It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Food Combinations!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hi guys and gals. What's your weird food combinations? I LOVE chicken and waffles!!! Mrs. Catfishjoe LOVES cornbread and milk!! What's yours?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I can´t think of any.. but i never stop wondering why my father likes fried oatmeal with onions and ketchup

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Having lived in Joplin Mo for ages, I learned to enjoy and crave Fred & Red's spaghetti red. Mild chili atop spaghetti and then generously topped with dill pickle and thin onion slices. Yum.

I have a friend in Philly who tried it and now he makes it about once a month. My west coast hubby eats it but I think he is humoring me.

My mother had a simple dinner that she would fix for us kids on the rare night that her and dad were going to a supper club for dinner. Chef Boyardee Beef Raviolis over mashed potatoes. To me, that is comfort food at its finest.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
For a snack of sorta two opposite kinds of foods, have a bunch of green, sweet grapes at hand and small slivers or pieces of Longhorn Style Colby Cheese. That is a very mild cheddar. You won't need a beer or wine with the two, the grapes provide the liquid. Great for snackin' and surfin'.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
jam on a roll and add some fries [ chips ] it does it for me but then again i like porridge oats .

this thread is going to be good

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ok... I like mayo and peanut butter sandwiches once in a while.

I know it sounds off, is rich but hey it's all good!

Cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Evening,

Steak Fries and Mayonaise.
Better yet...French Fries, BBQ Chicken Gravy and Moz Cheese Curds...it's called "poutine".
Yum...great...now I'm hungry.

-Peace-
edit on 4-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 4-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Alteration

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Peanut butter and pickled Jalepeno sandwich. ( Don't knock it if you haven't tried it! :lol

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I had a coworker who would microwave a frozen pizza then layer mayonnaise all over the top of the pizza. I could never watch him eat it without feeling a little sick. It might taste great I will never know but the sight was a turn off.

Last state fair that I attended there were hamburgers that used Krispie Kreme glazed donuts as a bun of sorts. This was the first time I had ever seen anything like that. I am not really the adventurous type when it comes to food and prefer to stick to what I know so naturally I had to take a pass.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
A slice of bread covered with strawberry jam, and add a cheddar slice on it... hmmm.... yummy!

Maple syrup on eggs.

And from a friend from Argentina, rice, mayonnaise and green olives, cut in slices. The ones with the red pepper in it. You can it hot or cold.

My father-in-law loves to eat, in the morning, onions milkshake. Basically, blended raw onions in a little water... ughh.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Yeah, I saw an article in a newspaper about those donuts burger... Not my wish to try it too...

But your comment about a co-worker made me remember that when I was young, a co-worker I had would eat, everyday, a big bowl of rice with bananas and chicken bones... crunch crunch... His jaw was as muscular as the rest of his body... lol
edit on 4-12-2013 by NowanKenubi because: typoooo

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

catfishjoe
Hi guys and gals. What's your weird food combinations? I LOVE chicken and waffles!!! Mrs. Catfishjoe LOVES cornbread and milk!! What's yours?
You just brought back fond memories of my father (jokingly) offering me bologna & whip cream... Ewwww!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Potato chips in my tuna fish sandwich! ..Or....m&m 's in hot salted and buttered popcorn!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Sandwich made with lightly toasted bread, tunafish, and cream cheese. Probably not that odd, but just different enough. Seems most places whenever there's tuna in a sanwich, they mix it with mayo. But I can't stand mayo, so I use cream cheese for a different flavor that compliments the tuna more to my taste. Of course I don't mind tuna plain, so there's no need to cover it with anything else. (If I only I could get it sans-mayo at a restaurant, but no.)

Pretzels are also good with cream cheese. Put a slab of cream cheese in a bowl, and scrape it up like a dip. Cottage cheese also works. Yeah, I like cheese too much.

Oh and whenever I have one of those breakfast sandwiches that come with hash brown potatoes, I put the hash browns in the sandwich. I like them better that way than eating them separate.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I didn't know you could eat chicken bones. That is pretty crazy. That same coworker tried to get me to eat pigs feet for the longest time and one day he brought some in. I tried to be polite but once they came out of the foil there was no way they were going in my mouth. I felt bad though because he was obviously offended.

My grandmother used to put pinto beans in a glass of buttermilk and dip cornbread in it. My brother puts maple syrup on his ice cream and he used to just eat syrup sandwiches as a kid when our mom wasn't around haha.

Texture is a major consideration for me when it comes to food. I think that is why I don't often mix things and usually eat each item on my plate individually before moving on to the next.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
My friend used to put butter in her coffee, i tasted once and it was disgusting !
edit on 5-12-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Peanut butter and Jelly, god what a disgusting combination, how can anyone find it nice?

Also this maybe not weird to some, but you cannot beat Pate and crackers with Jalapenos and spicy cheese, with grapes! Pow!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Love sour cream Lays and tuna fish!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Peanut butter and onion sandwich ...and I wonder why I can never get a date....

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

I didn't know either that chicken bones could be eaten before seeing it... lol

As for your brother putting maple syrup on ice cream; of course! But mostly on vanilla ice cream, otherwise, it becomes wayyy too rich... lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join