It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think only UFO's make crazy turns and other such movement in the sky?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Aliensun
reply to post by w810i

Keep in mind that the UFO phenomena began at a time when we barely had jet planes and they had not yet broken the sound barrier. As for helicopters--they came along early in the 1940s, didn't really develop until after WWII, and they were hardly the craft we know today. So to insinuate that we can blame 'copters for UFO reports is a bit of a stretch. You realize how noisy 'copters used to be, as is the Blackhawks still are these days?

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the RC video you brought to us. The small RC craft don't make much noise, but then they won't be mistaken for a typical 30-foot domed craft landing in Grandpa's pasture, will they?

Reread what I wrote. I'm not dismissing UFO reports what so ever. I'm simply pointing out that the statement that such and such UFO made movements not possible by terrestrial craft is false. Never said I was blaming UFO reports on RC helicopters either.

edit on 5-12-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No one gives a damn about daily youtube videos of light blobs, whever there are pilots and real cases of even impact with ai airplane, that's what is referred to UFOs, whenever documents and former military speak of cases, that's what they mean, not some light blobs based on such toys.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Here is a night vid of similar acrobatics. Pretty crazy looking.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

point was one of those rc copters couldn't fly like that so you're wrong

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I know of at least two military birds that can. I agree this can account for some ufo sightings, I have seen both. Problem is most of the rc's are not big enough. I saw some guys working with one that was pretty big. We had come out of a store and saw a ufo, it had flashing colored lights, and was flying like a ufo, then it landed lol. So we drove over lol. It was a multi propeller craft about three feet across and lined with led lights.

It was really kewl but as close as we were it was very small when in the air and could not fly high or in wind. This is where most lose their resemblance to ufo's. You know ufo's have size and mass by their size and the incredible speed and altitude they gain.

When you see something jump to the upper atmosphere and then streak away into space, well you know it is not an RC model craft lol.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
reply to post by w810i

Video speaks otherwise unless of course you've like to prove otherwise.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'll repeat, it's CGI mixed with real footage. There's no way the helicopter could fly so close to the ground so many times without contacting it and also jump around like that almost instantly. Fake.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

Do you have proof to back that up?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

ManInAsia
I'll repeat, it's CGI mixed with real footage. There's no way the helicopter could fly so close to the ground so many times without contacting it and also jump around like that almost instantly. Fake.

That is a seriously ignorant comment. Search for Tareq Alsaadi, Curtis Youngblood, Jason Krause or any other world class 3D RC helicopter pilot.

Do not underestimate the human brains ability to judge scale, speed, secondary movment and light perception.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That's some crazy insane flying. Makes you wonder how many he went through before he got that good. But keep in mind that those RC helicopters used for 3D flying have negative collective, which is something no full size helicopter that I know of has. (It's what allows for controlled and continuous inverted flight.) Also materials don't scale, so there's risk of something breaking or rotor blades flexing enough to strike the body of a larger aircraft if it were scaled up. If you were to build something that could do half the RC tricks with a manned aircraft, you'd probably be pushing the very edge of helicopter technology at ultralight sizes - something that nobody has attempted as far as I'm aware.

But yeah, with some LEDs and enough open space while flying at night, you might have something that qualifies as a UFO to some people.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

Yes, it's real. I fly RC in all forms, and that is some real good 3D heli piloting. Probably not a great place to be doing it, and probably against AMA regs, but good flying nonetheless. Research 3D Heli's. A great pilot in NY was decapitated by his own 3D heli a few months ago. These things are beasts.

(post by bottleslingguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Awhile after I saw a UFO I took to watching the skies. Then a few times on the way to work, I saw a strange craft with lights changing colors . Red, green, blue. I thought it was a police helicopter the first two times, then I figured it was a helicopter with LEDs on it. It was over a park about a mile away although the small lights made it seem more distant. It was summer.
I never thought it was a UFO. it moved too slow and was too low. The same goes for some local sightings of floating lights. Those are Chinese lanterns or balloons with LEDS.
The UFO I saw moved at least ten times faster than a jet. That's conservative, it was almost streaking across at the speed of a shooting star. But it was slow enough for me to make out two lights when I first saw it and then it accelerated and just vanished as it gained altitude.
Speed like that you can't fake. Was it man made? Possibly. But then that means we have access to technology nobody wants the public to know about. And seeing it triggered an emotional response in me which I still don't quite understand. It scared me.
Then there was that white snowball orb that was flying behind and alongside a jet. The jet was leaving a contrail and looked jet shaped, the white orb looked like a ball that paralleled it and then passed it very close to it.
More recently I was eyeballing some government lear jets that flew off in a formation single file. I thought they were drones form a nearby drone base but IDed them as lear jets with binoculars. My best guess it they were techies being sent out to fix the Obamacare website disaster. Then quite by accident I saw an orb way up as I looked at the jets. I was sure it was a UFO but through research I figured out it was Jupiter that was visible through the atmosphere even during the day in the morning. It is possible to see it in the right conditions with good enough optics.
So I'm not easily prone to label anything I see as a UFO, neither are many people.

(post by w810i removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

w810i

bottleslingguy
reply to post by w810i

Video speaks otherwise unless of course you've like to prove otherwise.

did the one in the video go from where they are standing, fly ten miles away disappear and then fly back in one second? did I blink and miss it? where does it do stuff like that in that video you dumbass? because that's the kind of stuff ufos do.

You called me? I can clearly read my name.

So where is the video that exclusively showed 10 miles? Not for the chopper but the UFO?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

[Snip] Its 1 thing to do it across 5-10 feet of space, but when its doing that across HUNDRED'S OF FEET high up in the sky...uhm not even CLOSE pal. Nice try tho..hmmm actually not.

edit on 7-12-2013 by ATSZOMBIE because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/12/13 by JAK because: Quote trimmed, Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Personal comment removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 16) Behaviour and remember to go after the ball, not the player.

edit on 8/12/13 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
HUNDRED'S OF FEET high up in the sky...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Which of the 10 vids talks about 10 miles? It's not in the text.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Dumbass
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Which of the 10 vids talks about 10 miles? It's not in the text.

oh you're right it doesn't actually say TEN MILES IN ONE SECOND, but how do you account for the fact these objects were being chased by jets who couldn't catch them not to mention the fact they didn't have those psycho rc helicopters back then? Here's something pretty interesting from here "While they could not distinguish any object or light visually, they noticed that the radar object was increasing its distance at a very high rate. With every sweep of their radar, about 1 second apart, the object added five miles to its distance, translating to a speed of 18,000 mph (29,000 km/h).[17][18] The pilot however relayed a speed of 'a mile a second' to the control tower, or a speed of 3,600 mph (5,800 km/h),[19] but confirmed that the target exceeded both the 50 mi (80 km) and 100 mi (160 km) ranges of their radar scope in a matter of seconds" and that was back in '87. Point is you can't disprove ufo maneuverability by comparing it with modern radio controlled helicopters. Can modern videos be showing an rc heli and people confuse them for ufos, absolutely but whats the point we don't need modern ufo video to prove they exist, there's plenty of other more substantial evidence that does that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join