It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people actually question the motive of mainstream music?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

For a long time now I have questioned the music industry and the celeb culture as a whole...
I agree to an extent that its got a great deal to do with making money..of course it does.
But music itself, since the beginning of time, has had purposes of aiding trance states and rituals, music alters moods and mindsets, it can bring back memories and enhance fantasy as well as energize and sooth..what better tool for anyone to use against another to gain a certain level of mind control? People today worship these 'artists' and hold them in unnervingly high regards..im sure we have all met an obsessed teenager or two who get far too excited over a boy band for instance..how about those times you get a loop of a song stuck in your head completely out of the blue? sometimes its so annoying you have to look up the song and play it..the music industry I strongly believe, is using its abilities to whatever ends they deem important. Money, Power and/or a much darker agenda..
edit on 14-12-2013 by kuruptedtessa because: punctuation correction lol

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

kuruptedtessa
reply to post by Kitora

For a long time now I have questioned the music industry and the celeb culture as a whole...
I agree to an extent that its got a great deal to do with making money..of course it does.
But music itself, since the beginning of time, has had purposes of aiding trance states and rituals, music alters moods and mindsets, it can bring back memories and enhance fantasy as well as energize and sooth..what better tool for anyone to use against another to gain a certain level of mind control? People today worship these 'artists' and hold them in unnervingly high regards..im sure we have all met an obsessed teenager or two who get far too excited over a boy band for instance..how about those times you get a loop of a song stuck in your head completely out of the blue? sometimes its so annoying you have to look up the song and play it..the music industry I strongly believe, is using its abilities to whatever ends they deem important. Money, Power and/or a much darker agenda..

Absolutely indeed.

Why is there any argument?

All anyone has to do is note the lyrics of a huge number of "popular" "songs" these days.

They are straight from the pit of hell.

. . . seducing all they can to go there for a long time . . . .

THEN ADD TO THAT the many stories of musical stars . . . with bits and pieces to outright confessions of being coerced into puppet status with the globalist oligarchy. I don't keep track of such things but some hereon would be better able to talk about that than I am.

That "moon walking" character . . . oh, right, Michael J . . . was just one of many such.

Some have reported outright having to make a literal pact with the literal devil to gain their stardom.

Wake-up folks.

This ain't Kansas any longer.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN
[more
Yup..its a pretty long list of the ones who have come out and mentioned it, some outright, some hint at it..Michael Jackson, Eminem, JayZ ,Beyonce, Rihanna, shakira, pitbull..just off the top of my head..so the list of those who haven't made it public but have been approached id imagine would be longer..the radio and MSM assists in the brainwashing by constant repetitions of 'the song of the moments'..

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Spookybelle

A few years ago kids had their Back Street Boys and Mariah Carey, today its Miley Cyrus or Justin Beiber, tomorrow it will be some new names and new faces doing their own hand gestures and the new youth swallowing it up.

Mariah Carey is nothing like Miley Cyrus and BSB are nothing like Justin Beiber. I think that is the whole point. Stars of today are a whole different reality. Stars when I was a kid were Debbie Gibson and New Kids On The Block. When I listen to their music compared to today's pop music it's so much more teen friendly. Music today is vulgar at any age. It's insane and I would never let my child listen to half the crap out there today.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

I completely agree with you.

I don't listen to the radio anymore. There is never anything on but the same 5-10 songs. I remember when all stations were a genre of music. Now they have all blended and the hip hop stations play Taylor Swift and the "oldies" stations play 2yr old songs from Britney. I use to love when you had to wait all day to hear your favorite song. Now your favorite song can annoy you within one day it's played so much. I use internet radio now and play what I want to hear.

As for the "agenda" behind music. Sure fame and money. I think many celebs have "sold" their 'souls" to get where they are. I also think many at some point realize it and have "break downs" because they can't deal with what their life is or has become. Read about Britney Spears and heck even Miley lately is making off the wall comments about how she is not right in the head basically.

I think it's all about control, fame and money of course. TOday's music is far different that what i remember music to be but then again I'm just older right?

IDK all I know is that music is different and it seems stars will do anything today to stay in the spot light. I mean look at Miley's "transformation." CRAZY.

Here are some links to interesting music conspiracy articles on Vigilant Citizen.'
Miley Cyrus 2013 VMA performance
Music Business...Vigilant Citizen

You want to see some good "conspiracies" in music. Check out the Music Business link above.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

kuruptedtessa
reply to post by BO XIAN
[more
Yup..its a pretty long list of the ones who have come out and mentioned it, some outright, some hint at it..Michael Jackson, Eminem, JayZ ,Beyonce, Rihanna, shakira, pitbull..just off the top of my head..so the list of those who haven't made it public but have been approached id imagine would be longer..the radio and MSM assists in the brainwashing by constant repetitions of 'the song of the moments'..

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

The mind-numbing . . . virtually literally . . . of the destructive lyrics as well as the hypnotic effects of some of the beats and melodies . . . horrific.

And folks "suck it up" literally--paying for it even--paying to be seduced, spiritually poisoned; emotionally poisoned; relationally poisoned; . . . worse than paying to have one's lungs filled with drugged trash.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

INDEED.

I nearly . . . well, I do cringe . . . when the Beatle's IMAGINE comes on. What a stinking pile of existential trash from hell.

Yet, for millions, it's dearer and truer to their . . . undiscerning . . . minds and hearts than God Himself.

And there's 10's of thousands of "songs" as bad or worse since then.

We've gone from raw, numbing, irrational nihlism to out-right satanism . . . brazenly so.

And folks PRETEND it doesn't matter? What idiocy!

Folks pretend that "it's just being cool and popular."

What cluelessness.

That's like the Eloi thanking the Morlachs for the chance to descend into the caverns and crawl up on the dinner platters as the main course. Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

You are dead on sir , I agree.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitora

I don´t question these #s anymore. I know exactly what this bull# industry is about. I just wish everybody did the same as me. Pretend these narcissistic idiots don´t exist and boycott everything they do.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Thealienvisitor
reply to post by Kitora

I don´t question these #s anymore. I know exactly what this bull# industry is about. I just wish everybody did the same as me. Pretend these narcissistic idiots don´t exist and boycott everything they do.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

HOWEVER . . . to cite an old issue . . .

most folks' self worth . . . from inadequate parenting--particularly poor fathering . . . back likely several generations . . .

has left certainly youth desperate for

1. affirmation--even cheap, shallow affirmation that APPEARING to be cool, modern, with-it, hip, etc. affords

2. feeling like part of 'the group' . . . whatever the group is shallowly, stupidly defined as . . . it's as close as many get to feeling part of a FAMILY.

3. as the above--a SENSE OF BELONGING--one of the most powerful motivators around.

Given that . . . I wouldn't expect things to change.

I'm going to experiment with 2-3 young bucks I know from the college . . . one sports a ton of tatoos . . . skulls etc. . . . when I asked what the source of such a motif was . . . he said . . . his former "b**ch" girlfriend." Evidently he felt horribly toyed with, abused, trashed, shredded by her. He listens to a lot of dark music.

Another couple of lads of similar young adult age aren't so heavily into the satanism theme but they are avid suck-ups--particularly one of them--to the "popular" "music."

I'm going to see what their responses are to the information. They'll probably just write it off as a crazy old coot's opinion.

It would be nice to have some printable info that concisely documented and outlined the realities. Anyone know of such?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Thealienvisitor

Though, in terms of the narcissism . . . witness the Narcissist/Destroyer-in-chief in D.C. . . .

it's a shallow, hollow, desperate condition. They search vainly for validation and confirmation as persons of worth

--in all the wrong places;
--in all the wrong ways;
--with all the wrong people;
--doing all the wrong things;
--for very screwy reasons;
--to very screwy ends.

And they continually come up EMPTY.

So they up the ante . . . witness Madonna . . . what was shocking is now ho hum . . . so more shocking . . . more shallow, more horror, more outrage . . . it's endless.

Just like a desperate quest for MORE alcohol or other drugs or
MORE and more exciting sex . . . failing to GROK that their partner is merely using them as a fancy vibrator and cares not a whit about their real person, heart, being.

And exceedingly desperate.

So . . . yeah, narcissism is likely a fitting label . . . but it can be misleading.

It's always hollow.
It's always empty.
It's always desperate.
It's always a vain and futile effort toward significance, feeling worthwhile . . . even loved.

It doesn't take stars long to realize that today's worshiping fan is tomorrow's attacker or thief or stalker or whatever. . . . or worse to some views . . . tomorrow's 'forgotten their name.'

Yeah, they are narcissists . . . hollow puffed up balloons.

With painful bloats of hot fetid air within vs any substance of character.

edit on 14/12/2013 by BO XIAN because: additioni

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Best to just cancel any Disney Channel you might have now.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I am here to sincerely apologize for this post. It was uncalled for, and I should not have ruined what has been an intelligent debate with that post. I linked back to it, but out of embarrassment I rather not repost it in full.

Some of the points I made in that post I still stand by, but the name calling and unpleasant demeanor is what I am apologizing for. I could have expressed my opinion in a much more mature fashion.

I am sorry fellow ATS thread members.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sure, money could be a motive, but claiming that money is the only issue at hand here seems a little off. Especially since music is far from the only place where this type of symbolism takes place. For instance: A few months back, right before we switched to the IBAN bank numbers. My (the dutch) government started demanding fingerprints to be given when buying a new passport/id/drivers licence.. And as if an rfid chip in my passport wasn't enough, guess what they printed on my new drivers licence.. My new drivers licence (Scroll down for the english translation). And just the other day, while zapping the idiot box, i came across a dutch tv show, (which is more like a parody on dutch tv shows) in which the host visited a seemingly quite wealthy man, who went on to explain in detail how the banksters are basically stealing money, and how the NWO could very well be a real threat.. And the whole time the host was subtly making fun of the guy, laughing at him. The whole ordeal just left me a bit confused.. Which is what im getting at.. They're no longer hiding in plain sight.. They're taunting in plain sight.. They're making fun of themselves.. But it's easy to see this is more than some global prank. It leaves us either more sceptical, confused, or losing our minds. It's like they're screaming for attention.. And it just leaves me asking "why?" Maybe it's mind control, maybe it's a distraction, or maybe it's simply self glorification because whoever "they" are, they sure are arrogant. (sorry for not making paragraphs.. I wrote this on my phone)
edit on 16-12-2013 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't believe in secret societies such as Illuminati or any over-arching artistic control system, I don't believe in an absolute over-arching motive behind the entire music industry.

Of course mystical symbols come out in art! They are etched in our collective unconscious. They will come out in art whether we want them to or not. The conscious mind doesn't call the shots. It likes to think it does, however.

Trying to repress or control or manipulate archetypal, mystical symbols is like squeezing the end of a sausage. The other end just bulges to compensate.

The archetypal symbols are easy to see in art. They are not so easy to interpret, and they don't interpret themselves. Neither do facts.

When someone uses words like 'demonic' and 'Illuminati' in trying to make sense of them, they are instantly discredited in my eyes. Not that they should care. But things just aren't that simple.

Man and His Symbols

edit on 16-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
OP the answer to your problem is to turn off the radio. That's what I did. Don't get me wrong, I still listen to music, and new bands at that. However, I have learned how to find the good music. It still exists, it is just harder to find. But people like you who see through the terribleness of pop music need to start seeking out these bands.

The answer to all of this is live music. Live music is really the litmus test of greatness. If they can entertain a crowd of people without the "magic" of autotune, lip syncing, or any of the other gimmicks studio performers do to try to entertain people live, then it would be worth investing in their music. I recognized the decline in popular music a LONG time ago and turned off the radio. Even rock stations are guilty of this.

If you are true fan of music, support local and live music. Concerts are how the musicians make money anyways. Also, it helps if the musicians and bands don't mind piracy or recording their concerts. Here is a list of artists who allow taping of their music. You can click on any of those bands and download large amounts of music. live band list Don't worry it's all totally free music and 100% legal. Notice that many of the bands on that list don't show up on the radio (except maybe a college radio station here or there)?
edit on 16-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
OP the answer to your problem is to turn off the radio. That's what I did. Don't get me wrong, I still listen to music, and new bands at that. However, I have learned how to find the good music. It still exists, it is just harder to find. But people like you who see through the terribleness of pop music need to start seeking out these bands.

The answer to all of this is live music. Live music is really the litmus test of greatness. If they can entertain a crowd of people without the "magic" of autotune, lip syncing, or any of the other gimmicks studio performers do to try to entertain people live, then it would be worth investing in their music. I recognized the decline in popular music a LONG time ago and turned off the radio. Even rock stations are guilty of this.

If you are true fan of music, support local and live music. Concerts are how the musicians make money anyways. Also, it helps if the musicians and bands don't mind piracy or recording their concerts. Here is a list of artists who allow taping of their music. You can click on any of those bands and download large amounts of music. live band list Don't worry it's all totally free music and 100% legal. Notice that many of the bands on that list don't show up on the radio (except maybe a college radio station here or there)?
edit on 16-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)
Ofcourse we can choose not to listnen to popular music, but most of the youth is so engulfed in it they will never make that choice. Our choice doesn't matter anymore. It's not about choosing.. It's about asking why the entertainment industry/media is so dead set on encouraging all the bad things they encourage.. Because it's obvious that this goes way beyond money. Why?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
When I was a kid it was all Slade and Bay City Rollers and ELO and Donny Osmond. But also Bruce Springsteen and Deep Purple and Jethro Tull.

And today, I still buy new recordings by Bruce Springsteen and Deep Purple and Jethro Tull ......

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Skaffa
Sure, money could be a motive, but claiming that money is the only issue at hand here seems a little off. Especially since music is far from the only place where this type of symbolism takes place. For instance: A few months back, right before we switched to the IBAN bank numbers. My (the dutch) government started demanding fingerprints to be given when buying a new passport/id/drivers licence.. And as if an rfid chip in my passport wasn't enough, guess what they printed on my new drivers licence.. My new drivers licence (Scroll down for the english translation). And just the other day, while zapping the idiot box, i came across a dutch tv show, (which is more like a parody on dutch tv shows) in which the host visited a seemingly quite wealthy man, who went on to explain in detail how the banksters are basically stealing money, and how the NWO could very well be a real threat.. And the whole time the host was subtly making fun of the guy, laughing at him. The whole ordeal just left me a bit confused.. Which is what im getting at.. They're no longer hiding in plain sight.. They're taunting in plain sight.. They're making fun of themselves.. But it's easy to see this is more than some global prank. It leaves us either more sceptical, confused, or losing our minds. It's like they're screaming for attention.. And it just leaves me asking "why?" Maybe it's mind control, maybe it's a distraction, or maybe it's simply self glorification because whoever "they" are, they sure are arrogant. (sorry for not making paragraphs.. I wrote this on my phone)
edit on 16-12-2013 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

Its normalisation. Pure and simple.
We are slowly but surely being desensitized to violence, sex, greed & drugs.
We are being reduced to our base instincts, then we behave like animals and can be trained easier. Just spark high emotion and blam, the people start asking TPTB to punish them some more. Slaves that ask for their own punishment.
Thats where we are at right now. The poor are being made poorer, the disabled are losing their homes, we are divided on rich vs poor, old vs young, male vs female, native vs immigrant, employed vs unemployed, middle class vs working class, black vs white, gay vs straight. Its a wonder anyone gets along with anyone else.
edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmMon, 16 Dec 2013 16:19:46 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There is a deeper meaning behind a lot of songs, that a lot of people don't know about. If you look at Pearl Jams video " do the Evolution" ( I haven't seen it in ten years) there is a woman dressed in black dancing holding a skull then the skull is on her face, people are hooked up to TV s in cubicles. Lots of crazy imagery, it was animated by Todd McFarlane of comic book fame Spawn and Spider Man. Also Jeremy, heard on a later Pearl Jam album he said " I wrote a song about hearing of something like this awhile ago".

If you look at recent stuff the last ten years, not like Rolling Stones " Paint it Black" or Metallicas " Enter Sandman" off the black album for imagery or symbolism like what are they talking about....maybe something deeper. There has been a lot of references to an underground character that is mainly unknown. P.O.D. Cd Satellites has " underground songs to blaze armagettyon" on album not cd. On " Messenjah" says " Make way" over and over again almost like Nirvanas song " rape me" i dont know if they tried to sample or use metaphors. Lots of darker maybe occult influences. Also on end of album says " been thinking a lot about forever," and other stuff , the band is very religious and I think named themselves, P.ush O.n D.eath.

Possibly build up to something around the Millenium. This is possibly something the government made them do,or the powers that be or illuminati an old idea they probably shouldn't of went through with.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join