It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Religion is so AWESOME tell me WHY?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Makes sense it does...

He tricked Adam & Eve with what? A LIE...

End result: deception.

Religion is the same thing...

Lies that lead to deception.

The father of ALL lies is hiding behind a facade of religion.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by vethumanbeing

The more I read of your posts, vet, (this one and the following one prompted me to chime in here) the more I find sense and connected dots.
I'm with ya.FWIW,~wild

I am glad you think so Wild; for me its always about the connecting of the dots of 'information?' "enlightenment?" or befuddling myself in thinking there is a POSITIVE pattern occuring here. Making some sense out of this paradigm--no leaders (despots yes), no true observable telepathy to the 'god sourse' exsistant. I rather liken my self to being "LAB RAT Number 3" (can I change my name?) trying to figure out the maze.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
AfterInfinity
ladybug121
reply to post by AfterInfinity

ladybug121
According to Jains all living things have a soul. The life you live now determines the life you will live in your next lifetime. The soul is always reborn, but when you learn to devoid of all Karmas and desires then your soul becomes God and you are no longer reborn. At this state the fully developed consciousness of a person acquires complete knowledge and becomes blithesome and supreme. Jains do not believe in God as a creator or nurturer. To them a God who is considered a creator or nurturer would be endowed with desires, and such an entity cannot attain complete perfection. To them there is four states of consciousness- human, superhuman, subhuman (animals), and hellish. They also believe all matter in the universe has always been here, everything continues to change form. I'm not saying I 100% agree with the religion. I wanted to share what I learned from reading the religion.

To what degree has 'god' acquired any consciousness at all? other than through its own creations reporting back with a book report of experiences under their arms. All matter in the universe has as you say always been there, it continues to change form because its in a constant state of flux/change, what is causing this? A god aspect; what is really happening is that the system (plasma) is always in a state of reorganizing itself. Why? for the most profitable outcome (growth) of the finer detailing of subsets within subsets of promoting a more conscious existance.

AfterInfinity
Perfection in itself is a desire. One cannot be perfect until they no longer desire perfection. As long as you wish to attain perfection, you will be forever imperfect. Perfection is merely a shade of greed, of malcontent and dissatisfaction. Right up there with immortality and omniscience. Perfection is a terrible thing to want.

Replace the word perfection for another (ANY) because once acheived everything collapses (the system becomes a perfect model), and by becoming so is static/stagnent hits the inth of what entropy is and not growing anymore. You may be speaking of the individual humans perception of a perfect model, YOU, ME THEM selfishly endevouring to become a better person COMPARED TO WHAT? No such thing other than that one existing in scripture; the fully 9D human Jesus (so I am told).
edit on 24-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Murgatroid
reply to post by arpgme

Makes sense it does...
He tricked Adam & Eve with what? A LIE...
End result: deception.
Religion is the same thing...
Lies that lead to deception.
The father of ALL lies is hiding behind a facade of religion.

What if God is not behind any of the Demi-God (subsets; self perpetuating egoists they are) AT ALL. IT just allows for things to happen, good/possitive-bad/negative resulting in OUTCOMES. IT just observes the result of actions upon other actions. I would call 'God' a copacetic creature (has no real identity or singular individual consciousness). Not sure why religion had to rear its ugly head into becoming SOLID but it did manifest itself into being by way of ritual prayer and thoughtforms of POWER CORRUPTION AND LIES, will rule out all others, because they are of the meek/ignorant and have no strength. However, what could be percieved as wickedness is necessary because causal tension force will result in change whether anyone likes it or not. Black hats vs White hats (need to balance) or just keep on duking it out. No foul.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thank you Afterinfinity.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join