It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Today's Bible Authentic?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Lazarus Short

It doesn't make any sense. What real world evidence shows that believing in Jesus has helped in any way?

To me it seems like a get-out-of-jail-free card for those who are destroying the planet. They can do whatever they want because Jesus is supposedly coming back to fix everything for us. Billions upon billions of people believe without a doubt that Jesus will come back and fix it for them, which is why they sit on their hands and wait for war to happen so he can come back. It's a pacifying belief, a belief that suits those in power perfectly.

Your question is valid, but read this book: What If Jesus Had Never Been Born? by Dr D. James Kennedy.

For the rest, it's just your opinion. Real Christians are doing good all over the world, not the ones who go to church and fill a pew, but those who live it day-to-day.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
question is valid

the question is valid maybe... but the public school has failed to answer the question or piece together the mural for the students.

this is why we need better teachers, the question is easily answered but the question is causing real damage, it's not getting painted for the majority.

Western Civilization is Christendom and once they figure that out they'll know...
edit on 18-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Jesus took us to the moon and we're not stopping, scientists and all!

Um...

Yeah...ok.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

Jesus took us to the moon and we're not stopping, scientists and all!

Um...

Yeah...ok.

why not address what I didn't remove? I realize I put a little too much of my own beliefs in there for the masses.

Western Civilization is Christendom... what say you?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The post of yours I was responding to, you only quoted 3 words--so what's your point?

The western world was influenced by many different groups with many different mythologies and beliefs.

As far as schools, what about the separation of church and state? Excluding private and/or Catholic shools of course.

Better?

edit on 12/18/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I say the Chinese are the real Capitalist here

they've only begun in the last 50 to 60 years and they are capitalizing bigtime off Western Civilization.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

True if you consider Catholicism Christianity. However I don't consider Western culture Civilized.
edit on 18-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

The post of yours I was responding to, you only quoted 3 words--so what's your point?

my point is you have no refutation... and therefore simply uninformed.

who is to blame for lack of knowledge?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Look at what I edited in as you were typing your post.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

olaru12

SisyphusRide

True if you consider Catholicism Christianity. However I don't consider Western culture Civilized.

False if you consider the skeptics and scoffers as part of Western Civilization. [slaps self] Oh! I couldn't help myself...
edit on 18-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: dum-de-dum

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Lazarus Short

olaru12

SisyphusRide

False if you consider the skeptics and scoffers as part of Western Civilization.

I consider enemies of the West... "communists"

they're either with us or they are against us!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Western civilization is the most corrupt one if you ask me, America is the biggest warmonger on the planet and we've been a part of war for at least the past 100 years constantly. You know why in my opinion? Because war is supposed to happen before Jesus comes back and we are a Christian nation. Everyone wants Jesus to come back and they believe it is in their lifetime that it will happen, so these wars happening constantly are partly because our Christian nation is hoping Jesus will come back afterward.

Why is America the most war prone country in the entire world right now? Because of Americans being mostly Christian and the teaching that Jesus is coming back after war takes place in my opinion. I bet people were expecting Jesus after the world wars, but he never came. The end has been coming for thousands of years and people are complacent with war because of what religion teaches, that it is necessary before Jesus comes back.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

Lazarus Short

olaru12

SisyphusRide

False if you consider the skeptics and scoffers as part of Western Civilization.

I consider enemies of the West... "communists"

Lazarus Short False if you consider the skeptics and scoffers as part of Western Civilization.

they're either with us or they are against us!

Are you serious, or is this an attempt at a joke???

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

there is no working together! the moment we let down our guard communists and terrorists attack...

it's to the furnace for us!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

You're right, not all Christians are the pew-visiting kind, but those who are vastly outnumber those who aren't.

The fact still remains that Christianity is a religion based on a savior coming AFTER war. A true savior would come BEFORE war ever broke out. Christianity teaches us to expect war as the norm because it always gives us hope that someone else will come and fix it for us.

War has been ongoing for thousands of years, do you see where this kind of teaching has gotten us? Complacent is the answer you're looking for, we have become complacent with war because it's supposed to "maybe" bring Jesus back to save us.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

there is no working together! the moment we let down our guard communists and terrorists attack...

it's to the furnace for us!

Against us or for us, you said earlier...

Yeah, those Buddhists are a vicious killing machine.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
Against us or for us, you said earlier...

Yeah, those Buddhists are a vicious killing machine.

you need to take that up with the Chinese... you pitting us against someone else just isn't going to work anymore.

we're friends with the Buddhists...

it is other thought patterns we are enemies with!

and make no mistake... they are our enemies!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Sure, I see what you're saying, but do not ascribe the evil of evil men to God. Let the heathen rage, and know the Truth yourself. When the war happens that Jesus will save us from, even you will be happy to see Him, methinks...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I don't think the crusades ever really ended! And they seem to have started up again big time with the so called "war on terror"....a strategy I think is to usher in Armageddon. Ironically it's the Jews that seek Armageddon and not Christians.

Merry Christmas.....

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

you pitting us against someone else just isn't going to work anymore.
we're friends with the Buddhists...
it is other thought patterns we are enemies with! and make no mistake... they are our enemies!

Well the Buddhists aren't Western Civ. and have different "thought patterns" and I didn't "pit" anyone against us.

BTW didn't you just "pit" "us" against someone after you said doing that won't work anymore???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join