It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Pilot Wales Die and More Beached In Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Really sad to see, the poor wales.

I hope they can save the rest of them! Or have done by now! It's a few days old this news story.

Wales

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I live in Palm Beach County Florida, which is only 2 hours away from the Bahamas. We are directly across from the Bahamas. I've been living here for over 35 years, (all my life) And as of 5 years ago there has been some really weird things in the sky and some really weird things coming outta the water and diving in the water. (beach) There has been some mass beaching of whales and dolphins in the last 5 years. I do alot of Fishing and Boating as I've done all my life and know pretty much about everything that lives in the local waters and within the area. But lately, when we have been leaving to go fishing, (about 4 a.m.) and we get in the water and are already out by 5 and were about 3 to 5 miles out, you see some strange things in the sky towards the east. Like balls of orangish lights and bright white lights under the water that move around in crazy patterns that rise outta the water and take off in the sky! A lot of this stuff we keep to are selves cause if we told any one else, they would look at us like we have two heads! I've seen a lot of documentaries about UFO's and about underwater bases in the Bahamas. At first I was skeptical about everything I've heard and seen about the topic but, as of lately I have kept a open mind about all this.
Sometimes when were out we have seen Navy vessals and ships which is not common for our area but don't think much of it. Well the reason I bring this up is that the day before the mass beaching of whales in the Everglades, we saw Navy ships again about 10 miles out and were warned to stay away within a 5 mile radious of them. Which was odd. And another weird coincidence that had me thinking about, the same thing happend about 2 years ago in 2011. And then the next day there was a mass beaching of whales in Fort Peirce Florida which is only 30 miles up the coast from us. There has been some weird crap going on lately and I'm curious to know what is going on!
What do you think? I've heard that the Navy is doing some type of Sonar Testing and that's what is driving all the whales and dolphins to the shores. I wonder if there is any truth to this!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrCasas

Sounds very interesting. I wish I could say more, water stuff and so forth isn't a strong one for me. All I would say is that if this is happening a lot, take a camera with you! Get some photos and videos! That would be awesome!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

That's exactly what were gonna do next time out. I know there's a lot of skeptics on this site but, if they went fishing with us and saw what we've seen, they would have a totally different opinion! This I know for sure!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

brace22
Really sad to see, the poor wales.

I hope they can save the rest of them! Or have done by now! It's a few days old this news story.

Wales

whale...WHALE....wHale. theres an h.
edit on 8-12-2013 by colormeinsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by colormeinsane

whats wrong with you new members ? you do realize that this forum has members from all around the world maybe the member doesn't speak English very well , maybe its not his mother tongue like me , and i use spell checker when i post uh and yes i might as well suck at grammar , just give him credit for sharing some thing will you

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The size of the pod is larger than normal, but this really is not uncommon to have marine mammals toss up the white flag or make a wrong turn at Albuquerque, on either coast here. Back in October, for example, a sperm wale beached itself in Madeira Beach (west coast, near me here) In Tampa Bay, a huge Bryde's whale turned up dead in 2009. Although, if I remember correctly, baleens beach themselves with less frequency than toothed whales (like Pilots) That's a interesting factor to keep in mind.

Pilot whales seem to have a penchant for it, to be honest. There were beachings of pods in 2012, 2011, and all throughout the 90's that I'd heard of growing up here. The most infamous beaching was in 1977, with about 200 pilot whales taking a a detour up the Ft George River near Jacksonville. A huge number of them died there and it makes the Everglades stranding look meh. Here's a paper on that 1977 mass stranding.

I'm going to disagree with the east coast poster above, and say it probably has much less to do with the military, and much more to do with their social structure whether or not illness is not present. Monkey-see, money-do mentality, Oooh-shiny mentality, don't-question-your-leader mentality. Dunno, I don't speak whale, but the long history of whale beachings precedes our sonar & pollution contributions to the waters. The Flemish coast has a 500+ year history of beachings, for example (or are we going to blame yet-to-exist sonar & weird lights for that, too?) So it's not like it's something new, but dumping contaminants certainly wouldn't help any. If mercury and other heavy metals would bork a human brain, why does anyone think another species in immune to the effects? It's probably not the sole reason, but shouldn't be ignored if we're creating mentally compromised species because we're pigs.

I'd keep googling for other recent history beaching examples, but holy crap, article overload from this pod's beaching is insane. If anyone knows any tricks to wading through it for other events, be my guest.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Disagree? I only asked if there was any truth to what I heard. You may have misunderstood.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

MrCasas
reply to post by Nyiah

Disagree? I only asked if there was any truth to what I heard. You may have misunderstood.

Apologies, you are correct, I did misunderstand you. I thought you were asking if others agreed with you. I'm sorry if I made you feel put on the spot, it was reading comprehension error

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

It's quite all right,
No worries. I'm new here and become very interested with this site. But I've been reluctant to comment on most posts cause of ridicule about my education on the subject matter. And most of the people on here are so quick to judge and point out how ignorant one is for not knowing the facts of most topics. It's finely nice to interact with someone who politely apologized for a misunderstanding then jump down my throat for pointing it out! Lol! We are Floridians, we must stick together!

edit on 8-12-2013 by MrCasas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by colormeinsane

Oh my goodness. What a school boy error from me.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrCasas

Hey im a palm beach resident myself! Ill take you up on that offer!

All joking aside south florida is a weird place... coral castle, bermuda...im sure there is more interesting things goinng on here as well...

top topics

join