It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Kills 4; Judge LITERALLY Lets Him Off Because He is Rich!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

parad0x122
Well, I think I just threw up in my mouth.

This is that little rich ass's "prison". Sometimes I'm ashamed to be an American

O look it has a swimming pool. But its not olympic size! The horror! He not getting a full size swimming pool! That cruel and unuseal punnishment right?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by redhorse

this kid is PRIME example why we must destroy every multi-millionaire and their HEIRS..

this kid will have more wealth and power than a MILLION decent working men,

And he will NEVER have to work, only hire a bunch of slime bag accountants and lawyers..

then he will GET RICHER off of investing in commodities that we buy daily. WE will be PUTTING money in this sleaze bag's pocket for life!

Read the post a few above mine. The kid isn't super rich, but let's not let facts get in the way of class warfare.

You would destroy someone who has more than you? That's just as disgusting as the excess some people indulge in and crap some people do to the little guy. Just because someone is successful in life does not make them evil.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Unity_99

But an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth only makes the whole world blind.

That statement is a miss direction and have always been a miss direction of the truth. Instant direct karma for an action where a person directly sees the damage to self from the action to others, would make it a evolutionary trait to treat others like yourself because your well being is depending on other peoples well being.

It becomes a evolutionary suicide to not follow the golden rule if true eye for an eye is practised. I wanna see a single priest judge someone to stoning for adultery when the priest himself will be stoned by his ruling.

I know you want people to learn without suffering and are looking at all in a beautiful way and I love that you do that. But I am sorry, some people need to suffer hell on a very high level, to learn the lesson and will not learn anything without it. There is a reason the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I wish it was otherwise.
edit on 13-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Remorse does not even begin to describe the sensation, and I know this because I saw him in the street, before the court date, and after the incident. I have known the man since I was two years old, and the look in his eyes was an awful thing to see. It was so bad, I gave the fellow a bro hug, and I had not done that since I was five.

For some doing damage to others are a worse damage to themselves (mind/spirit) than any physical thing that can be done to them, since it changes their self view of what they are and have strived to be.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Isn't it funny how class warfare is only a thing when the poor are critical of the rich and not when prigs like Stu Varney show their utter disain for anybody under them in the class structure.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

1- I understand, and agree with modified sentencing for psychological reasons. I believe intent is an important element of being "guilty" of a crime, as is understanding right from wrong.

But this is way, way too far. And not understanding consequences (or being able to associate "okay, I, personally will face consequences for this") is not the same thing as not understanding right from wrong. And I do not feel that believing one is, or should be "above consequence" is a valid defense.

As such, this verdict is an insult to the justice system. Sorry.. I should say "the legal system" since it rarely seems "just" anymore.

2- With crap like this:

This was the argument, mind you, used in the defense:

He said Couch got whatever he wanted. As an example, Miller said Couch's parents gave no punishment after police ticketed the then-15-year-old when he was found in a parked pickup with a passed out, undressed 14-year-old girl. Miller also pointed out that Couch was allowed to drive at 13. He said the teen was emotionally flat and needed years of therapy. At the time of the fatal wreck, Couch had a blood alcohol content of .24, said Tarrant County Sheriff Dee Anderson. It is illegal for a minor to drive with any amount of alcohol in his or her system.

No wonder many mega-wealthy people don't seem to give half a fart whether their business practices are hurting the country, or taking advantage of thousands, or millions of people, so long as they personally benefit. They're raising sociopaths. And they know it. This has to stop.

I predict if the trends I'm seeing in society continue, we will one day see an all-out class war.

You 1%-ers out there better make sure you're paying your security guys very well to inspire loyalty, for when that day comes. Because there is a lot of contempt for this kind of thing out there. It's gone too far, for too long. And now, they're more or less literally getting away with murder because they're rich.

Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The world needs a reset.

If anyone finds it..... PRESS THE BIG RED BUTTON.

Sickly stuff.
edit on 13-12-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

My God, what's this country coming to?

You're right, the "do nothings" of the country would rather write paragraphs of disgust on a message board. I swear, they almost sound like scripted monologues for concerned plebs.

He killed 4 and completely destroyed several lives and gets a slap on the wrist, and that's perfectly acceptable to you. Nice going.

Maybe you came to that conclusion that I condone this in your wildest dreams, wild dreams, right?

Do what? Stand in front of the judge's home and yell at him from the street? Give me this family's money and you can bet your life I could do something. As I said, money is power.

Pretty self explanatory & this nullified everything you've said. Unfortunately that ridiculous defense prevailed, Judge ruled, it's done. But you've got a plan, right? I hope so, since replying isn't fruitful for your cause.

maybe you're missing the point. What can you do to make it right? [/b ] Not what would you do.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is a sign of the times and a worrying one.

The reason that we have a third party justice system is to avoid lynching and blood feuds. Its a basic necessity for a civilised society. Its necessary for sentencing to be impartial, proportionate and be seen to be so.

When the rich can act with impunity and the poor are herded into the arms of a for profit prison industrial complex the system has collapsed. In such conditions you may as well seek what justice you can with your own force of arms.

It goes without saying thats leading to a very dark place.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

can the families sue the judge? for the stress (mental anguish) that ruling must have caused"???????

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hope this family gets crippled by civil suits, they may be able to pay to get their kid off, but they better pay up to the families they ruined forever...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wow, seriously?!?!? This kid goes out and kills 4 people, severely injures 2 more people and yet he only gets 10 years probation??? Really?!?!?

That just goes to show what the problem with the USA is, MONEY BUYS YOUR WAY OUT OF EVERYTHING!!! Now what gets me is the fact that this kid got off with basically murder because his parents are rich. Kinda makes one think if a poor person went out and killed someone, would they be able to get away with it because of their poverty status???

Makes me sick to think that this is what my country is coming too, and now I can proudly admit that I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

The facist like regime of the US Government has us too scared to do anything about it.
I am beyond upset by this, and would protest, but if I do I am scared I will be arressted, or worse.

The elite have taken over and it will take young people to awaken from thier slumber to fix it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Money buys very good attorneys.

Lack of money results in a poor attorney, or none at all.

Perhaps a judge may be paid off, though I have no idea about that.

Not to mention you do need to pay legal fees to the courts also, which isn't cheap. Furthering the advantage to the rich.

Off course a rich spoiled kid gets off. Why throw them in jail when they have such a "bright" future ahead of them with all of that money.

And if you look at someone who comes from a poor neighborhood, they'll have less sympathy being thrown in jail. People think that it probably would've been a matter of time. Hey, they didn't have much else going for them did they?

I'm getting tired of rich scumbags who just want all for themselves and none for others. Although, not all rich people are like that. But it seems like it's far to common. It's just a self absorbed hoarding disorder if you ask me. Devoting their lives to collecting pieces of paper, which in reality have no real value. It's just a synthetic value printed on it. And only gets it's value in relation to how many others are around.

Something is very wrong with our society. Hell, it's been this way for thousands of years now. People have been deceiving, exploiting, and manipulating others for thousands of years. And it appears to be the norm now. Just look at how our economy operates. People gamble in the stock market hoping their company gets more money than the other companies. And they could care less if their counterparts go out of business. in fact that's their wet dream. Our system is based of profit from other peoples suffering or misfortunes.

It's just wrong. And nobody seems to care. Everyone is worried about themselves, rather than the bigger picture. And when they come for you, no one will be there to stick up for you. You'll be on your own.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What is the difference between this kid and the fellow in this article?
www.komonews.com...

This guy got 18 years for killing a family while driving drunk.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

research100
reply to post by justwokeup

can the families sue the judge? for the stress (mental anguish) that ruling must have caused"???????

No I don't believe so. I think unless you can show the judge has acted illegally then state immunity applies. Then again, i'm not a lawyer. Others may know better.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Essentially, it sounds to me like this judge ruled that this childs upbringing brought upon the conditions that caused these deaths. These wealthy parents.

Sounds like its time for a Wrongful Death lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have been thinking long and hard. And I hate to say this as vigliantsim and the death penatly make me uncomfortable.

BUT

The kid needs to die.

Or

The judge.

A message to the elite needs to be sent, a VERY clear message. That the people wont stand for this.

Moaning, new paper articals and even law suits wont reach them, they will ignore like they always do.

No a clear and brutal message needs to be sent, one they can not ignore.
edit on 13-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You mention a message that needs to be sent. It has been long long before you posted. It is called the golden rule, he who has it rules.
Remain calm, it'll all go to hell if you don't.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by soficrow

Thats the thing.

Id be more lenient and be willing to call it accident due to stupidty and be more in favour of therapy if that was standard for everyone.

But the fact is if it was a poor or middle class kid they would be tried as adult and locked up for 20+ years.

Same treatment FOR ALL.

OK you have another crime involved lesser but non the least a crime they stole the liquor from a Walmart now understand that this same judge sentenced a 14 yrs old to 10yrs for getting into a fight and the other kid fell and hit his head causing death, this kid was not afflicted by the Affluenza decease,one more thing as more Americans fall below middle classdom, they will feel wrath of the system baring down on them just for being poor ..Blk and other minority folks have been telling you this for quite sometime now. The Hunger Games are here.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join