It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Busted For Facebook School Shooting Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Another great example of stupidity strikes the Web. When I first saw the picture of the lady busted all I could think of was Honey Boo Boo made a Boo boo.

DECEMBER 17--In response to the reported bullying of her teenage son by classmates, an Iowa woman allegedly posted a Facebook message suggesting that the boy would “shoot up” his high school and “only get the ones that caused this. He is an excellent marks men.”

Police allege that Teri Pallat, 39, acknowledged that she posted the troubling message yesterday afternoon, but then subsequently deleted it. “She admitted that her intent was to ‘get peoples’ attention,’” according to a criminal complaint sworn by a Council Bluffs Police Department officer.

Link to Story

Watching all these people busted on Facebook Stories is astounding. What part of "you're gonna get busted" are people missing.

edit on 17-12-2013 by Mamatus because: added content.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

That's all that Facebook for a lot of people is used for.. getting attention. Well, she got it.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow

Parent of the year right there.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
WTH ever happened to people's "inside voice"? Have we really forgotten that not every thought that crosses our minds needs to be said "out loud/online"?

No self control at all... maybe this will help her remember that life lesson.

edit on 12/17/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

With a mugshot like that?

I can only imagine what kind of behavior her children espouse being raised by somebody who is willing to post such things online in today's climate.

Not that any kid deserves any kind of bullying don't get me wrong, but sometimes people's kids are just crappy.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
She should have done her talking at the school with the teachers instead of Facebook, even though a discussion at school may not have helped either.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Mamatus
Another great example of stupidity strikes the Web. When I first saw the picture of the lady busted all I could think of was Honey Boo Boo made a Boo boo.

I did do a Bbbbbbbbb WTH?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's amazing how many full grown adults who should absolutely know better, imagine the internet like a firewalled fantasy world that nothing "really" counts in.

I wonder if she realized the full error of that thinking before or after the Police came right to her in the real world?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

The cops should be arresting the bullies not her. Bullying in unacceptable and if authorities are unwilling to do anything to stop it then victum/s are entitled to defend themselves are they not???

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

in the "old days" if you were bullied, Dad taught you to fight. Then along came Zero Tolerance, permissive parents and attorneys. Those that fight back against a bully are often charged with a crime these days.

Given the way the law treats school kid issues (playground fights) it is no wonder kids are growing up feeling bullied.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'd be willing to be that she still doesn't see the full error of her thinking. She will be one of those who always feels like she was wronged somehow even though she brought it on herself. She didn't look like she had "gotten it" in her mug shot.
She looks ticked off that they had the gall to come after her.
edit on 12/17/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Setting aside the sheer stupidity of her making that post, I don't suppose it occurred to her in the heat of the moment that her son might really get his butt whipped if word of that posting got back to the other kids in his school.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
reply to post by Mamatus

The cops should be arresting the bullies not her. Bullying in unacceptable and if authorities are unwilling to do anything to stop it then victum/s are entitled to defend themselves are they not???

Defending yourself against attack whether bullying verbally or physically is different than, bringing a gun to school and shooting up the place, even when it's directed at only a few.

I agree that they antagonists should be dealt with, as in American society they tend to get off the proverbial "hook" more often than not.

Bullying unless physical is only words. That child and parent gave those words "power" there is flawed logic in there somewhere.

That parent was iresponsible and made a direct threat to childrens lives. This doesn't shed a good light on responsible gun owners as well. This only show's the iresponsible nature of a select few that give the foundation for most allegations on Merica.

Want to snuff out a bully, knock his arse out cold! And then his constituants!!! Take the suspension or not if your parent is word savvy and can present a clear and cut case for bullying and that the child acted out of self defense because he she felt threatened in the said establishment of education.

There is no reason for her to have acted this way.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

You're probably right. Still, she'll have years to think about it.

Whatever the law does or doesn't do to her? She's now so widely distributed in pic and details, she'll have to hide in every real way online just to have peace or exist for a long time. I'm sure that'll be the gift that keeps on giving and keeps her from being forgetful about what caused it.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by AthlonSavage

in the "old days" if you were bullied, Dad taught you to fight. Then along came Zero Tolerance, permissive parents and attorneys. Those that fight back against a bully are often charged with a crime these days.

Given the way the law treats school kid issues (playground fights) it is no wonder kids are growing up feeling bullied.

America, Land of the 'Wussified'

Hell, she's scary enough alone without having to threaten any one verbally
Just post the pic

And what sheer stupidity of her to leave a threat like that on FB *shakes head*
Just plain ignorant

What a role model she is for her son.....[/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with some people.

link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with some people.

link   
WTH is a "marks men"?

I am definitely un-friending her immediately.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
She *IS* the internet.

Absolutely everything that is wrong with it. The idea that it's your personal venting room, where what you say is only as noticeable as your voice is loud. If you can't see it when the monitor is off, then it didn't happen.

I wun mah privucy!!!

I miss the old days when computers were for nerds and these sort of people were stuck on a front porch eating cheezles muttering about the nerds tying up their phones.

edit on 17-12-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
RIP Freedom of speech

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join