It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poopy Toddler Breath

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

You said something about a Naturopath. What is that if I may bug you about it?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

woodsmom

Are you insinuating that I'm a whack job?

No, but you just cant tell on ATS. For every gem there is a hundred turds.

woodsmom
If you will ever have kids you might understand,

Understand what? I just dont think medical advice from a conspiracy site is a great idea. If I have kids why will that change? Why will I flock to ATS to have the opinions of fruit loops and crazys?

woodsmom
if you don't go bankrupt from medical bills first.

Lucky I dont live in the USA.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

Some people just don't understand kids.
It's the best dirty thankless job that you will ever love. And yes it's our job to care for them, no matter what.

The adventures that they take us on are one of a kind, and keep life interesting every step of the way.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I could not agree more! I don't think I would ever be the happy man I am today without my little monster!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

LOL I feel that way now, (happy mom) that I survived them.
And they survived each other.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

He is a licensed natural herbal based physician. By law in my state my insurance even has to pay for his treatments. This was my first visit, I went in and sat and talked with him extensively. He paid attention to the vitamins that I already take and discussed them with me. The only time he even touched me was to take some blood, and it is the only time a blood draw has not hurt. He tested my iron levels in about 30 seconds right in front of me. He drew some blood for allergy testing and gave me a sampling kit for my adrenals. His assistant gave me a shot of iron and b12 and they sent me on my way with herbs and vitamins. I need a shot every week for a while, and I go back for results in a couple of weeks. Honestly, I am inclined to think that my iron level was the biggest issue I had and that everything else is secondary.

The MD's that I have seen only want to write a prescription and shoo me out of their office. Antibiotics are still their first choice, I had to explain to the last lady that I wasn't infected but needed to know what was wrong. She sent me on my merry way without any testing at all, her reasoning was that it would take 4 to 6 months after quitting smoking to stop having difficulty breathing. Apparently I wasn't getting enough oxygen because you need iron to carry the oxygen through your bloodstream.

Sorry to ramble, but I am very disenchanted with the traditional medical community.
I am a firm believer that we are capable of making informed choices on our own. Sometimes we need some help. It's a case by case basis. That's why I was comfortable pulling junk out of my boy's nose last night, and also why I searched out another medical option for myself.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I wonder if my state has any of these people. Thank you for the information and there was no need to apologize for the rambling! It was good insight thanks!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I still have 15 years to survive
I look forward to that lol. I am sure he will be thinking the same thing about me when he's 15 or 16.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Not a problem, maybe if more people seek out alternatives then they will be more widely available. It's my dream to become a master herbologist, but the munchkins come first. Maybe after they grow up, I have 15 years left myself.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

haha well I hope you survive the best you can and thank you for the information! Also I'd like to know if you could add me as a friend and message me any alternative herbals for practical use. If you find time and are willing I would very much appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I am not a physician, sorry. And while I enjoy discussing personal anecdotes and things that have worked for me, I would never presume that I know enough to treat anyone. I will encourage you to learn and research and study to be more informed on how to help your own family.

The best of luck to you and your little one!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
When my brother was about the same age he jammed up his nose with dead flies found on a windowsill. As my mom was extracting them she asked why he had done it. He answered that he thought they were raisins!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by igloo

Hahahaha! That is hilarious and gross all at the same time. I love the little boy reasoning that says the raisins are ok to stuff up the nose. It takes a special logic to deal with them some days.
Thank you for sharing that, it really is hilarious!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ha, ha!
This just gave me a flashback to something I had forgotten about!
I used to watch our grand twins while our daughter & son-in-law worked.
They must have been around 2 at the time.
I was helping our grandson with something while they were eating.
Out of the corner of my eye,
I just happened to see granddaughter stuff a pea in her nose,

But she was a fast stuffer, I found a few in there!
I pinched her nose shut so they couldn't get pushed farther in,
& got my pinky fingernail in behind them, one at a time, (not a very long nail!),
& flicked them out, except the last one which was too far in!

Our insurance cards have a phone number on the back,
to call in & ask a nurse questions. Wonderful perk!
So I called & explained what happened. She laughed...heard it many times before!
She told me the same thing...hold the other nostril closed & have her blow.
She was a little young, but she figured it out, only it didn't work.

Then she told me to get above the spot on the outside of her nose
where the pea was & 'milk' her nostril from the top down.
It worked! A slightly mashed pea came oozing out!

I asked her how I would know if got them all?
She said one could have gone into the sinus & eventually it would work it's way down,
or mucus would start draining from just one side, or it would start to smell!
She said it was nothing to get upset or worried about.
That was very reassuring!

We had 5 kids, but no nose or ear stuffers, thank goodness!
One of them did put the VCR remote into the tape slot on the VCR though!
Couldn't find it, thought one of the little ones must have thrown it in the garbage!
It never even gummed it up, still worked perfectly!
Only happened to find it when we picked up the VCR to move it,
& heard something rattle inside!

Kids! What they don't think of! Lol!
WOQ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join