It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do coloured people expecting white people to be racist cause racism onto themselves and others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It seem me that many coloured people expect all white people to be racist. Which obviously is biggoted. So is the belief in white guilt really the cause of much of modern racism and intollerance?
After all it is easy to hate a person who dislikes you: in fact it is the obviou response. So it racism onto coloured people really caused largely be their intollerance of whites?

This link is quite racist and ageist. Racism will end when old white people die. www.frontpagemag.com...

Maybe Oprah should look in the mirror, she looks very pale. It would take very few generations for any offspring of hers to look completely white.
edit on 14-12-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Only a small minority of people are racist, many of them never even encountered who they are racist of.

Racism in 2013, is a divide and conquer tactic used by the ones in power.
It doesn't work that much but the media will tell us otherwise to serve their agenda.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy?
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure for the most part, racism is dead.
Heck, we even got a 2 term black president.
The only time racism really ever raises it's ugly head is when someone is pushing an agenda.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If you look on the link Oprah looks very pale. It never ceases to amaze me how many people identify themselves as black and are very pale: like white dna doesn't exist in them at all. I have seen that over the years there seems to be fewer and fewer very dark people. I don't know why but maybe natural selection isn't working as they expected it to.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

werewolf99
Maybe Oprah should look in the mirror, she looks very pale.

Her opinion also looks very pale concerning what she as to say about racism, herself being racist.

Oprah...

Their main weapon in psychological warfare against women.
edit on 14-12-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You obviously do not live in the south. Unfortunately racism is ALIVE and WELL. Sadly......For example, my daughter invited classmates to her birthday party at a skating rink closer to our home than another in the city. The friend told her she could not go because that was a WHITE ONLY skating rink!!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Starwise
reply to post by g146541

You obviously do not live in the south. Unfortunately racism is ALIVE and WELL. Sadly......For example, my daughter invited classmates to her birthday party at a skating rink closer to our home than another in the city. The friend told her she could not go because that was a WHITE ONLY skating rink!!

And this skating rink is located in 1939?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

Seems to not have mentioned yet..., the term colored people is not a racist term. I know of a couple of people, whos upbringing used that term, who was called a racist.

But I would imagine that people will see it as racist nonetheless. That same person thinking that term is racist should ask yourselves what does NAACP stand for.

As for the topic, depends on upbringing/location where you live. I grew up overseas and in TN. In the part of TN I grew up, it was likely true. From my peers, the odds of a hwhite person being racist was highly true. Racist against anyone not hwhite was the norm. But...DONT get racist mixed up with hate in my scenario - it was the stereotypical thinking that fueled the racism, not hatred.

Edit: Oprah is racist IMO. She doesn't have hatred, but she seems to have that ignorant racist thinking that people obviously can notice.
edit on 14-12-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as above

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Starwise
reply to post by g146541

That's just kids being dumb, yet highly observant. They probably noticed that only white folk went there and assumed it was for whites only....I hope.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

badgerprints

Starwise
reply to post by g146541

I believe you are a West Texas guy. You have mentioned Odessa before. The Music City Mall has a skating rink in it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Woah, Oprah! Harsh.

On the Oprah comment... my grandma, who I miss terribly, used to call Chinese people chinks without any malice really. It used to embarrass me so much, and she'd roll her eyes at me and say "well that's what we used to call them"
Now that she's passed away, I suppose that racism went with her.

On the other hand, in relation to the op, my son remains good friends with a half white /half Filipino boy but when they were in grade one this boy accused my son of calling him "brown". Little kids tend to just state facts but nevertheless there was a school meeting and ultimately their teacher called my family "the poster child for tolerance" ( mixed race cousins, orientation stuff) and that the paranoia was coming from the Filipino mother. So yeah, an enemy can be created in the mind. It's human nature to fear the unknown and I suppose this mother has faced racism and naturally feared for her son's future, and inadvertently threw him into the racist vicious cycle.
edit on 15-12-2013 by igloo because: dyslexia

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Some people choose to be offended. We have ultimate control of how we react to input.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Most people are racist. It's to what degree you work toward being rational that defines you as a person.

I have met just as many black racists as white racists. What defined their character was their ability to use logic and apply it rationally toward individuals.

Unless you grow up in a jungle separated from other people, you are racist.

Grow up in an all black family and community? You will be racist toward whites.

Grow up in an all white community and family? You will be racist towards blacks.

It's impossible to escape. You might think you aren't but every psychological study that has been done has shown that even if we honestly believe that we aren't racist on the surface we are subconsciously.

The best we can do is to get past the nonsense pounded into our heads since birth and try and look at each person individually.

In regard to the expectation of racism from whites I think it just comes down to disrespect on both ends.

Here is a test to ask yourself if you are black and have a white friend or vice versa.

Would you be able to sit down with that and discuss the N word. I don't mean calling each other names but honestly discuss the word without saying "N". Could you sit down and have a respectful discussion on it's origins and your own different experiences with the word?

If no then what does that say about the state of your friendship in comparison to your friendship with those of the same color skin?

edit on 15-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: D

edit on 15-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

badgerprints

Starwise
reply to post by g146541

I believe you are a West Texas guy. You have mentioned Odessa before. The Music City Mall has a skating rink in it.

East Texas actually, but I've done a lot of work out west.
I'm not wondering about the existence of a skating rink.
I'm wondering about the existence of a whites only skating rink.

I remember skating (yes, I know, it was a long time ago) in a rink near Houston. Even way back then, I remember black kids, hispanic kids and white kids rolling around that place.

A "whites only" skating rink? In 2013? I find that hard to believe.
Maybe I'm just naive about the societal impact that black children on wheels cause to fragile white minds but I just don't believe it.

new topics

top topics

join