It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Booms in VA. (from ATSNN)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I like the rail gun idea.

Anyone see the NASA footage shot from the shuttle showing possible railgun shots from below the clouds. Was very interesting. Would explain the "Sonic boom" (what?, Mach 30+)

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Notme
I like the rail gun idea.

Anyone see the NASA footage shot from the shuttle showing possible railgun shots from below the clouds. Was very interesting. Would explain the "Sonic boom" (what?, Mach 30+)

sorry its not a rail gun im working on the new catapult for the CVX and it uses rail gun tech. its pretty quiet.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by DRAGON27]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ya the rail gun woulda been a good idea but dragon shot that down...hehe..im still leanin towards (directed/directional)magnetic discharge intended to either
A: Knock down a craft propelled by magnetism ie Disruptor???
B: Mess with earths magnetic fields over these areas for one reason or another. maybe weather control???

[edit on 21-11-2004 by S1LV3R4D0]

XL5

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
All true rail guns make loud noises. If you have a coil gun or gauss gun, then those can be silent, but not when the slug hits the rock or goes mach speeds.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i got the "boom" recorded its wave form looks like the sound print of a MOAB.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
All true rail guns make loud noises. If you have a coil gun or gauss gun, then those can be silent, but not when the slug hits the rock or goes mach speeds.

i said rail gun tech. it doesnt look like any of the rail guns i've seen. this "rail catapult" looks just like its steam counterpart but its a little smaller since the planes arent that big any more(f-14 is being fazed out)

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a search on ats brought up nothing but after the multitude of moab utah links i got these from google.

Good pic and info related links down or popup central

More info, pics unavailable

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I thought "Rail guns" were anything from rifle size (eraser?) to howitzer or deck gun size guns that launch magnetically propelled shells? how does steam catapult make it a railgun... i was just wonderin since i have no reference.

Which brings to mind a coast to coast broadcast where an old navy guy flew his homemade plane into area 51 while talkin to art bell on the cell phone with an antenna trailing the plane. he stated things like in his days of navy service he seen "Rail guns" on destroyers. well needless to say as he was talking to art they shot his butt down. during the broadcast he said he seen "railguns" coming up out of the ground and drawing a bead on him as a couple jets scrambled to meet him.. i wish i had recorded it at the time but it was back in 97 and of course hindsite is always 20/20. i wasnt researching things as i am now. i had emailed art about this broadcast at the time and a couple times shortly thereafter and have Never recieved a response. wow i had forgotten about that. thanx for bringin that back to the forefront of my brain, now i can get to diggin it up again.

Man im startin to sound like a crackpot...

[edit on 21-11-2004 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Link - take a look at the graphs and compare to when you hear these things and see if the seismos are picking it up....

www.geol.vt.edu...

There is stuff in some of the graphs but you will have to look at the times to see if they match up....

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
look to make the CVX smaller we had to come up with a new catapult the one we are planning to use has some of the properdites of a "rail gun" .
i cant tell u much more.

now the "rail gun" as a weapon thats a thing all by its self. ive never heard of them shooting down moving plane at high speed. may have been a sam site.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Can you post your recording on ATS so others can analyze it?

As for rail guns, I thought the only working models were the size of small buildings and required absurd amounts of electricity to operate.
Does anyone have evidence of something smaller and more portable?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katolu
Quantico Marine Corps base is somewhat near by and they fire some big guns and they can be heard for miles. Also, there's a lot of construction going on in that area, could be blasting...for what it's worth.

Quantico is nowhere near Richmond. I happen to live right next to Quantico and get to hear them training all the time.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
We recently had recent booms scare the pants off of some people from the Goldcoast on the Queensland/New South Wales boarder up to the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane.

Heard it myself and was concerned enough to go out to the corner and see where the truck crash was. Very puzzled until the news that night.

Turned out it was an RAAF F-111 running supersonic 100km off the Queensland coast doing post overhaul running checks.

Normally it would not have been a problem, the RAAF have protocols for running supersonic. Only far offshore, or isolated areas inland. The boom dispersing out at sea, but the RAAF apologised, explaining that a cloud inversion layer or something had trapped the sound wave and directed it all the way to the mainland, shaking a few people up and breaking one or two windows (I can here the cries of "compo compo" already!).

I remember back in the late 70s just after we got the F-111s a pair did a celebratory post exercise supersonic run over Perth, my home town and much to thier horror on landing copped a bollocking for breaking about 500 windows in the metropolitan area and scaring the crap out alot of people.

You got to remember, some of our guys had flown loaned F-4s but most had just come off the lovely subsonic Canberra. The book in the antipodies was still being written it would seem.

A fellow Perth boy, and SAS Commander in Iraq in 2003 was faced with the situation of fighting Iraqi Forces in a cement works. The Australians had been made aware of stricter ROEs from home than the US Forces and there were civilians stuck in what was a vital peice of post war infrastructure. The USAF were not going to waste million dollar ordnance scaring the Iraqis there first.

He then remembered the F-111s over Perth.The story goes he made contact with the AWACs and a pair of F-15Es made a series of low supersonic runs causing booms. The Iraqis thought that massive bombs were being dropped nearby and they were next.

They surrendered to the AusSAS without another shot being fired, and the works relatively intact.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
craig its already been determined they ARE NOT supersonic aircraft booms

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Perhaps the noises are due to a clandestine tunnelling operation going on in preparation an "anticipated event".

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I live in the Richmond VA area and have also experienced these deep percussion booms. Pretty unsettling that the Govt. is keeping tight lipped

XL5

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Rail gun:
www.powerlabs.org...

coil guns:
www.oz.net...

(coil gun- even though they say its a rail gun)
www.ap.stmarys.ca...

Rail guns use high voltage (1000V and up) at very high amperage(10,000A and up) and use a huge capacitor to do that. They throw sparks and plasma and a slug out the end and make a huge noise.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAGON27
i got the "boom" recorded its wave form looks like the sound print of a MOAB.

MOABs cause ground dmg. Strange Eh ? I heard the same types of sounds going off in the DC area.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
this catapult that been built doesnt look like a rail gun. its not a weapon of war. there is a large power sorce needed not a problem. you will see 2011 if Bush doesnt get us nuked. so lets just get back on topic.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by DRAGON27]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You said you recorded the sound, how about sharing it for us to analyze it...

or

talk more about rail guns?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join