It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigation Into Potential Spread of vCJD Brain Disease in Hospitals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

…there is no commercial blood test for vCJD that can identify contaminated blood or organ donations and (that) the prion protein can survive existing sterilisation procedures used to clean surgical instruments.

Andrew Miller MP, the chairman of the committee, said that he and his colleagues were “extremely concerned” to hear that this incurable disease, which has so far killed 177 people, still poses a significant risk to public health.

“Although the risk of developing the disease as a result of eating contaminated beef was long ago eliminated, it is possible that the infection could still be unwittingly spread through medical procedures,” Mr Miller said.

Investigation Into Potential Spread of vCJD Brain Disease in Hospitals

'Bout time. Problem is that because prions are not alive, they can't be killed - most sterilization and decontamination procedures just don't work. And the old news says people should expect to see symptoms about 20 years after any kind of invasive surgery. About 10 years after retinal surgery. Also, seems to me the current focus on concussion causing athletes to develop dementia is partly a cover-up. All things considered.

Surgery Linked to Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease

…"Based on the monitoring records of spongiform encephalopathy in two Nordic countries, we studied the possibility of transmission of the sporadic form of CJD through general surgery," explains Jesús de Pedro, main author of the study and head of prion monitoring in patients at the National Epidemiology Centre of the Carlos III Health Institute.

The finding, published recently in the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, reveals that, with a few exceptions, the risk of having contracted the sporadic form of CJD manifests itself at least 20 years after having undergone an operation.

...We might, therefore, ask ourselves if other types of motor neuron diseases can be transmitted through surgery and be latent for decades, such as those where risk factors, particularly physical professions and activities or certain sporting activities, for example, which are more likely to lead to surgery, have already been indicated.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Always remember when my mum was dying, the last place she wanted to be was a hospital. They're depressing places full of disease and depending on your ailment, you should avoid them at all costs.

Oh and additionally my mother had been a nurse of 20 years beforehand so I heard plenty of horror stories, the one involving a doctor throwing an amputated leg during surgery really sticks out

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Did this start in Canada or was it out East? If I remember right, did they not use road kill; sorry, used meat instead of grain to Fatten them up? Until we found out that Mad Cow was the cause of this, or blocked the sell of cattle from Canada anyways.

Now with the GMO food out there, crops having their jeans changes to Overcome various things out there. Saving pest control spraying Vs. letting Nature take it course. Then feeding back to various things we eat like Cows, chickens and the meat we eat.

Has their been any info related to GMO grain being the cause of it? Since we actually do no testing; for the later outcome anyways, could this have any factors relating to the cause?

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I was with visiting a friend in hospital who'd lost quite a lot of blood, but not so much that he was unconscious or suffering, but while I was there a doc arrived and told him they wanted to give him some blood to boost him up.
Being nosey I asked the doc what would happen if he didn't have the blood. The doc looked at me and said "It's quite safe,only about one in one hundred get contaminated blood"
I was so shocked I stood up and said "Thats a huge risk" Realising what he'd said he backtracked and said "I meant one in a thousand"
Still shocked I said "You gotta be joking"
He then said "I meant one in one hundred thousand"
I told him to forget all about his estimations, just tell us what will happen if he doesnt have the blood. After some squirming he said it would mean my friend would have to remain in hospital until his blood had returned to normal. I asked him how long? He said a couple of days.
My friend sensibly opted to remain in hospital and refused the blood.

About ten minutes after he'd refused the blood another doctor poked her head inside the curtain, asked my friend how he was, and then she said "I hear you refused the blood, very sensible"

The first doc admitted there was a risk, yet he wanted my friend to take that risk so that they could empty the bed!

Blood saves lives, but find out whether its essential, no point in taking unnecessary risks!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I heard a rumor that mad cow was on the rise and causes the victims to act like zombies depending on the amount of time the person was infected.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

The government has created an airborn rabies. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING mimics a hollywood acting zombie like a person dying of rabies.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

top topics

join