It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost art of cassette tapes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
haha cassette tapes, I remember those old days. Recording from the radio. Damn DJ's talking over the track playing. Or that time when you finally catch the song you been trying to snag, and the tape runs out halfway through. Can't say I miss those days much lol. I still got like 500 VHS tapes up in the attic, every disney movie ever put on tape until 1995 I think it was when our last VCR croaked.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

i used to draw the band logos. i could do most metal/rock band logos pretty good as a kid.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

mlifeoutthere

Do you remember what a nightmare cassettes were when the black strip thingy would get jumbled and you would spend hours with a pencil trying to unjumble it

You mean the TAPE?!

LOL

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What an awesome topic haha looking at the op reminded me of my first walkman and for some reason my first nintendo game boy. I used to do all kinds of art and labeling like this, until high school rolled around then I was labeling burned cds and doing art on the tops of the CDs, Until now I never even gave that a thought to keep them antiques if anything just to have as old memories. Thanks for posting this and the blast from the past, hahahaha haircut

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

DJ's! I remember those! Even radio stations are drag and drop anymore. I would say taking the human element out of everything leaves it a little soulless. That's just me, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join