It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Booms in VA. (from ATSNN)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i did not do this. when i made these "bombs" i was in high school. i used chemicals so 15sec. over 3min. is posable but there could be secondary effects.

i had the cops come and ask me if was playing with pipe bombs. i did not lie i said no.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
are you going to post that sound recording you made for us?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alli3838
I know the kid that was arrested for these "booms". What I have gathered from the neighborhood talk is that this kid and a few others were using some kind of aluminum foil and Draino (or something like it) and closing it up in plastic bottles and throwing them in the sewage and/or rain drains. It apparently takes a little while before the pressure builds up enough for the bottles to explode. They learned how to do this over the internet. I never heard of anything like this, so if I got something wrong about it, sorry. I'm sure someone reading this probably knows more about the process than me. And, it doesn't take much to tell other kids in other cities in chat rooms etc. how to do the same thing. Silly prank, but I think the kid's in some serious trouble for it.

Very close to my first guess... Sewers amplify this effect quite a bit.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i will get the recording from work. i was on vacation last week im sure you under stand.

as for the workings of the noise bombs im pretty sure i shouldn't tell because the MODs would swam on me like flies on @$%*.

sorry

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
are you still hearing these 'booms' at all? I'm skeptical about some of these ideas, but kids playing a prank sounds like a coverup if i have ever heard one

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Since there is nothing to suggest that it wouldn't work like they are saying, what makes it a cover up? And a cover up of what?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Since there is nothing to suggest that it wouldn't work like they are saying, what makes it a cover up? And a cover up of what?

i know as a kid i or no one i knew would take the time to make some explosives that were so elaborate that they would detonate a few times in ten minutes as well as go on all night. i just seems to me blaming it on kids is an easy scapegoat to satisfy the publics questions. i still kind of think it's testing out of some sort of defensive equipment. it's just on to grand of a scale to be kids, if it just happened once or twice i would agree.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
the sound sounds alot like a heart beat and you feel it too. i yet agian told the FBI that was still hearing the noise where i live. they basicly told me where to go.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
ive got the sound but its a mp3 so if you what u2u me your email or AIM

its a really crappy recording

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'm from Richmond too, but not on the side where the booms can be heard. It's really freaking strange. The teen bombs thing smells like a BS coverup IMHO. Dragon I sent you a PM with my email address, I want that mp3 please!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
"Hear somthin strange....inya neighbourhood......who ya gonna call?"....

On a serious note, theres a place in pennsylvania I think, where the rocks "ring"! but you have to hit em with a hammer! lol

www.unexplainedearth.com...

[edit on 2-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I was woken up this morning at 5:30am to the sounds of thunder, but it wasn't thunder. It was another boom. This time it was a double, in quick succession.

Here is the news article.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
you now have to be able to tell the defferance between a shotgun report and anything else. deer season is in and some dumb people even "shine" deer.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This was not a shotgun blast. And there is no hunting in any part of the city.

There were 140 calls to 911 about the blasts this morning. Authorities believe that there were more kids involved in the blasts than had been arrested and that these blasts were possibly from those kids or other copycats.

[edit on 12/2/2004 by Azaz3l]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i have to say if this is a prank there is a adult behind them. buying the supplies for them. it would look a little weird for kids to be buying dry ice,tolitbowl cleaner, and tin foil. or if you want to go to the extrem gunpowder and cannon fuse. so while you look at whats needed to make one ask yourself would you sell the above supples to a kid?

kids are just take the heat for an adult. as a kid i know id rather have seen a mailbox blow up than wake someone up at 5:30am.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Dragon I got your email, but there is no attachment? Either you made a boo-boo, or hotmail wont let the attachment through. I replied to the email with my gmail account, could you resend it to there when you got free time? thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have been keeping up with this thread and am intreseted in what is going on. I have a family member in Roanoke VA and he has heard the booms. He also said that there was light news coverage.

Here is something I have found out too, Similar things were happening in Raleigh/Cary last week, turned out there is a wacko with a cannon that was firing it off.

I have also read the booms are happening in Indiana.

(Fort Wayne-November 10, 2004) - After about a month of silence, Fort Wayne's mysterious "boom" has returned.

"You can't describe it," said Helene Lilly, who heard it almost 10 times Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. "You think you're in a war."

Newschannel 15 and the Fort Wayne Police Department have each received dozens of phone calls about the noises. This time, the loudest ones seem to have come from near Parkview Hospital on eEst State Boulevard.

The people in that neighborhood said their houses were rocked and their windows were rattled repeatedly since Tuesday night. According to residents, there were four loud booms between 9:30 p.m. and midnight, and another round of four between 6 a.m. And 8:15 a.m. Wednesday.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by thehiatt]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
thehiatt

this noise or boom is heard every where its been blamed on kids. but i still hear it and i live 60 miles from richmond. im begining to think its a wepon of some kind. the the FBI and ATF has told me to kiss off they are handleing it. i got a recording of the sound. and yesterday i let my girlfriend drive my jeep and she said that she thinks a blazer followed her.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You can use this to send the recording if needed.

you send it.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27
thehiatt

this noise or boom is heard every where its been blamed on kids. but i still hear it and i live 60 miles from richmond. im begining to think its a wepon of some kind. the the FBI and ATF has told me to kiss off they are handleing it. i got a recording of the sound. and yesterday i let my girlfriend drive my jeep and she said that she thinks a blazer followed her.

You were followed. LOL Thats kind of cool.

mod edit: fixed quote tag

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Spectre]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join