with breathing - namely, Oxygen, CO2, Nitrogen and water vapour - the same stuff that people breath out ALL THE TIME.

Your ignorance of the matter is symptomatic of the larger problems with society - people don't bother to educate themselves and just knee-jerk their way through life.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's not just Oklahoma, by the way..

The EU is considering banning ALL e-cigs because it "normalises smoking".... That's entirely missing the point that it is a valid alternative to the harmful (and normal) practice of actual smoking

Honestly, I despair at the idiocy of people sometimes. All the more reason for the UK to get out of the EU - passing laws at a whim without the democratic consent (or even consultation) of the population.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think this will be the trend. So goes cigarettes, so goes the e-smokes especially as it relates to public buildings and schools. I don't see a problem with this and I don't think you should either. You'll still be able to e-smoke up anywhere you can smoke which is almost basically anywhere. You'll be fine. I don't think this is a slippery slope thing, like the soda laws in New York, etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

By demonising (or outright banning) e-cigs, they'll only end up forcing people back to Tobacco - which is probably what they want as an estimated 15% of the UK smoking population have switched from tobacco to e-cigs, at great loss to the exchequer (Smoking brings in around £10 Billion to the Treasury every year in the UK in taxation). THe wierd dichotomy is that the EU is also bringing in harsher laws on Tobacco products as well, so their attacking them from both sides..

What do they want? Is it for us to give up and be healthy, because if it is banning a totally harmless replacement is counter-productive, but then if people go back to Tobacco, they might get their tax revenue but healthcare costs skyrocket.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

stumason
reply to post by amazing

By demonising (or outright banning) e-cigs, they'll only end up forcing people back to Tobacco - which is probably what they want as an estimated 15% of the UK smoking population have switched from tobacco to e-cigs, at great loss to the exchequer (Smoking brings in around £10 Billion to the Treasury every year in the UK in taxation). THe wierd dichotomy is that the EU is also bringing in harsher laws on Tobacco products as well, so their attacking them from both sides..

What do they want? Is it for us to give up and be healthy, because if it is banning a totally harmless replacement is counter-productive, but then if people go back to Tobacco, they might get their tax revenue but healthcare costs skyrocket.

I don't see it as outright demonizing though. People do enjoy e-cigs. I have friends, coworkers that do, but they enjoy them that same places and in the same ways that regular smokers do their thing. Even with these bans, I see e-cigs growing and taking over the market share, more and more. I think it's wise to put them in the same category as tobacco products for now. You can't have students in schools smoking them in the hallway, for one example. can you? Is it offensive to see someone toking on an e-cig in their office cube at work? That's the debate.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Pushing them out of buildings is one thing - I am not overly bothered by that because as a smoker it is part of my routine and a social event anyway, going for a smoke - but the EU are looking at an outright ban on them, which is scarier.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm sure this had nothing to do with public health concerns but with governments losing revenue due to cigarette sale taxes.

So sad.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

stumason
reply to post by amazing

Pushing them out of buildings is one thing - I am not overly bothered by that because as a smoker it is part of my routine and a social event anyway, going for a smoke - but the EU are looking at an outright ban on them, which is scarier.

I agree with you on that point, and outright ban seems like there are other issues involved.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroomMSDS,

They changed the nomenclature too, SDS;safty data sheet, everything is on the SDS.
M.Failing voted for TARP, she wanted TARP increased(fyi)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I admit I didn't read all the posts but did read in the news the other day that the 'spent' e-cigarettes were causing flat tires when they flick them out their windows!
When a 'smoker' gives me a flat tire I might start losing my temper!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

pointr97

ManOfHart
Hmm, a puff of a highly addictive stimulant being exhaled into the atmosphere where other people could breath in such air. I think they got a little point there.

But where I draw the line, is when they start strip searching people for nicotine-patch trans-dermal system inspection.

nicotine, no more addictive than caffeine or as dangerous. The media and corporate powers want you to think it is, but the danger is all the additive crap they put in it.

Namely, because this product has a devastating impact on big tobaccos profit margins.....same thing they did to pot.
edit on 23-12-2013 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

Which is why lorillard bought blu.

and it's funny that the poster would say something about the vapor being harmful...the mist you exhale is 99.5% water vapor, and 0.5% nicotine, and whatever agent is used to thicken the vapor, be it propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, or a mix of both.....

yeah, so much for the fallacy of a "contact addiction" from vapor....

christ, i hate stupid laws..
edit on 25-12-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Metallicus

Why should I have to inhale anyone else's air pollution even if it is just 'vapor'?

I like this law.

Every time you exhale you emit vapors, viruses, bacteria, and various other particles. I propose to ban people breathing so as to avoid such contamination.

I also propose banning cars, as their pollution is well known and extremely dangerous.

If you have a right to control the air you breathe, so do I, and you are no longer allowed to drive, breathe, etc etc. Have fun (until you run out of air)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

ManOfHart

Nicotine by itself isn't nearly as addictive as you believe. Tobacco contains MANY other alkaloids, some similar to MAIOs (antidepressants) which work in synergy to strongly increase the addictive qualities.

All nicotine is also not created equal. Tobacco cigarettes also contain freebase nicotine. Smoking freebase nicotine is incredibly more addictive than the type of nicotine in e-cigs, in the same way people who are "baseheads" are far more addicted to that form of the illegal drug than other forms.

Additionally, exhaled vapor contains very very little nicotine, if any. Many foods contain traces of nicotine too, does anyone care about that?

Nobody, ever, is going to get addicted, or even effected by the exhaled vapor from an ecig. You're fabricating reasons to be against this.

edit on 25-12-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join