It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians massacred in Sadad, Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Massacre of Christians in church by" Free-Syrian Army". Caution---Links are very graphic. This occurred in October, but no mention in the Western press.

voiceofthepersecuted.wordpress.com...

One of the worst Christian massacres—complete with mass graves, tortured-to-death women and children, and destroyed churches—recently took place in Syria, at the hands of the U.S.-supported jihadi “rebels”; and the U.S. government and its “mainstream media” mouthpiece are, as usual, silent (that is, when not actively trying to minimize matters).

The massacre took place in Sadad, an ancient Syriac Orthodox Christian habitation, so old as to be mentioned in the Old Testament. Most of the region’s inhabitants are poor, as Sadad is situated in the remote desert between Homs and Damascus (desert regions, till now, apparently the only places Syria’s Christians could feel secure; 600 Christian families had earlier fled there for sanctuary from the jihad, only to be followed by it).

The war profiteers have controlled the US/Western Media for a century.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
ATTENTION !!! MUSLIMS MASSACRED!!! DAILY SINCE 2001
Smh....

edit on 031909311231129st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 032909311232129st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 033909311233129st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
ATTENTION !!! MUSLIMS MASSACRED!!! DAILY SINCE 2001
Smh....

edit on 031909311231129st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 032909311232129st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 033909311233129st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

Yup, and those killings also arranged by the very same folks who control the press.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Why is there a need to label these people? Who cares what religion they were a part of? They were killed all the same. It's sad that it happened, but it just seems like the headline is only there to stir up hate.

ETA: Never mind, I visited the link and it leads to a pro-Christian website. Christians are persecuted!? Wow, well let me finally welcome them to the real world, where all kinds of people from different religions are persecuted every day.
edit on 36012323CST363 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
No thanks to these guys :
(reminiscent of "Fast and Furious")
convicted of trying to sell $25 million worth of weapons

who would benefit in dividing/conquering then blaming
Muslims ?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You know what - if this was a thread saying Muslims murdered for their beliefs I wouldn't say a thing about them being Muslim yet all I hear in responses are "well - there are other religions that go through this too". It takes the point of these people being murdered for their beliefs and turns it into a religious argument. A distraction.

I looked at the pictures and they are indeed gruesome. A small baby? Real brave man to kill the baby too huh? And to dismember and disembowel that man - is this what their faith tells them to do? Or do they hate these people for a different reason. No matter who one sees their God as (if at all), I'm sure their God would does approve. Most people who do not believe - wouldn't dream of doing this. Those who do - wouldn't dream of doing this (live and let live). So who the culprits are is where the issue lies - evil extremists who clearly enjoy torturing others and justifying it in the name of religion.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
As dianec has pointed out, many of the posts so far have been attempts at distraction, intentional or not. Consider phrasing it this way:

"Middle-East Muslims appear to have no difficulty with killing their neighbors who happen to be Christian. As they have no scruples against killing Christians that they know and live with, there is no reason to believe they will spare Christians outside of their countries. This, in fact, is happening as armed Islamic groups move into African countries. The attacks on Christians are spreading into Europe. Most of the terrorist caused deaths in the world are caused by Islamic terrorists. We have, so far, refused to seriously address this problem."

Shall we start a discussion of that?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

It is worth pointing out that while you said it was the FSA, the article you linked said it was Jihadi Rebels.

Which is it? Big difference and the it is the reason why the West has been caught between a rock and a hard place with the rebels.

Painting them all as a homogeneous, single group is misleading and totally incorrect on your part. There are at least a dozen different rebel groups, all with their own commands and ideology's.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Tusks

It is worth pointing out that while you said it was the FSA, the article you linked said it was Jihadi Rebels.

Which is it? Big difference and the it is the reason why the West has been caught between a rock and a hard place with the rebels.

Painting them all as a homogeneous, single group is misleading and totally incorrect on your part. There are at least a dozen different rebel groups, all with their own commands and ideology's.

The linked video says it's from FSA. But how would we know for sure?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

The article itself mentions Jihadi's, not the FSA and also references an attack on the town of Sadad, which was recently overrun by Islamist rebels loyal to ISIS, that is how we know it wasn't the FSA, but actually the hardcore Jihadists.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Tusks

The article itself mentions Jihadi's, not the FSA and also references an attack on the town of Sadad, which was recently overrun by Islamist rebels loyal to ISIS, that is how we know it wasn't the FSA, but actually the hardcore Jihadists.

Certainly there are numerous anti-Assad rebel groups. Seems most of the groups are getting aid from US and Saudis. If you are certain that this particular massacre of Christians was not linked to FSA, are you convinced that FSA never murders Christians based solely on religious faith?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Quite why you are focussing on the FSA I don't know - it is marginalised within the Syrian opposition and is actually quite small when compared to ISIS and Al Nusra. I don't believe for one minute FSA fighters would have done this because they have Christians and Alawites as well as Shia/Sunni fighters.

The FSA is made up largely of pro-democracy activists who started the protests along with military defectors and is a stated secular organisation which seeks to preserve the Syrian multi-cultural nation, whereas ISIS and Al Nusra are out to install a Sunni Caliphate to the detriment of all others, including the Shia/Alawite minorities, not to mention other faiths.

You seem to be quite blissfully ignorant of the dynamics of this conflict, in fact you seem to be massively over-simplifying it. The US (and the West) is not supporting Al-Nusra or ISIS or any other Jihadi group - they are supporting the FSA but have suspended that aid because the FSA recently lost a town with a large supply of equipment from the West falling into ISIS hands (yes, ISIS/Al Nusra are fighting the FSA as much as the Syrian Government)..

I would imagine, although this isn't confirmed, Saudi money is probably supporting the Sunni Jihadi's, like they always do. It would serve them well to break up the Shia alliance between Syria and Iran/Hezbollah as it achieves their geo-political aims in the region of isolating Tehran.

Al Nusra and ISIS have been documented killing Shia and non-practising Sunni's, however, so I don't doubt for a minute they would think twice about killing Christians too. They are your culprit, not the FSA which generally operates in the North and West of the country - Sadad is to the south and it is the operating area of ISIS, which uses the porous border with Iraq to smuggle in weapons and troops.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Thank you for the information. Your information is more informative than the nightly news in the US. I now believe I was in error in ascribing this particular atrocity to the FSA. Anti-Assad Jihadists would have been more appropriate descriptor. And the video links were primarily Russian and may have been politically motivated to mis-describe the perpetrators.
In my defense, the video translation has the perps claiming to be FSA.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

ETA: Never mind, I visited the link and it leads to a pro-Christian website. Christians are persecuted!? Wow, well let me finally welcome them to the real world, where all kinds of people from different religions are persecuted every day.

At least if they're being murdered they aren't out killing millions.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

No worries - the Syrian conflict is, to coin a phrase, a total cluster fudge. There is no simple answer and the longer it goes on, the worse it's going to get. You can see why the West has got into a bind over it and there are larger geo-political games afoot, hence why the Russian source is probably keen to paint ALL the rebels as monsters, which is just wrong.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Its being done by the Brotherhood jackyls. And its horrendous. They've taken Christian towns and murdered, tortured, dismembered children, as we speak. And Obama was funding this. The west seems to fund this.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
When people are killed because of their religion or race it's genocide.
Our administration and media don't want to touch this tragedy because we caused it by arming (along with the Saudis) and supporting the FSA.
"Evil" Assad must be stopped at all costs right, these poor people are just collateral damage?
If we can't support the side of "right" we'd best use our resources and power to try to end fighting instead of encouraging it.
Shame on the State Department, Hillary, McCain and Obama.
Shame on the Oil companies and corporations that encourage them.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

charles1952
As dianec has pointed out, many of the posts so far have been attempts at distraction, intentional or not. Consider phrasing it this way:

"Middle-East Muslims appear to have no difficulty with killing their neighbors who happen to be Christian. As they have no scruples against killing Christians that they know and live with, there is no reason to believe they will spare Christians outside of their countries. This, in fact, is happening as armed Islamic groups move into African countries. The attacks on Christians are spreading into Europe. Most of the terrorist caused deaths in the world are caused by Islamic terrorists. We have, so far, refused to seriously address this problem."

Shall we start a discussion of that?

What I'm getting at its it is all generalized. Middle East Muslims are for the most part peaceful people. There are those who engage in torture and murder and in my eyes they have the taste for blood first and a label second. If you can kill it doesn't matter what you use to justify it.

They get what they want when we generalize - making the entire religion look as they want it to look (how they interpret it). Sad thing is is most of these people wouldn't likely pass as mentally ill. It's a group mentality so responsibility is diluted - making it "easier" and each person less personally culpable (in their eyes). So...it's justified through a group process and through religion. If we buy into this we reinforce it.

A good headline (that the media will never get together on) would be "deeply religious Muslim group goes on torture/murder spree of innocent adults and children for no apparent reason". Follow that in an article that says "a senseless bloodbath ....." - bet they wouldn't like that as much. They would respond in fact to let the world know "why". What would be better is to mess with them by having headlines read "kills another group of Muslims". Psychological warfare from the media but again - it will never happen.

I get where people are taking it (it is in the name of religion) but take it to its core and it is really just murder and a taste for that. If we're going to go Christian/Muslim we should at least not generalize so much. It is a tiny fraction of people who have stolen these titles who also murder - sets off a bad taste for all.

new topics

top topics

join