It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Today's Bible Authentic?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

It doesn't matter, and I won't waste my time. The eyes of your understanding will be opened when God Himself removes the veil. I cannot do it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Lazarus Short

It doesn't matter, and I won't waste my time. The eyes of your understanding will be opened when God Himself removes the veil. I cannot do it.

That's good since I didn't ask anyone to convert me from agnostic to full on believer.
I thought this thread was more about the authenticity of the bible--more than proving the bible with the bible.
edit on 12/20/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

Lazarus Short

That's good since I didn't ask anyone to convert me from agnostic to full on believer.
I thought this thread was more about the authenticity of the bible--more than proving the bible with the bible.
edit on 12/20/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Tell you what - nearly all of my books are packed for a move next spring, and so my resources are tied up. If you are sincerely interested in the authenticity of the Bible, take a look at the book I mentioned (Evidence That Demands A Verdict) or ask at a bookstore, Christian or otherwise, for a good book on the subject. There is never a substitute for doing your own research, and that is far better than taking the word of a pastor/priest/minister, college professor, tabloid writer, or even one or two book authors. You know, my twenty-year search for the reality of Hell began with a magazine illustration, and here I am today, preaching that Hell is a 404. To paraphrase Bilbo in LOTR, you have to be careful what you put your mind to - one book or two, and you don't know where you might be carried off to...

Here are some mile posts in my search/journey:

the Bible
the Book of Jasher
Ivan Panin
the Meru Project (Stan Tennen)
Evidence That Demands A Verdict
Secrets of Time by Stephen E. Jones
much else, but as I said, it's mostly packed, so I can only offer off the top of my head.

Good luck in your journey - the Destination is unavoidable.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The Bible is The Inspired Word of God. The key word is "Inspired".

All man makes mistakes, and even people who have Near Death Experiences and see Jesus still have trouble putting their experiences in words.

Whether The Bible has mistakes or not, whether The Bible has changes in it or not, there is one Core message that comes from Jesus Christ.

Love your neighbor as yourself, therefore forgive them, therefore give to them to help them when they are in need.

"For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
- Galatians 5:14

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Good luck in your journey - the Destination is unavoidable.

"Unavoidable"?

From the studies and research I have done, it is quite avoidable--not that I think the term "avoidable" is accurate--
More like left open to unquestioning belief, or doubt as one as an individual sentient being may view it and make up their own minds.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The bible is a lie inspired by truth. They have twisted the truth around and turned it into a lie.

The bible is a work of Satan (man's ego) and he is the god of this world who is masquerading as an angel of light through the bible and church teachings.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by arpgme

The bible is a lie inspired by truth. They have twisted the truth around and turned it into a lie.

The bible is a work of Satan (man's ego) and he is the god of this world who is masquerading as an angel of light through the bible and church teachings.

That's possible, however here is my take on the other side of this coin. Im not saying I am right and you are wrong. I am just showing you my view.

The Bible has been inspired by the Word. The Word expresses through different means. It will never be agreed upon entirely because it expresses to people differently. Not the same.

The way the religion that's associated with the Bible has distorted the truer spiritual expressions it's conveying, thus after many years of our collective minds evolving, we have come to a point in time whereas the expressions are not expressing the same as our consciousness. We are evolving, hanging on to an ancient book. An old way of thinking about man and God and his relationships. This Old way represents the Old testament. It's mans testament that is old. lol It's not working and Christianity is going south and may not come back up, even though they are blessed with the New. The New Testament is the new way of thinking. Jesus came to help our state of consciousness evolve with our self, others and God.

I am not a christian, but I love the mystical experiences I have when I read the Bible. I get a total other meaning than what I have been taught. It's inspiring to read and think about the conveyance of such words. Taken like a book and not reading so much into it, it's man's his-story boiled down to one main his-story. Our history.

The evolving relationship with God and with each other on a spiritual vs. material level is where our expressions evolve from.

The Bible needs a different interpretation because the old and new testaments aren't working in the favor of Jesus's teachings. It is being relayed to audiences as meaning one way, when in spirit it says another.

I have wondered this myself until I saw the other side of it. My reasoning was based on the christian teachings, but when I studied and read it for myself including it's history I began to see it in another light.

Who knows... I do love Jesus teachings, I know that. I believe the Bible speaks of reincarnation of the soul and for this reason it's easy to see how Jesus became "Christ". He evolved as the first Adam and that is how he will be the last to evolve. I can also understand why he said "its finished" and it's because it is. His-story repeats itself until there is no more his-story.

Again, I think the Bible's old to new testament is a testament of the evolving conscious. How we thought about God in the old and then the new way of thinking was displayed by Jesus. This way of thinking though has gotten twisted. I may be wrong.. but it's how I feel in my heart.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Maybe we need an even newer testament then?

I say we name this Newer Testament "LOVE". That's its title and message all in one. I think that covers it quite nicely, no worship or tithing or churches needed. Love each other, that's all that's needed for heaven on Earth to exist.

Actually, that's basically what Jesus said, but it was lost within all the other mumbo jumbo that came added to his message.

By the way, great post!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I say we name this Newer Testament "LOVE". That's its title and message all in one. I think that covers it quite nicely, no worship or tithing or churches needed

Didn't Buddha have a very similar message 500 years before Jesus? No bible at all needed, whether it's "authentic" (no) or it's not.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yep, I'd even wager that Jesus learned a thing or two from Buddha's teachings. I welcome all avenues of spirituality as long as I can connect with them in some way. I don't think any one spiritual teacher was greater than the other, they all fulfilled their purposes and sometimes their purposes interconnected with each other unknowingly.

You have to look at things from different perspectives because different perspectives sometimes compliment one another.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join