It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real or Fake or really good CGI?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It's okay if you don't agree with this person, but can't you be a little nicer while you're doing it?

He says he does CGI for a living, so maybe he has something interesting to add to the conversation.
edit on 12-12-2013 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

MRuss
reply to post by Domo1

It's okay if you don't agree with this person, but can't you be a little nicer while you're doing it?

He says he does CGI for a living, so maybe he has something interesting to add to the conversation.
edit on 12-12-2013 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

He almost has to be lying. I'm just some guy who downloaded 3ds max (without hardly any training), and I could almost certainly make something like this, on ZERO budget. Star Trek is one thing, but this isn't even close to that quality.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

I have to agree.
This :
features.cgsociety.org...
is an amateur CGI.
A very good one, for sure, but an amateur one nevertheless.
You can't tell me that OP's UFO video is more impressive than that.
Besides, I'm not a CGI professional , but I know how to use 3DS Max for example, and I also know some real 3D artists...and I'm positive, too, that you would'nt need billions of dollars to make such a CGI.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Aww look at that, the alien even waved to the camera.

edit on 12-12-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

Aww look at that, the alien even waved to the camera.

There is actually a second alien close to the ship and the first one might be giving him a signal that it`s time to go.

Now why would people just reading comments and dismiss it without even thinking twice and with their own mind is beyond me. If anyone tries to hide something, he had to do it in the past, but not anymore because now we just dismiss everything we see.

I`m not going to say that it is real and also not going to say that it`s not. All I can say that it looks too good to be true. Maybe because it`s 100% fake or 100% real.

Now if it`s real, I ll tell why would person filming it forgot to zoom in. Probably because his heart-beat was close to exploding. Imagine that you see this thing for real...you would definitely not be calm and when your heart-rate is increased because of fear you cannot think straight, but you become more like animal, depending on your instinct. Next thing if real is the one alien waving which you can read above what might have really happened. Also we have never seen alien technology so how can we know how it would look like when taking off. People seem to dismiss it simply because they had never seen it. Of course you can fake it, but how could you compare it to the real thing if you had never seen the real thing...Just saying...

And if it`s fake, I can imagine why would anyone do that and post it to youtube. He or she actually might have done a very good job, because we are here discussing it. I`m no expert on the CGI, but would challange expert to make a replica and tell me how much effort, time and resources had to put into it. And then let us be the judge...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
LOL you can see the CGI element 'sliding' against the background plate. Nice try from an amateur AFX student. Will good on your reel bro

reply to post by severdsoul

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Not at all, you can do it all on your desktop for free. Maya/3DS Max and After Effects. Only he didn't motion track this very well, you can see a slight 'shift/slide' of the UFO's bad motion tracking solution. He needed to add a few more anchor points. Also note he never translated forward towards it, thats much harder to track in 3d space
LOL

blindIo
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

I have to agree.
This :
features.cgsociety.org...
is an amateur CGI.
A very good one, for sure, but an amateur one nevertheless.
You can't tell me that OP's UFO video is more impressive than that.
Besides, I'm not a CGI professional , but I know how to use 3DS Max for example, and I also know some real 3D artists...and I'm positive, too, that you would'nt need billions of dollars to make such a CGI.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That's so fake its stupid.

Sorry, but it is. As far as CGI goes, pretty dull. The ship darting up to the sky, is a bad effect, and a cheesy lensflare. All around terrible, and set's back the effort for finding true footage. FOR SHAME!

::slams door::

I do find it funny that little greys would just be hanging out in a great clearing, fixing their space ship, or takin a pee break, or whatever they do, in broad daylight. Even if they're 10k years ahead of us scientifically....i doubt they'd do that. But points for effort.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There are a lot of vociferous debunkers on this site, perhaps some of them are employed by our governments or shadow governments. It does make me ask one question. Suppose one day we get a real video of a UFO or aliens. Would the response really be any different? There will always be a chorus of voices denying the evidence. So it may be difficult to discern the truth from the fake in many cases.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

So glad you said that. Was just thinking that myself. But see, that's the perfect plan. Think back on Roswell.

"Holy sh*t we have a ufo. Get the camera's and the news, this is huge!" Gets a tap on the shoulder.
"This may not be a good idea..."
"Oh, you're right. D*mn, now we have to retract that statement. Ok, run with the weather balloon thing, that will suffice."
"You sure?"
"Well, look at it this way, whether they believe it or not, how many will truly believe there are flying saucers? They'll be considered crack pots, or off their rocker."

Point is, as SOON as doubt is introduced...its over. We all being human should understand the power of doubt, its crippling in almost every aspect.

REAL UFO!
Flood the people with fake ufo videos, or, let them make them themselves, that's enough to through a cosmic monkey wrench int the system in THEIR favor, and they never had to really do a thing....except issue a false statement. ;-)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Send to the Hoax bin.....

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynx1102

Yeah and sadly we are at the point where video evidence is no longer sufficient. I think a live appearance at the white house will be insufficient evidence once the holographic projectors are brought into play.

One thought might be some of the interesting DNA analysis they have done with the weird elongated skulls.
www.ancient-origins.net...

That sort of physical evidence could possibly be compelling.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Clear CGI Hoax. Should probably be in the Hoax forum at this point.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

SevenThunders
Suppose one day we get a real video of a UFO or aliens. Would the response really be any different?

Assuming that all we got was a video, no.

Anonymous photos and youtube videos in 2013 simply are NOT good evidence of anything of the magnitude of claiming alien spacecraft with aliens inside.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Pretty good CGI. The aliens at the end looked pretty bad. Can't wait till we have a Windows Phone with 41 Megapixel resolution video with a Bigfoot or UFO sighting. No more "blurry image" crap.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

No! He's known for his wild lies and exaggerations! I will not have his filthy lies spread further without resistance! Be careful lest he lure you into his web of deceit! He wants to corrupt you. Resist! Please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join