It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracker Barrel Pulls About Face on ‘Duck Dynasty’ Merchandise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
America has gone bonkers.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

No it hasn't , that which is prevalent in MSN is prevalent in American mindsets. Fortunately or unfortunately. It is a sign of the the Times.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

Oh it has gone bonkers alright, in more ways than one.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think that the public is thinking entirely too much about this DD junk.

All celebrities are persons with their own beliefs and experiences.

It's retarded how much they're making out of all this.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

ldyserenity
I think that the public is thinking entirely too much about this DD junk.

All celebrities are persons with their own beliefs and experiences.

It's retarded how much they're making out of all this.

IMHO, they ought to have disavowed Phil's position and gone on, with some pointy requests to check it up in public. BUT, it also seems likely that they let this happen so they could get him over a barrel, but it didn't quite work. Now they're getting a reaction they didn't expect. I am real glad I'm not their PR department and/or whoever came up with this idea. If it's not an accident, which I really doubt.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Too bad all this American buying isn't help out more Americans with jobs.

edit on 12/22/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/22/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

Agreed

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I see it as not so much the gay community making the fuss, as the duckies who just can not let go of the "hurr how dare day cancel phil hurrrr" sentiment at every available opportunity.

I had no idea what DD was. I have no idea what CB is.

I sure am learning a lot of useless info this December.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
OP, the story is not getting old and there is a thrill every time someone conquers a conquest! It is the thrill of freedom, the thrill of escape, the thrill of evading the evil overlords....all the enemies, be they our own government, other governments, other entities.....whatever. There is excitement in overcoming ones enemies.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

twohawks

Stormdancer777

No it hasn't , that which is prevalent in MSN is prevalent in American mindsets. Fortunately or unfortunately. It is a sign of the the Times.

Yes, it has. It has betrayed it's constitution, it's values, it's morals, it's citizens and it's common sense. What else is there to lose?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Personally I just enjoy seeing the PC police getting hit by a backlash.

I respect gay people as fellow human beings, but I don't like being told I have to find their behavior acceptable one bit. Much like religion, everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I don't have to accept every religion as my faith and I don't have to accept every sexual behavior as something I support.

Basically, don't tell me what to do and I won't tell you.

edit on 2013/12/22 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Phil is really the only one I ever found funny on the show. I will never watch it without him. Not even trying to boycott it it would simply be boring without him. They are shooting themselves in the foot by getting rid of him. Not to mention its just another direct attack on freedom of speech. Its not like he stripped for Playgirl or went out on the street corner. Corporations and schools more and more are trying to control everything you do off premises. Even Facebook posts have gotten people in serious trouble. Fired or expelled. Its just going to far. I would like to see more Phil I don't care what channel hes on Id watch him on Lifetime if I had to.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Now that's the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Cracker Barrel quickly realized that they had backed the wrong group and by backing GLAAD and removing DD merchandise got slammed. Under Armor is also staying with Phil which is a major retail outlet. This has put A&E and GLAAD both into a predicament that will not end well for them. A&E cannot back down or will appear weak and would suffer a GLAAD and LGBT smear campaign and by sticking to their position will have shoot the golden duck.

Phil and family are worth around $400 million according to Forbes so they do not need A&E but A&E needs them. The losers in this fiasco are both A&E and GLAAD. I have no doubt that both A&E and GLAAD have come to realize they have cooked the golden goose and that they were the goose that got cooked.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

This issue really needed to be brought out into the light. The majority of Americans are Christian or of a faith where homosexuality is against the rules. I would also say the majority of those who are not religious also feel homosexuality is wrong. That leaves less than probably 15-20% who don't feel that it is wrong on some level. What this whole thing will result in is a change in the attitude of political correctness relative to homosexuality. It will start being ok to condemn it in an open manner as most people will likely agree with that opinion when it is no longer politically incorrect to do so. Don't pick your nose and eat it or you will soon find yourself dining alone.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

But you DO live in a country where you can be criminally liable for insulting someone. We don't want our country to get to that point. Thus, we are throwing a fit.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I just don't understand how people get so worked up over a TV show. I was a bit upset when Farscape ended but honestly it wasn't that big of a deal.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I guess that is why i wont be moving to a country that wants to belittle and insult people with impunity.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I am glad to see that a company can admit that they think they may have made a mistake and aren't afraid to change it.

If A&E had any guts, they too would admit that they made a mistake.

Of course they realize that now...

MSM's hidden agenda and commitment to being politically correct is FAR more important to them than the viewers.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

This is very true. Anytime PC gets to the point that a person cannot state their opinion based on their faith or even moral convictions, PC needs to be put in check. Actually it is not just in the US that this type of behavior is considered deviant by the majority of the population despite GLAAD, LGBT and the government trying to say otherwise. It may be allowed and tolerated to an extent but trying to force people to accept a lifestyle that they do not agree with can have major backlash.

Millions of people have become quite vocal regarding this issue and speaking out against GLAAD and A&E. Thus they should both be learning a lesson regarding what the people really think.

Even where I live this type of behavior is unacceptable and is not tolerated. They don't put them in jail or other things but then again there is no GLAAD or LGBT pushing their agenda's either as it is considered an attack on family and moral issues.

At least Cracker Barrel was big enough to listen to its customers and jump off the PC wagon. People should be able to say what they feel is right or wrong without fearing some group that has an agenda attacking them. Whither A&E, GLAAD, LGBT or anyone else agrees or disagrees with Phil is immaterial, he has a right to his beliefs and opinions and can state them. Whereas everyone else has the right to agree or disagree without fear of being attacked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join