It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning revelation from man who sued NSA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminawty

Emails and texts from his deceased son doesnt really fit the bill of what you described.

Not sure who else has those capabilities other than the NSA.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I'm getting deja vu...

"If the president does it, it *can't* be illegal!"

The only difference between then and now is that there's no face for this tyranny. Fascism has finally been institutionalized. Hitler would be so proud of the U.S.A. of today. They've perfected his totalitarian tip-toe act it seems, and the populace appear indifferent or completely apathetic to the situation. Interesting times indeed.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Communistic Invasion of Privacy.

Just because the Soviet Union fell 20 years ago, doesn't mean the NSA can pick up where they left off.

It might be a matter of time, but heads will roll over this.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

Some things have to be kept in mind.
The NSA is an executive branch agency. They work for the President. They do what they do for the executive. Since this stuff happens it happens with the consent of the executive.

The only agency to have the authority to go in to NSA hq and arrest the actors of this is the FBI.
The FBI works for the executive branch. The fox watching the hen house as it were.

As far as I can tell,the ONLY recourse is for congress to de fund the NSA. That I just do not see happening.

Sadly we are stuck with big brother.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I don't know the particulars behind the case, or if any of this sms sending story is factual and backed up with evidence.

Only one possibility I can think of, is if your out of reception and you type a message and press send, it might then save to your outbox waiting until you get into range!
Could the phone have been flat or in storage until it hit a network zone and sent the message?
Like I said but, is there proof either way?

I think everyone knows, that telephone calls, dates, locations, durations as well as texts, Facebook messages, Hotmail and Gmail accounts, instagram twitter yadda yadda.... are easily traced, read and accessible at any time of the day, if required!

thing is, everyone agree's too it in your ''terms and conditions'' when you simply press YES!

If, after everything you know about social media and mobile phones doesn't force you to quit the online life, you have have no one to blame but yourself!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
All of this surveillance nonsense is unfortunately indicative of the system running wild and the levels of paranoia that follow. After the initial setup, the obvious follow up is always going to be, if there are a few bad guys out there that we know of, who else is there? So the surveillance is widened and more levels of secrecy are created as the surveillance expands into higher and higher levels of society and ultimately government. After all, you can't have people at the bottom levels knowing what those at the top know, so there has to be a hierarchy drawn up as the levels of information get ever more "sensitive".

Ultimately, as everyone becomes a target of surveillance, even at the very top levels of government, they'll even turn on each other as they then become even more paranoid as they realize that even being part of the surveillance system doesn't make them immune from it's reach, and all oversight is pointless as the levels of secrecy overtake the theoretical chain of command.

Of course, with the level of information gathering then possible, there comes with it power, both political and financial and the opportunity for blackmail of high level officials and a lot of insider trading on the markets.

The whole system is a criminal enterprise on a massive scale and does nothing to protect the country and it's citizens from harm, but is geared to cover up misdeeds for later political and financial leverage and to smear or harass anyone who questions it. The ordinary citizens neither need it, benefit from it or ever get to see the information the surveillance gathers, but instead come to fear it as a means of control by the state. But isn't that the whole point of it? To keep us fearful of dissent against those that control it?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Has anyone watched 'Burn after reading' ? (the hollywood movie with Brad Pitt) as well as making me laugh, it also made me do a lot of thinking, the more I thought, the less I found to laugh about.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by smurfy

This is what is scary to me. Most people communicate via electronic communication. If they (TPTB) want to get someone out of the way, all they have to do is "generate" some electronic terrorist activity, and that is it. You get to go to prison for the rest of your natural life and it will not ever matter what you say, all they have to do is say "see here? this person sent these emails, it was authenticated as coming from the person in question!"

I understand, that's the kind of thing I've talked about in similar threads about this spying, they can hurt you just because they don't like your face, not because you have done something wrong, and there are thousands employed in this set-up between NSA/NCTC, and all the others under the NCTC umbrella. No doubt there is the ablity to steal proprietary secrets as well, officially or unofficially. The whole thing stinks.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Well to be a tad nit-picky, and I'm certainly no expert, but the nsa has been around for a long while ...def before 911. Early 60's? Wiki would know, heh.

In fact we had this same kerfuffle in the 80's with a program called echelon... now it's grown to prism... and that's just the stuff that's public.

In the 80's it was known that echelon recorded and scanned every electronic communication (phone-computer). People were pissed but it soon faded from the public awareness. Some disturbing stories surfaced but ... nothing came of it.

There are some bad people out there and with wmd, yeah, it's smart to watch them... I'd do it myself. This is different. This is bad, and even with the likelihood that it's only a few bad apples abusing their power it points toward a bad logical outcome where we all are suspects.

How do you pull the claws off a tiger when you don't even have pliers?
edit on 12/18/2013 by Baddogma because: s to d

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

This judge now has an"Electronic Microscope" point into every dark corner of his life. I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the "Daily Watch Briefing".

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
With all this going on, I wouldn't be half surprised if Obama becomes more notorious than Tricky Dick himself.

It's very rare for me to get on the political conspiracies, but since this is affecting all levels of our rotting society, I should start participating more in these threads so I know what to expect IRL.

The UFO/Alien forum can only do so much...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Baddogma
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Well to be a tad nit-picky, and I'm certainly no expert, but the nsa has been around for a long while ...def before 911. Early 60's? Wiki would know, heh.

In fact we had this same kerfuffle in the 80's with a program called echelon... now it's grown to prism... and that's just the stuff that's public.

In the 80's it was known that echelon recorded and scanned every electronic communication (phone-computer). People were pissed but it soon faded from the public awareness. Some disturbing stories surfaced but ... nothing came of it.

There are some bad people out there and with wmd, yeah, it's smart to watch them... I'd do it myself. This is different. This is bad, and even with the likelihood that it's only a few bad apples abusing their power it points toward a bad logical outcome where we all are suspects.

How do you pull the claws off a tiger when you don't even have pliers?
edit on 12/18/2013 by Baddogma because: s to d

Thank You for the Correction about the History of the TSA . After 9/11 their Power over American Citizens was Broadened by then President Bush to a point where they are Basically Immune to Any Laws that would Prohibit their desired Behavior concerning National Security issues today . Sad , isn't it ?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Yes, the abuse by the government is far worse than has been reported so far. All the spying that has been going on that was reported last summer is just the first part of the story and the tip of the ice berg. The second part that still needs to be told is all the abuse of power and crimes being perpetrated by the U.S. Government against innocent American citizens. The U.S. Government has established stalking groups all across the country that actively harasses innocent American citizens non stop daily who have done nothing wrong or committed any crimes. Americans are stalked by these groups relentlessly. The government tracks these people where ever they go and we all know by now that all phone and emails are monitored. These people are also monitored in their homes as well meaning the government can hear everything you say in real time and they always know where you are and what you are doing in your home. This information is used to harass you in real time to the things you are doing in your home. There are thousands of Americans reporting this is happening to them all across the country and the majority of it all started after 9/11 and the Patriot Act. The crime is called organized stalking and victims of this crime call themselves targets. I can attest this information is true because I have been a victim of this crime by our government for just under 8 years now nonstop.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SnappyGray

Truebrit is right on. How do you know it was 8 years? Are your electronics hijacked, they use rf micro technologies that they add to any electronic appliance for surveillance and auditory harassment. I have been stalked since 1995 and I know with certainty the name of the agent. Over the past year efforts have increased tremendously and now my life has fallen apart. I am at my wit's end. It truly is illegal and there's no way they can do what they do without a tremendous budget.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stalkedbynsa

I know it was 8 years because my harassment started in early 2006 or at least that's when I started to notice it. I am sure I was under surveillance much longer than that. I don't pretend to know what technologies they use other than they are able to manipulate my computer with their spyware and that they can manipulate the TV by making it pop loudly as part of their ongoing harassment against me.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

TPTB are smart..........Very Smart. They have finally figured out just how deep and rooted our apathy is. The only thing that could cause a mass uprising is if the flow of food or entertainment stopped.

This is the cold hard truth dear readers. All that will happen is people will belly ache over a new story for a few weeks and then move on to the next outrage. Rinse and repeat until we wake up when day and our collective chains will not let us get out of bed because they are so heavy.

Don't believe me just ask yourself how many stories have you see in the last year that are all but farts in the winds of apathy and denial. And then ask yourself is this planned. We are being desensitized in mass.

Brilliant plan PTB. Honestly
edit on 19-12-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
fully intend to stay there.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
spam deleted
edit on 20/12/13 by masqua because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join