It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News anchor declares that 'Jesus and Santa are 'verifiably white'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Eryiedes

tencap77
Hey, Christmas, is a Christian Holiday!

It facinates me how many christians don't realize christmas is actually a pagan celebration that they commandeered.

-Peace-

It amazes me how Westerners think one cannot be a Christian and a pagan at the same time. Many Mexicans trust wise women predicting the future and still have their traditional spiritual beliefs, despite being Catholic. And here in the Balkans a lot of people believe in magic and visit people talking with spirits and fortune tellers, despite being Orthodox. Heck, we even put on white and red strings on our wrists in spring which is very pagan. The Christianity vs paganism is a Western concept, and a recent one, as a lot of Medieval Western Europeans visited churches and druids at the same time.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kiko83bg

If christians were really being honest they'd admit that Christianity began as a pagan solar cult.
You claim they can both be embraced by someone of faith.
Let's see now...
A Christian with conflicting beliefs or points of view.
Wow...I can't actually disagree with that for once!

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I am perfectly aware of why christians celebrate christmas.
I just don't care.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Eryiedes

I am perfectly aware of why christians celebrate christmas.
I just don't care.

-Peace-

Yet here you are trying to tell people what you don't care about?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

You mean the conversation doesn't deserve to hear from people that think those who argue over two imaginary figures are a tad silly?
Objection noted.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Jesus was not white, neither was Mary.

If you subscribe to the belief that Jesus and Mary had a daughter 'Sara' (the Egyptian servant girl Mary traveled with after Jesus death), then you would probably know that the statue of St Sara, is actually that of a black girl. Which would mean that either Jesus, or Mary were likely as black as they come.

PICTURE OF ST SARA STATUE

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Actually the people of the Bible the Children of Israel(Jacob) or Hebrews, decedents of Abraham, were oriental Asiatics.

None where Europeans. They are racially classified as Semitic--Arabs and the original Jews or Hebrews.

The Romans were Europeans. But they weren’t connected to the Asiatic Semitic Hebrews, the people of Jesus.

The term Caucasian is a misnomer and was concocted by pseudo scientists who wanted to add Asiatics and North Africans and even dark Indians to the “Caucasian (white race).

“Caucasian didn’t always simply mean ‘white’, as it does now. Before the eighteenth century, it was exclusively a term for people from Caucasus, a country lying on the border on Europe and Asia. But in the eighteenth century, a German anthropologist Johann Friedrich Blumenbach declared that the 245 skulls from the region that were in his possession were “the most beautiful race of men”. Adding to this erroneous idea that the Caucasian skulls were the most beautiful, was the idea that they were the oldest (they weren’t). He also expanded the definition of Caucasian to mean Europeans and the inhabitants of a region reaching from the ObiRiver in Russia to the Ganges to the Caspian Sea, plus northern Africans – a definition which technically even included Indians.”

www.firstpost.com...

“Of course, Caucasian may not immediately strike you as a racially offensive term. In its modern usage, Caucasian has become the PC word people use when they don’t want to say ‘white’. “If you want to show that you’re being dispassionate then you use the more scientific term Caucasian,” said Nell Irvin Painter, a historian who explored the term’s origins in her book The History of White People, as quoted in the New York Times. But the word was never meant to be such a benevolent one – Caucasian has been, since its inception, a racially-charged word with implications of white supremacy and superiority deeply embedded into its history.”

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

HigherTruth
Jesus was not white, neither was Mary.

If you subscribe to the belief that Jesus and Mary had a daughter 'Sara' (the Egyptian servant girl Mary traveled with after Jesus death), then you would probably know that the statue of St Sara, is actually that of a black girl. Which would mean that either Jesus, or Mary were likely as black as they come.

PICTURE OF ST SARA STATUE

Wow you got that all confused she wasnt there daughter of jesus and mary she was a servant that supposedly came with one of the three marys. These being Mary Magdalene , Mary Salome or Mary Jacobe when they landed in france to avoid christian persecution. She was an egyptian slave girl probably why she was portrayed as being black.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Willtell
Actually the people of the Bible the Children of Israel(Jacob) or Hebrews, decedents of Abraham, were oriental Asiatics.

None where Europeans. They are racially classified as Semitic--Arabs and the original Jews or Hebrews.

The Romans were Europeans. But they weren’t connected to the Asiatic Semitic Hebrews, the people of Jesus.

The term Caucasian is a misnomer and was concocted by pseudo scientists who wanted to add Asiatics and North Africans and even dark Indians to the “Caucasian (white race).

“Caucasian didn’t always simply mean ‘white’, as it does now. Before the eighteenth century, it was exclusively a term for people from Caucasus, a country lying on the border on Europe and Asia. But in the eighteenth century, a German anthropologist Johann Friedrich Blumenbach declared that the 245 skulls from the region that were in his possession were “the most beautiful race of men”. Adding to this erroneous idea that the Caucasian skulls were the most beautiful, was the idea that they were the oldest (they weren’t). He also expanded the definition of Caucasian to mean Europeans and the inhabitants of a region reaching from the ObiRiver in Russia to the Ganges to the Caspian Sea, plus northern Africans – a definition which technically even included Indians.”

www.firstpost.com...

“Of course, Caucasian may not immediately strike you as a racially offensive term. In its modern usage, Caucasian has become the PC word people use when they don’t want to say ‘white’. “If you want to show that you’re being dispassionate then you use the more scientific term Caucasian,” said Nell Irvin Painter, a historian who explored the term’s origins in her book The History of White People, as quoted in the New York Times. But the word was never meant to be such a benevolent one – Caucasian has been, since its inception, a racially-charged word with implications of white supremacy and superiority deeply embedded into its history.”

Jacob was phoenician and not asiatic. They looked very similar to the greeks just didnt like each other much and fought all the time. So your a little confused as for the term caucasian doesnt matter it was a racial term that still has no true definition so not sure what your point is. As been happening for thousands of years every race intermingles. Since it appears to be an issue i will tell you there is eveidence that Jesus indeed had blonde hair blue eyes and light skin according to his description of him by the romans.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I assume you are referring to "Publius Lentenlius"? According to the Agape Bible Study web, scholars are divided on its authenticity. It is a copy of letter, that was copied, copied again, etc. As with all things of Faith, it is what you want to believe.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

MOMof3

I assume you are referring to "Publius Lentenlius"? According to the Agape Bible Study web, scholars are divided on its authenticity. It is a copy of letter, that was copied, copied again, etc. As with all things of Faith, it is what you want to believe.

No almost forgot about that one i was thinking specifically The Archko Volume it was a collection of court records from the 1st century. And the letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar where he was reporting the incident to rome. So we have at least 3 descriptions of him right there. you have to realize the romans were bureaucrats they were very good at keeping records.Like the Archko Volumes it litterally a copy of proceedings from the roman senate. Cant build an empire on sloppy record keeping lol. oh and remebered hes mention by josephus as well so its pretty obvious the romans thought he was white with blond hair and blue eyes. So as i general rule i cant argue with them since they were there and i wasnt.
edit on 12/18/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I never heard of that one so I did some research. It is still a matter of choosing to believe this Mahan or not:

"Unanswered Questions about
Archko Volume Authenticity
until convinced by more than Dr. Goodspeed's very questionable,
after the fact (over 50 yrs) investigation, Bible Probe weighs in on
the side of Reverend Mahan

This book has been distributed in the past as both the "Archko Library" and the "Archo Volume".
In 1879 Rev W. D. Mahan a Boonville, Missouri minister published a pamphlet entitled "A Correct Transcript of Pilate's Court". In 1884, after the apparent successful distribution and wide spread popularity of the report, Mahan issued a new volume that contained an expanded version of this report along with eleven other such works, under the title, "The Archaeological and the Historical Writings of the Sanhedrin and Talmuds of the Jews", Translated from the Ancient Parchments and Scrolls at Constantinople and the Vatican at Rome.

In 1887, Rev. W. D. Mahan published a book entitled The Archko Volume. It is the results of his search for 1st century documents. Rev Mahan wrote that his research took him to the Vatican in Rome and to the Jewish Talmud's in Constantinople, Turkey; and that he was accompanied & assisted by two other "expert" scholars: Dr. McIntosh of Scotland and Dr. Twyman of England. He says that he was prompted to do this ever since 1856 when a German gentleman named H. C. Whydaman visited him and told him of his having worked at the Vatican and seen the Acta Pilati documents there.

During his 1883 trip to the Vatican, Mahan says that among many other writings he located a letter written on a papyrus scroll to Caesar from Pontius Pilate, dated about 31 A.D.. What is contained in Mahan's Archo Volume is truly awesome if the documents here turn out to have been really written by Pontius Pilate, Caiaphas, Herod and others. Bible Probe has seen nothing in these documents that would be in opposition to the teachings of the Christian Faith."

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Sami people of Finland have for centuries dressed "like" Santa and have sleighs pulled by reindeer. Reckon that's from where some of "T'was the Night Before Christmas" poem derives. Very dark melanin skinned people would not do well at the poles--need light colored skin to make enough Vit D to survive there. Same reason light colored skin needs to be covered most of the time in the tropics--besides sunburn, can make too much Vit D.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

MOMof3

I never heard of that one so I did some research. It is still a matter of choosing to believe this Mahan or not:

"Unanswered Questions about
Archko Volume Authenticity
until convinced by more than Dr. Goodspeed's very questionable,
after the fact (over 50 yrs) investigation, Bible Probe weighs in on
the side of Reverend Mahan

This book has been distributed in the past as both the "Archko Library" and the "Archo Volume".
In 1879 Rev W. D. Mahan a Boonville, Missouri minister published a pamphlet entitled "A Correct Transcript of Pilate's Court". In 1884, after the apparent successful distribution and wide spread popularity of the report, Mahan issued a new volume that contained an expanded version of this report along with eleven other such works, under the title, "The Archaeological and the Historical Writings of the Sanhedrin and Talmuds of the Jews", Translated from the Ancient Parchments and Scrolls at Constantinople and the Vatican at Rome.

In 1887, Rev. W. D. Mahan published a book entitled The Archko Volume. It is the results of his search for 1st century documents. Rev Mahan wrote that his research took him to the Vatican in Rome and to the Jewish Talmud's in Constantinople, Turkey; and that he was accompanied & assisted by two other "expert" scholars: Dr. McIntosh of Scotland and Dr. Twyman of England. He says that he was prompted to do this ever since 1856 when a German gentleman named H. C. Whydaman visited him and told him of his having worked at the Vatican and seen the Acta Pilati documents there.

During his 1883 trip to the Vatican, Mahan says that among many other writings he located a letter written on a papyrus scroll to Caesar from Pontius Pilate, dated about 31 A.D.. What is contained in Mahan's Archo Volume is truly awesome if the documents here turn out to have been really written by Pontius Pilate, Caiaphas, Herod and others. Bible Probe has seen nothing in these documents that would be in opposition to the teachings of the Christian Faith."

Well if we have 3 different sources at what point do you say well must be right. Look even Josephus said he as white so either we are to believe that the romans were wrong because they obviously believed he was being Josephus was a roman historian at the time. We can question the source of one of the documents but when you put together multiple documents thats at that point corroboration.Then we can look at the description of his apostles as well guess what they were white. So that proves that Jews at the time were indeed white and not asiatic etc. So believe what you will but history says he was white. You have to think of the time period most of the Mediterranean was visited and colonized by akkadians long before the first century.
edit on 12/19/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So, there's no actual proof for the existance of Jesus...but they know for a fact that he's white?
That's too funny.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Personally, I don't care what color Jesus' skin was. I wished people cared as much about the true spirit of his teachings of love and forgiveness. If Megyn were a true christian, never mind professional, that is how she would have formed her comment at this time of year.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Huh...your argument is invalidated.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

MOMof3

Personally, I don't care what color Jesus' skin was. I wished people cared as much about the true spirit of his teachings of love and forgiveness. If Megyn were a true christian, never mind professional, that is how she would have formed her comment at this time of year.

I agree one hundred percent but i have a feeling when ratings get low hosts like to invent controversy. Because in television any press is good press i figure she had a win win here she appealed to christian conservatives and she gets attention from the left trying to make fun of her. Meaning she now has them talking about her which generates interest. As usual ratings overrides common sense and well dacorum really. As her statement never needed to be said and you can allow someone to believe whatever they choose.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Huh...your argument is invalidated.

And this proves what? See you come on with a statement you treat as fact that is totally irrelevant. Ok there is a black man that dresses up as Santa there is also Chinese that do the same. Santa has become huge in china actually surprises me But even when he is displayed hes a white guy but its hard to find a white guy in china to play santa clause. So of course a chinese guy will don a beard shove some pillows under a shirt and we have santa.Now in honesty i dont care what color someone wants to believe santa is hes a fictional character made up to sell toys by macys. But what you're doing is no better than this woman making her statement either when you come on and say your statement as some kind of fact. Since macys created Santa and they made him white he is white its like taking spider man from marvel comics and saying hes actually a black man. You can say it but that doesnt make it right does it?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

a fictional character made up to sell toys by macys

WOW I didn't know that. I knew he was fictional well less fictional than Christ but still fictional anyway I had no idea the lore originated with Macys. Next you will tell me the Easter bunny was made up by Colonel Sanders.

Anyway old saint nick is supposed to be with us still, and current folklore i.e. movies have him pass the torch every so often. As far as I am concerned he is any color a kid wants to think he is. I guess you would correct them. Don't be a Scrooge.
edit on 21-12-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join