It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News anchor declares that 'Jesus and Santa are 'verifiably white'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Ignorance comes in many forms. What I would say is that my particular interest in this subject matter lies squarely at the feet of Jesus Christ. Simply put, the fellow was not a strictly white man, he was middle eastern and they are not the same thing at all. He probably did not have massive long hair, and if he had a beard, it probably was not the fishermans special which he is often depicted as having in popular western art images containing representations of him.

As an amusing aside, Sherlock Holmes, the famous character written by Arthur Conan Doyle, was never described in the authors works, as explicitly wearing a deerstalker hat, an image which is none the less associated strongly with the character, due to the illustrations of the character by Sidney Paget in the Strand Magazine.

You can see then, that in just the time it took for the stories to be serialised and offered up for print, that the character was altered by the perception of the illustrator. Imagine then the vast artistic licence that crops up after a tale of a healer man passes clear across from the middle east to the south of Europe, not to mention the political machinations of the time that might have lead to more accurate representations of Christ being hidden away or destroyed as contentious!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
who cares what "color" He was.

He is Your color! lol!

black white or purple.

megan was making a point.

perry is a whack-job.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Since when did news anchors, let alone Fox news anchors gain credibility in the realms of "truth"?

By the way, Im looking forward to watching anchorman 2.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by Boadicea

Sadly the description that have been used by the church came after the fact, none of the people that lived in the time of the man "name Jesus" by the church even wrote about him while he was alive...

That was exactly my thoughts when I began to research this years ago. My common sense told me that Jesus must have looked like the Middle Eastern people of today. I was pretty shocked at what I found at first. Then I dug deeper. I was even more shocked. Now all I really know for sure is that I don't know! So I just keep reading...

The first two quotes I posted were actually written while Jesus was alive -- but by Romans in Judea to Rome; one the Governor of Judea, and the other by Pontius Pilate. The writings of the Roman historians are fascinating as well. I would so love to have free reign in the Vatican Library... just imagine what could be found!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
People always take facts bend and distort them to suit there own needs all you have to do is look at the comments people are leaving

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

PharaohSmiff
People always take facts bend and distort them to suit there own needs all you have to do is look at the comments people are leaving

Sounds like you are describing "History".
People are entitled to their "opinions".

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

facts and opinions are not the same thing when some one makes a statement and calls it a fact and its not it becomes a lie

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You really think Fox hired her for her 'Journalistic' assets?

Nopes.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Its funny but after reading this thread, all I could think of was this...

Oh Monty Python when will you ever NOT be relevant ie its all an utterly pointless argument... who gives a damn what he looked like, its what he supposedly was trying to say that was important.
but who cares its all about the shoe, or the gourd...

My brother told me about this yesterday, whats more funny in my opinion is that the idiot woman (not bashing any gender with that term) was in a sideways fashion implying Santa was fact.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

facelift
reply to post by Horus12

Fox News anchor declares that 'Jesus and Santa are 'verifiably white'

Funny how many people get worked up over skin color - especially considering we are talking about two fictitious characters.

Tha'ts what I was thinking. Who gives a #. They're both not real.

I'm actually disappointed this is even up for discussion on ATS.

edit on 15-12-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
People shouldn't be so serious about fictional characters

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Xcathdra

phinubian
reply to post by Horus12

Who really cares ? and why would an iconaclast think any different at this stage of the game ? thanks Fox News and if not Fox thanks Megan Kelly for bringing something completely irrelevant to the news as usual.

Her bringing it up is no more completely irrelevant than it is for people to be talking about it.

If we look at history, we see Jesus and Santa as white. Are they?

Since one is a myth and the other is Santa... j/k

Who cares.. People are free to believe what they want.

I was so thinking the same thing there is actually more evidence for santa existing!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

>>>> I'd love to meet an Angel( not a fallen one and not to be in dire peril). Would it matter to me what they look like? No. Any race, any gender, any appearance. As far as Jesus, I've always assumed he was darker ( and probably shorter)than the light skinned honey blonde blue eyed man I saw depicted. Again, it doesn't matter. Maybe you can choose your appearance in Heaven or maybe it doesn't matter.
Santa can be portrayed by a number of different caricatures. Is he sprightly and wizened or obese?
I don't think it really matters, let people choose what they want and let mainstream public sentiment dictate popular depictions of Santa. I wouldn't expect to see a Nordic or red haired Aladdin or Sinbad but if somebody wanted to do it, fine.
If they did a movie on Hiawatha I wouldn't want to see an African American or Asian or Caucasian actor portray him. Likewise King Arthur shouldn't be other than white. They could do it, I suppose. Its all about story continuity and presentation.
I remember the big Trekkie debate about a black Vulcan( LOL) on Voyager. To me it made no difference, a black Vulcan was perfectly reasonable. I thought Tuvok was a very lame character, though. Man, that showed sucked.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

She prob got her"education" at some southen christian "college".

You guys in america really need to stop putting these nutz on public display :p

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I just found something interesting... This IS Wikipedia, so take it for what you will. Sometimes, they are dead accurate on basic bio info and sometimes they couldn't carry a tune with a sheet of music and a conductor to help.

This rings fairly true to what I've heard about Kelly in the past though.

Following her graduation from Albany Law School in 1995, Kelly was an associate in the Chicago office of law firm Bickel & Brewer LLP, during which time she co-wrote an article for the American Bar Association's journal, Litigation, called "The Conflicting Roles of Lawyer as Director".[10] She later joined Jones Day for nine years, where she served as an attorney for credit bureau Experian.

I'd thought I recalled her being college educated and with a degree of some sort. So she got her Bar Card and is an Attorney among other things. Well, maybe she would be more successful in Law? She sure doesn't engage the brain she obviously has when it comes to her day job. This isn't the only BIG BIG screw up she's made, but it takes a big cake for effort.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yes.. .. these two invisible, make believe people are white? Forgive her for she is blond.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I demand verifiable proof of Jesus and Santa Claus! There is absolutely NO archeological evidence of either. At least I have SEEN a UFO! ( tongue in cheek) Satire intended...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Rockpuck
reply to post by Horus12

Saint Nicholas was white, he was of Greek ethnicity. He was also a midget, he was only 4 feet 11 inches tall.

Jesus was also white, as he was a Semite in the Levant region of the Middle East. He would have been darker than a Northern European for sure, but Semites are still white.

thank you I was looking for the race of the semites, I did find an article claiming Jews are a race a while back though

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

blupblup
There are TWO threads on this crap??

Oh come on.... LOL

Sheesh...
edit on 13/12/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Raises hand , I am olive complected and have hair down to my waist the texture of Diana Ross`s.

and yes Jesus would have practiced Judaism, he taught in the temple, and was called rabbi.
edit on 113131p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join