It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message for kids; Santa and Jesus were white, so stop complaining

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Here's an important lesson to all the youngsters out there, courtesy of Fox News: Both Jesus AND Santa Claus were white.

During her show last night, Fox News' Megyn Kelly addressed a Slate article that argued that Santa Claus should no longer be portrayed as a white man. Maybe he should be a penguin instead, argued Aisha Harris, the Slate writer. Kelly's reaction? Nope.

"By the way, for all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white but this person is just arguing that maybe we should also have a black Santa," Kelly said, before briefly pausing to acknowledge that she can sort of kind of understand how that might be painful for a black child. But only kind of sort of. "Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean it has to change," she added.

But she didn't stop there. She went on to address Jesus' race. You know, the Semitic fellow allegedly born in the Middle East 2000 years ago.

"Jesus was a white man, too," Kelly said. "He was a historical figure. That's a verifiable fact — as is Santa. I just want the kids watching to know that. My point is, how do you just revise it in the middle of the legacy of the story and change Santa from white to black?"

Full story and video here

Great, another bs race war with holidays, children, and religion thrown in the mixture.

I wanted to rant about how Jesus was from Israel, therefore NOT white, and Santa is a fictional character modeled after an old Catholic bishop and the fictional Pagan God of the winter solstice called the Holly King, but after realizing what this ignorant news broadcast was, I simmered down a bit.

Because, with religion, race, and children all thrown into a controversial issue like this, it can only mean one thing, and you all know what that is.

Its an emotionally blackmailing distraction, as well as more divide & conquer crap.

I wonder what's going on right now that they don't want us thinking about...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Well then I fear the future of humanity for incidents like these will lead to the path of destruction
edit on 13-12-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I demand a white Mickey Mouse lol....

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This was started over some whining article to the effect of "Wah, well known white people in western culture make me feel bad about myself" which is pretty twisted and sickening.

It seems the sort who are first to accuse others of Racism! are the same people obsessed with other peoples' skin colour.

Who is St. Nicholas, anyway?

Apparently he is guilty of the crime of having lighter skin pigmentation, which just by itself, oppresses anyone else who has darker skin than his.

Would some people feel better if he had spent more time at the seaside and got a nice tan? No, that would probably be racist, too.

The whining article even went as far as to suggest re-writing history (The Current Truth!) to alter the skin colour of figures like Santa, into something more politically fashionable.

Is there a lesson to be learned here?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Jesus was British you know.... Don't tell anyone.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Obviously the ethnicity of the two characters most associated with Christmas is a very big deal to fox news..

I say characters because they are both Fictional characters based on an allegorical tale of another person...

Santa = Saint Nicholas

Jesus = Horus + Krishna + Augustus/Octavian Ceasar

the point is, if the ethnicity of these Characters is of vital importance then the true message of Christmas is totally lost...

I am all for letting people believe what they want but these moronic individuals should not be permitted to poison the minds of children so that they themselves can feel superior when really they are showing themselves as ignorant and maybe even a little bit prejudice

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Kelly's got little kids at home and she was primarily speaking to all the little ones she thinks watch her show...cute, but pathological. How did this woman get awarded a law degree, which hopefully requires a modicum of rational thought ability?

When did lying to children, whether about the Easter Fairy, the Tooth Bunny, or various and sundry gods become the norm? What kind of culture allows BS to substitute for obvious fact, if not debatable fact?

It's like we have an entire planet sanctifying ludicrous theories about 'the origin of the universe' and 'jeebus died for your sins and you better believe it or you're going to writhe in agony in hell for eternity' (a disgustingly sick idea), and try to tell the truth, or just ask for the truth to be investigated honestly, and you're labeled a conspiracy theorist. And ridiculed as a nutjob by the same people who believe Jesus was white and so is Santa Claus.

We've made paranoid schizophrenia fashionable and it announces the news every night.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Santa is white. Jesus was not. Get over it.

One line is all this is nonsense is worth, but there are rules apparently.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Ph03n1x
Obviously the ethnicity of the two characters most associated with Christmas is a very big deal to fox news..

Not as big a deal as the author of the article that was the subject of a current topic discussion on FNC.

The author, as a typical leftist, is obsessed with the skin colour of The Christ and St Nick, as if their skin colour made some kind of difference on some level, some how.

Which is of course, puerile nonsense.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Soon we will have a new saying: "Don't listen to the message! Repaint the messenger."

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

signalfire

When did lying to children, whether about the Easter Fairy, the Tooth Bunny, or various and sundry gods become the norm? What kind of culture allows BS to substitute for obvious fact, if not debatable fact?

Stories are important to any culture. These paradigms, stereotypes, and tropes serve a significant purpose to teach, define and bind a society. Psychologically, we need these as individuals and as social animals. It is, however, natural and necessary for those values represented to change, and so the stories and characters change. However, I think equating stories/belief in the Easter Bunny with psychopathy, or at least some sort of mental pathology is an ironically unhinged perspective as well.
edit on 13-12-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2013 by redhorse because: clarity and grammar

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The worlds most favorite imaginary friend has something in common with Santa, skin color. Its a laugh, how you talk about santa being make believe but not the god-man . And in the same paragraph you talk about a fictitious, winter, pagan, holy king. Not like, Christianity stole their fables from Pagans. Happy holidays!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

Kind of, you see all British are actually Jews.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Just rearrange the letters on Santa.

Let's see, you have Sanat whom is an eternal being that is SUPPOSED to be running this world. God appointed this being.

Or maybe you have Satan whom is is said to run this place. But Satan is the one who tests us....Kind of sounds like the job of Sanat.

No, humans run this world by deceit and greed, there isn't even a god for that in reality.

Oh well, just an off topic response

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

redhorse

signalfire

Stories are important to any culture. These paradigms, stereotypes, and tropes serve a significant purpose to teach, define and bind a society. Psychologically, we need these as individuals and as social animals. It is, however, natural and necessary for those values represented to change, and so the stories and characters change. However, I think equating stories/belief in the Easter Bunny with psychopathy is an ironically unhinged perspective as well.

edit on 13-12-2013 by redhorse because: clarity and grammar

And when do the lies stop? At what age? Obviously not in most adults, look at that Fox News segment, or any church on Sunday. It's one thing to tell ghost stories around a campfire. It's quite another to present them as news to millions of viewers, and with a straight face no less.

Yes, this is psychopathy. In a sane culture, this would get you put into a mental health institution for dramatic treatment, and you would be unemployable until you came to your senses.

We've been told lies as a matter of course about everything, our entire lives. How is an intellectually challenged person supposed to know what's real, and what's imaginary? If telling our children the truth isn't important, I don't know what is, but you certainly won't solve society's problems if your approach to them is idiotic fairy tales and sinister threats if the fairy tales aren't believed.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Wasn't Jesus middle eastern?
And Santa's from the North Pole. He's likely either Scandinavian, or Icelandic, or Russian, which would be white, or Inuit.

Why is everything always black or white? There are many dark skinned countries out there that aren't "black"

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The really funny thing is that the Slate article wanted Santa replaced with a penguin, and have the North Pole relocated to the South Pole.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Now we have to stop this historical inaccuracy

MICKEY MOUSE IS BLACK!

edit on 13-12-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

signalfire

And when do the lies stop? At what age?

Certainly not with adulthood, just considering how leftists continue to dupe naive young people into revering and believing Big Government spending ever more of Other Peoples Money as the solution to all woes of mankind.

A laughable faerie tale pounded into folks heads from womb to tomb from every corner of popular culture, advanced by alleged serious adults.

Again, the point is, the origin of this discussion about Santa & Christ was based on the assumption that their skin pigment is important somehow.

Another fairy tale offered constantly by the left.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think it's hilarious to watch conservatives try and defend FOX News on this one.

I get my news from Comedy Central and my comedy from FOX News these days.

The level of ignorance on FNC has just sunk so low that any moment could be comedy gold. What's next? President Reagan is a prophet of God?

I bet the woman in that segment would get a long nicely with Sarah Palin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join