It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

beezzer film review The Wolverine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Out now on DVD.

This has to be one of the best "super hero" films that I have ever seen.

If you want to get into the discord right off the bat, it had trouble with motive. It had it's ups and downs.

But only if you are a purist.

For those that wish to spend 2 hours being entertained, then I would highly recommend this film.

The first 30 minutes is all plot development, the next 90 minutes is all action and well worth the cost.

I don't recommend many films, but for those that are spending the holidays alone or away from loved ones, this is time worth spent.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I found it kinda boring to be honest…

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hi there Beezzer,
I agree with you 100%

It is one of Hugh Jackman's best action movies!

I really loved it. The story line is interesting, great action scenes, and Hugh Jackman. Need I say more?

It's really a great movie.

Ps: Thanks Beezzer for posting your cat photos on my thread, you made me chuckle. )
edit on 21/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given

edit on 21/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Really?

I found it to be one of the better films in the genre.

There as more emotion, more back story, more depth to this than many others.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Awesome flick, eh?

The bride and child are watching it now.

Your thread about the trees was brilliant!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by boncho

Really?

I found it to be one of the better films in the genre.

There as more emotion, more back story, more depth to this than many others.

Oh, you're talking about the Hugh Jackman flick, yeah I rather enjoyed that in the theatres. I thought you were speaking about the BBC documentary on overgrown weasel with fangs and claws…

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks.

To be honest the first Wolverine movie didn't win me over that much. (I didn't like my homeboy Ryan Reynolds being the bad guy.) But this one was amazing.

I especially liked how the movie plays in Japan, makes it more exotic in my opinion.

And again, Hugh Jackman.... Now I'm happily married, but even my husband knows that Hugh Jackman is on my Top 5 list of celebrities I'd " have coffee with" aka Friends-Ross style.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

LOL

My bride is more of a Vin Diesel fan.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
As far as franchises go, Wolverine disappointed me less than the new Riddick movie.

The latest Riddick movie, I was sorely disappointed with.
The 1st two movies were all about challenges and loss. This third, eh, Riddick loses his dog. boo hoo.
This third, eh, there're no real surprises for the character as the character has it all planned out.
meh.
This last Riddick was disappointing.

The new Thor, now, Thor is always yummy.

Former Doctor Who Christopher Eccleston did a fine job as the evil Elf guy.
Hannibal Lecter reprised his role as Odin and did a wonderful job.
The guy we all love to see playing Loki returns and plays a wonderful Loki.
Princess Padmé Amidala darling'd her way through yet another film in another fantasy dream role with all the girls wanting to be her, and all the boys wanting to be with her.
Thor, well, Thor was Thor.

I'm on pins and prickles about the next in the superhero series.
I'm also interested to see what's next in the Ironman franchise, or if they're putting that to bed.

rawr. I'm nerding out.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I have yet to see the latest Iron Man flick.

Be prepared for a beez critique!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

boncho
I thought you were speaking about the BBC documentary on overgrown weasel with fangs and claws…

Hey, don't get personal man.

It's on my list to watch.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh, don't even get me started on Iron man 3 ( Robert Downey Jr. #3 on my list)

The story line again is much more interesting than the previous ones, and plus we get to see a deeper, more sensitive side of Tony Stark. He is really fighting for survival in this movie. I loved this movie as well. So far have watched it twice. And I'm actually more of a romantic comedies movie goer, but these movies were really good.

Ps: I can hardly wait for Avengers 2 in 2015 I think. Thor and Iron man in one movie? Come on, it's like Christmas in summer.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
... my post was a bit off topic, so I decided to remove it.
edit on 21-12-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I really enjoyed Rila Fukushima as Yukio, Logan's bodygurad.
She was wonderful, and I'd love to see her continue the role, though I think she'd have made a fantastic X23, though the X23 character hasn't been introduced into the film franchise (yet) and may or may not ever.

I'm quite curious how the X-Men progresses, especially in consideration of Xavier supposedly dying in previous big to-do where Wolverine had to kill Jean (Phoenix).

Old Gandalf and Picard, however seem to be buddy buddy all over the place on facebook in posing for pictures together for Thanksgiving, Xmas, and seeming every chance opportunity. It's like they're dating and always together or something, and they're absolutely fantastic whatever is going on.
At the very least they must be working together closely on something and rather enjoy company as much as they're running about together.

edit on 12/21/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

To stay on post I agree with you, Wolverine just gets better.

I also watched The Lone ranger which is terrible but even worse was the fact that the bad guy was a cannibal that eat the hearts of people he killed .
Point being this is a Disney film rated PG 13.

Maybe you can help me with what I am missing, this really bothers me, how is it cannibalism is appropriate for children and only ratted PG 13, what has Disney become ?

Thanks ahead of time for your help if you so choose.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I enjoyed it, I just didn't understand why it had to be this story? A Japanese WW2 solider has his life saved by our main man only to later in life sacrifice his family to get Wolverines powers. I mean, with all the comic books written and the plethora of stories Hollywood comes up with this?

Definitely not the best super hero movie imo, that goes to Batman: The Dark Knight.

edit on 21-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have to disagree.
I think Watchmen was a far superior movie.
The Wolverine only put me to sleep.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

CSB: RD Jr. is one person just about anyone would enjoy meeting IRL. My kids 'bumped' into him on-base during the premier of IM1 (celebs don't need bodyguards on military installations). They described him as smart, witty, and downright cool. No scripted talk and genuinely interested in meeting new people. Their endorsement was all I'll ever need.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Im confused...about a year ago I watched X-Men Origins, the first one being The Wolverine starring Hugh. And I know Blockbuster the last year had it for rent. So what is this one? Re-edited? Re-released? What?

*It was released previously in 2009 and in the stores.

This below from Wikipedia..."X- Men Origins: Wolverine is a 2009 superhero film distributed by 20th Century Fox, based on the Marvel Comics' fictional character Wolverine."

Nevermind!!!
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
Im confused...about a year ago I watched X-Men Origins, the first one being The Wolverine starring Hugh. And I know Blockbuster the last year had it for rent. So what is this one? Re-edited? Re-released? What?

*It was released previously in 2009 and in the stores.

This below from Wikipedia..."X- Men Origins: Wolverine is a 2009 superhero film distributed by 20th Century Fox, based on the Marvel Comics' fictional character Wolverine."

Nevermind!!!
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

No.
This one is based off of a Miller solo mini-series.
Frank Miller had just resurrected the Daredevil series so he took an asian stab (no pun intended) at Wolverine.
One of their better selling mini-series.
Frank just had The Touch back then.
The problem is Hollyweird execs got their hands on it...and that's all she wrote in my books.
I agree with you...Origins was terrible...but IMO Last Stand wasn't much better and First Class put me to sleep.
The next one might sucker me in with the Sentinels but I dunno...

-Peace-

top topics

<<   2 >>

join