It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to that earth shaking NASA info about the Mars Chemistry results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Remember back in July (or so) there was a frantic communication about some new finding by Curiositys first Chemical sample results. They indicated there was something unusual in the results and there would be a release of information on it soon. There was nothing released about it after that. It was reduced to a "standard" data release with nothing of the sensationalism of the original communication.
So what happened
Was it squelched by NASA?
Invalid results after further investigation?
If hidden what kind of results could cause the data to be discarded?

Just a few thoughts. I may have missed a release on this so be kind and let me know if I missed the real earth shaker.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by datasdream

The Earth shake could feel the scientific community. It meant a very important message to them as to draw further direction of research and expectations. To you and me and many more its just sticking nose into highly professional narrow field.

What have you been waiting for may I ask?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

This is an old trick by now. It has been done three or four times. They are priming the pump, whetting the public's appetite for more. Now, they are definite about having found water on Mars. Such a hoot! Most followers of the various probes to Mars over the last forty years fairly well knew long ago that the terrain showed signs of recent water.

Most people don't know that the mid 1970s twin Viking missions had a "search for life" experiment on board that found puzzling results that could be interpreted to suggest organic life in the soil samples it raked up, but the results were strongly denied. It was too early, probably, they had to build the case for life on Mars. Now, with water a scientific fact, they can come up with more "possible" results in the soil samples for traces of life forms. They better hurry. I'll bet the Chinese would love to get a mission up there to find and announce the first signs of life, past or present. However, the Soviets never had any great luck in getting their 30 some missions correctly to Mars. However, China may find that they will have that same problem which was named the "Martian Monster" by NASA and JPL scientists.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
what do you expect them to tell you? They found life? Passed or present? And you are suspecting NASA withholds info just not to upset Vatican? Or what exactly?

I just don't get the argument. Explain please.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Lately it seems as if all our secrets are up for grabs and anyone could just drop the whole damn truth at any hour for multiple reasons. Who knows what files are waiting to be unleashed on the public?

Anyway, here is the latest stuff from Nasa, and a handy Cnn article. Does that help?
NASA
CNN
edit on 16-12-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by darkorange

Take it from this viewpoint if a whistle blower with internal knowledge says there is something very very special in the "new" data and they don't follow through it's either:
1) Bunk and rumors to keep the masses short attention span as you suggest
2) There is disputed data that turns out not be of value
3) There is a real disclosure that will never be seen outside of NASA
I like to number items for discussion. It's doesn't mean they have more meaning but it makes them easier to discuss.
Science has a PR problem right now. They want to portray them selves as the knowledge source but can never take the time to admit when they are wrong. Too much loss of face perhaps? They need to come down to earth and let it known they can make mistakes. Then correct the issue. We all make mistakes based on the best knowledge within our grasp so why are they expected to be treated differently?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

There was nothing released about it after that.
Incorrect. I believe you are talking about the announcement in October of 2012. This one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thing is, no one at NASA ever said the information was "earth shaking" and the findings were made quite public.
Discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

datasdream
Remember back in July (or so) there was a frantic communication about some new finding by Curiositys first Chemical sample results. They indicated there was something unusual in the results and there would be a release of information on it soon.

no, please link us to that 'frantic communication" from NASA.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Taken out of context and blown up by the media, as usual.

It was the first full chemical analysis of martian soil/rock. The actual phrase (said informally by one of Curiosity scientists) was: "the one for history books". And I agree that it is, at least for history of space exploration books.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

new topics

top topics

join