It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Seek Spot Next To Ten Commandments Monument

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
FOX

OKLAHOMA CITY – In their zeal to tout their faith in the public square, conservatives in Oklahoma may have unwittingly opened the door to a wide range of religious groups, including satanists who are seeking to put their own statue next to a Ten Commandments monument on the Statehouse steps.

I honestly hope that this serves as a wake up call for those that demand their religion be front, center and intermixed with the State. As easily as a state or nation can be declared a Christian nation it can also be declared a Satanic nation... or Muslim or Hindu or Buddhist. Religion is a personal matter and one doesn't deserve prominence over another. So which shall we have? Governmental display of all or governmental display of none?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

First Amendment rights protect all religious beliefs. Let them have their monument. It doesn't threaten me in the least. I would be curious to see what it looked like.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

"I think these Satanists are a different group," Cleveland, R-Slaughterville, said. "You put them under the nut category."

Unlike other sane people who prays to a unproven unseen force that will protect them and let them live in paradise forever. Maybe they can get Marilyn Manson to do the dedication ceremony.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yep. Religious freedom applies to everyone, and if one group is allowed to display their dogma, all groups are allowed to display their dogma, and if in public, all right smack next to each other.

Theyll be uproar from the fundys, but sorry christians, "religious freedom" does not mean "christian theocracy", no matter how much youd like it to.

Id say sandwich the ten commandments right in between a big hulking statue of satan, and a big stone Quran or whatever the hell muslims would put up, just to push the point.

Hell, throw in a dreidel and an elephant god somewhere in the mix, too, just to make it all as absurd as possible.

edit on 12/9/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I do see the irony. I'm not an atheist, nor Christian nor any specific religion. I'm not anti-Christian either, I don't think what they believe is silly. I do however think it's silly to mix Church and State and that's what many Christians want. I think it's a bad idea to mix the two, like colossally bad but I agree with the poster below you, let's represent them all outside State Supreme courts in every state... let's fight absurdity with absurdity lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

And if Christians put up a Christmas tree on the statehouse lawn for the holidays, and Festivusians erect an aluminum pole, and the Santa worshipers throw up a fat man and eight reindeer, then the Satanists can put up a 10-foot statue looking something like this:

edit on 9-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Already posted Here

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

OneManArmy
Already posted Here

Thank You, I was just about to say the same thing...It was posted a few hours ago is all.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The other day there were 3 threads started an hour apart about the male and female brain being different. Exact same article and the MODS did not make them merge. What is up with that?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
ooops.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

kurthall

OneManArmy
Already posted Here

Thank You, I was just about to say the same thing...It was posted a few hours ago is all.

The other day there were 3 threads started an hour apart about the male and female brain being different. Exact same article and the MODS did not make them merge. What is up with that?

To be fair, they are only human, they cant be everywhere all at once.
That would make them God.

Besides they have been too busy deleting my posts. I think its my fault.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
May as well close the other thread and keep this one going, Mine somehow turned into a gun thread LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

First out of the gate is the way it goes with the exception of Breaking news forums. I'll alert this thread for closure.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

kurthall

OneManArmy
Already posted Here

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join