It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Which Obama lies can you live with?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is no surprise, but rather a reference point to reflect upon what our society has become. In the following video, a CNN news correspondent defends the lies of the President. Here's the quote:

"Now with President Obama, it is true, he should have been more forthright with how the Affordable Care Act was going to impact the country. But with that being said, all Americans know politicians lie. The question is which lies can you live with. And, time and time again, Americans have said we can deal with the lies that President Obama tells us because we believe in his heart, he has the best interest for the American people."

Many past Presidents have lied (almost all), and that is not the point of this thread.

This thread is about the unprecedented societal low we have reached where a President is able to lie continuously and still retain the full support of people that know they are being lied to.

Further, we face the reality that we have mainstream media trying to tell us that Americans are OK with lies because we allegedly believe that "in his heart" Obama is looking out for our best interest. This is absurd to me. I personally do not know ANY people that agree with this point of view.

In the eyes of some, this "anointed one" can do no wrong and garnish no criticism. It is almost as if a significant portion of our population is suffering some form of cognitive dissonance that requires treatment.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Which lies can I live with?
None of them.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

a President is able to lie continuously and still retain the full support of people that know they are being lied to.

That applies to many president as well, including the one before Obama, didn't that guy get 2nd term even after two invasion build on lies?

His lies were so strong some people still believe WMD exist.

What makes Obama special?

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Find me a media clip from the mainstream media for any other past President where lying is defended by saying "Look, the American people know he's lying but they are OK with it because they believe he has our best interest in mind."

In my opinion, only Obama has been able to generate such a vast quantity of followers that are this delusional.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Since he is the first politician to ever lie to the people of the United States, I really don't think I can stand his being in office but a couple of more years.
Maybe before this next election we should set up a committee to inspect every candidate's birth certificate and administer a lie detector exam to be sure they will qualify to run for office.

I mean, we can't have some foriegn born lying politician tainting our purfect and pure election process can we?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

I mean, we can't have some foriegn born lying politician tainting our purfect and pure election process can we?

~ Sigh ~. I'm afraid you've missed the point, entirely.

I attempted to fend off the usual partisan rhetoric by stating in no uncertain terms the point of the thread. But alas, the art of reading the written word has woefully declined.

But I do understand the point you are making, and although tangentially related, it is a different topic altogether.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980

Find me a media clip from the mainstream media for any other past President where lying is defended by saying "Look, the American people know he's lying but they are OK with it because they believe he has our best interest in mind."

In my opinion, only Obama has been able to generate such a vast quantity of followers that are this delusional.

That's because Obama apparently has what Steve Jobs used to have -- a reality distortion field. His devotees believe whatever he tells them even the flat out lies because he knows better than they what is good for them. Tell tale signs of a cult and a cult leader IMHO.

Bah. I was sucker enough to vote for him the first time... Fool me once, shame on you. But he didn't fool me twice. Can't wait for him to be out.
edit on 12/5/2013 by Terrormaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Hmmmm you were serious lol....

Wow, how about every single one. They all do it and they all have someone defending it, even after obvious lies. In the exact same context, maybe not, but a lie is a lie is a lie.

Hmmm

Kuwait, Iraq

Monica Lewinsky, my personal favorite even though he turned out to be the best president in a very long time, no balanced budgets after him or before for that matter.

Iran contra and other alzheimer moments lol

Oh we could do this all day lol what fun....

And I do get your point.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I would have directed that gentleman's question right back at him. What lies could you live with sir? I mean, I could lose my job if I am caught in a lie at work and I am a simpleton compared to *Obama*.

I think this guy needs to take a step back and put the grape Kool-Aid down. That's right, I just said that.

edit on Sat Dec 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

At the first lie, i'd show him/her the door. I'd accept an honest mistake, but a blatant lie is not something i would forgive, coming from a statesman.

Actually i made a thread some time ago, trying to collect ALL the lies... seems there are just too many

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well now if this doesn't accurately describe the trend going on now in the US I don't know what does.

Bill Clinton lies about a hummer and he gets impeached. Obama lies about everything and he gets a second term and the adulation of the masses. Are people really that stupid!?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Short answer: YES, but you all ready knew that.

When one brave cow, who was promised, roams into what it believes to be a greener pasture, the rest will soon follow, even if that means straight off a cliff. Seems like there is another 99% and it has nothing to to with being poor...or does it? Think for yourselves people! What is good for one may not be good for another.

In a politicians mind, if ten people call and express their happiness with a new policy, they take it as ten thousand. If ten thousand call, they take it as ten million. But if one politician speaks for thousands against a policy, they only take him as one politician.

Is something broken here?
edit on 5-12-2013 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The guy in the video is a moron. I'd like to know what lies he was ok with from other politicians.

Why should we accept any lies from anyone in office?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

luciddream

They do, many countries have them. I guess all those Syrians died because Unicorns stabbed them.

And I did see WMD's in Iraq. Granted, they were old stock, but they were still deadly. And it is historical record that Saddam did use them on the Kurds.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

TDawgRex

luciddream

They do, many countries have them. I guess all those Syrians died because Unicorns stabbed them.

And I did see WMD's in Iraq. Granted, they were old stock, but they were still deadly. And it is historical record that Saddam did use them on the Kurds.

Not the WMD's they told people they had though. Remember the aluminum tubes? Of course they found chemical weapons, they sold them to him.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

superman2012

TDawgRex

luciddream

Not the WMD's they told people they had though. Remember the aluminum tubes? Of course they found chemical weapons, they sold them to him.

It just irritates me that uneducated people make stupid statements as fact because it suits their political agenda. Especially when it is a documented fact that they lie about.

I still find it hard to believe that people still support this amatuer and his even more bumbling staff. They're clueless and deluded.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

That applies to many president as well, including the one before Obama, didn't that guy get 2nd term even after two invasion build on lies? His lies were so strong some people still believe WMD exist.

Want to try again ?

Back to the liar in chief.

But hey 'reality' made for some good dogma.

edit on 5-12-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I remember during the whole Clinton scandal and impeachment. The MSM started a campaign about lying and how it was actually not so bad sometimes, and it was related back to Clinton, of course. This was part of the coordinated effort to swing the impeachment away from Clinton being impeached for lying under oath (perjury) and toward him being impeached for having sex which is where public opinion really swung away from the effort and back toward him. I mean ... how dare they impeach a guy just for getting a blowjob, right? This totally ignores the seriousness of having a man in power who will knowingly lie under oath which was, of course, why he was getting impeached.

I remember these articles very clearly, but I cannot find them now. And, it looks like the media is resurrecting this very same campaign now. It worked so well the first time, why not? Right?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Obama's actions are treasonous in the very spirit of the Constitutional definition. The administration is criminal both privately and openly. Then again, who is going to prosecute, Eric Holder?

Anyone still defending Obama, his regime or this governments criminal actions is complicit in them as far as I'm concerned, the crimes, the evidence the truth is there for all to see, anyone who can't see it is purposefully blinding their own eyes because of self centeredness.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

TDawgRex

superman2012

TDawgRex

luciddream

It just irritates me that uneducated people make stupid statements as fact because it suits their political agenda. Especially when it is a documented fact that they lie about.

I still find it hard to believe that people still support this amatuer and his even more bumbling staff. They're clueless and deluded.

What he said is true. Donald Rumsfeld sold the chemical weapons to Iraq. So maybe you should do some checking before calling people clueless and deluded.

Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons'

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped Saddam Hussein build up his arsenal of deadly chemical and biological weapons, it was revealed last night. As an envoy from President Reagan 19 years ago, he had a secret meeting with the Iraqi dictator and arranged enormous military assistance for his war with Iran. The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join