It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biker soldier strip-searched outside Townsville (Australia) home by police.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Came across this one from the Townsville bulletin today, and it makes me just a little furious. As a long time rider that has close affiliations with many groups and clubs, these new laws the Queensland government have introduced are just going too far.

Basically over the last few months here in Queensland, the government has turned it's attention to these supposed 1% bikie clubs, with the intention of driving them and their supposed illegal activities out of the state once and for all.

Funny thing about it all is, in South Australia, where I lived until recently, they tried to do the same thing. To date, there are still bikies, and still gang warfare going on, that seems to have heightened since the government crackdowns. All the while the legitimate clubs that ride for charity or just be a part of a club are being tarred with the same brush. Now it seems we face the same thing here.

As usual in line with the government using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut, they have given the police here powers to basically pull over and search anyone who rides a bike, even those who are registered organisations, such as the Ulysses Club, a group for older riders and one that does a lot of charitable work, and even has almost disrupted a local charity ride to raise funds for a local girl who has Lyme disease, with the event organisers saying this;

"We do know police will be there, undercover, and out on the roads as well, not there to harass, just to keep an eye on things," he said.

Mr Revere has been warned that, if the event involves three or more outlaw bikie gang members or associates, those riders could risk arrest.

"We will be watched, they will be watching for club members who attend," Mr Revere said.

"If there's more than three members together - it doesn't matter if it's from one club or different clubs, or an associate - they'll be locked up for six months, no bail, and lose their bikes."

So basically everywhere there is two wheels in Queensland, police have the right to abuse their powers and pull over and search anyone even suspected of being a bikie, regardless of whether or not they belong to one of the listed 'outlaw' clubs.

Link

Today though, the police have targeted not only bikers and a legitimate club, but one consisting of members of the Australian Defence Force no less.

A YOUNG soldier has told of being strip-searched by police in front of his home as the Queensland Government's tough anti-bikie laws continue to take a toll on recreational riders.

1RAR soldier Private Noah Schefe, 22, who is a member of the Townsville chapter of the Patriots Motorcycle Club, was searched by police outside his home about three weeks ago, late at night, after he returned from the chapter's clubhouse.

He was not charged with any offences.

So the government's new laws, supposedly being aimed towards the 1% of criminal bikie gangs, are now being used as an abuse to basically pull anyone over with a bike and a leather jacket it seems.

Patriots Australia is a military club for serving, former regular and reserve members of the Australian, Commonwealth and Allied Defence Forces.

It regularly participates in fundraising for charities, recently raising $4500 for Legacy Townsville.

The club publicly condemns all criminal activity, and is not included in the government's list of bikie gangs declared as criminal organisations.

Pte Schefe said the police officer who searched him was not aware of the club, nor had any interest when told about it, despite Pte Schefe showing the officer his Defence ID card.
``He got me up over to the cop car and put me up against the car and started pulling everything out of my pockets and taking my boots out,'' he said.

``The other cop had my bag on the bonnet and pulled everything out of my bag, searching the whole lot.

``They had me there for probably a good half an hour, at 1.30am, with all the lights on and everything.

``All my neighbours - I'd just moved into this house about two weeks beforehand - they're sitting there thinking they've got a criminal bikie who's moved into the neighbourhood."

Above all else this is disrespectful to someone who gives service to their country, regardless of how you feel about the military state of the world right now. As an avid, long time bike rider, I cringe if I pass a police car, wondering if I'll be next on their hit list, and a lot of two-wheeled brothers feel the same.

There is about 20 members of the Patriot's Townsville chapter, who based their constitution on the Defence Law Manual, following the rule of civilian law.

``We're only doing good things for the community,'' Pte Schefe said.

``To be treated like a criminal, for the same reason someone's shot somebody on the Gold Coast, it's absolutely ridiculous."

Source

I guess we'll see if the next step is banning riders and clubs altogether. It's certainly heading that way.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Most western nations are descending into dictatorships atm, unfortunately for Australia there are not enough people yet that care. most people if not immeadiately affected don't give a damn

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

That's about it hey, the ol' "it doesn't affect me directly, so who cares."

I tend to find it's doubly true in Australia than in other western nations, people just don't give enough of a crap to want to make change. The thing about this that is downright wrong is where does it stop?

Do we target young guys who drive tuners for being hoons? Do we pick on muscle car enthusiasts that like to run in groups for being revheads? It just seems like every time a group is formed, regardless of intention, the government has to find a way to shut it down, all in the interests of raising more revenue.

One day we'll stand up and be counted. I just hope it's not too late by then.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

These laws are not about 1% bikers, nor ever will be.The Government and these clubs are in bed together. Always have been and always will be. Yes some bottom feeders will be sacrificed to the legal system. Yes some low ranking officers may lose there lives to further the urban myth. Those above and in the know will remain untouched and even rewarded. OP judging by your avatar name sake, you should know of the anagram SMOTJ, it's meaning and why high ranking club members wear it? Then you will understand why I say this.

These laws are in effect for every man, woman and child in this country.Just in time for the Australian 2014 G20. No more than 3 peolpe of the same think may assemble. Read the new illegal, unconstitutional and anti international human rights legistlation. Something wicked this way comes.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The problem is that so called "outlaw clubs" have taken things to far.
There is evidence to suggest that outlaw clubs have also infiltrated our armed forces and police.
These crackdown laws have been coming for a long time.
When dickheads are shooting a each other in public and using car bombs etc, it must be said that
we as a society will not accept such things. Yes, it makes life hard on those who are not involved,
but upsetting a few Harley riders is a small price to pay. If people want to brand themselves "outlaw"
and act like wankers then they should not bitch and moan when society classes them as such.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Funnily enough this is the same state where the two political factions as banded together to throw one of their own out the pariliment by declaring his seat vacant which they have no right to do because he was not elected by politicans that threw him out. Secondly I very much doubt they have any lawful means of throwing another politican out.

Also funninly enough, this is the same state that hosts a billionaire owned private policial party and finally, the police in WA shot some bloke in the south west of WA and it rated only a two line filler item item in the news.

Whats happening in the US is on its way here. The NWO ship has pulled away from the warf and is gaining momentem.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

I understand that, but we're not talking about the 1%ers that are wrapped up in all this drugs and guns stuff, I'm talking about the legitimate clubs and just people who like to ride. Why should they suffer and be afraid to ride just because the government wants to take away the competition so to speak?

And we're not talking a few bikers here, there are many who ride that the police are preying on, using this new-found power just to abuse the system and make life impossible for someone who just wants to ride. Imagine of they picked on any group just because of a few dickheads, there'd be an uproar. But because we're bikers so are bikies, then just tar us with the same brush? Don't think so.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I've never seen SMOTJ before, but I did some research, it certainly bears some looking into, thanks.

And of course we all know crime syndicates and governments are in bed, even as they try to convince us it's the smugglers bringing drugs and guns in, when the government is obviously behind it all.

Ya know I've always kinda balked at the idea of Australia being the NWO testing ground, but as time goes on it seems more and more likely we are the guinea pigs for the world stage, especially in policies and laws.

Maybe this is just another play at it, we'll see.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

The politics in this state are an absolute joke. Coming from SA, I thought they were bad there. I have tried to track down a failbook post of newman's where someone challenged his right to leadership and the changing of laws, and he responded 'you voted for us, that means we can do what we want for four years, so get over it.' Unfortunately it seems to have been erased.

As for Palmer, I've worked security for the guy. To say he is a tosser with a child's brain crossed with an utter halfwit is a mass understatement.

edit on 2/12/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Incredible.

The darkness descends.

The Morlach's lick their chops . . . the Eloi shuffle along toward dinner . . . as the main course.

May God have mercy on all of good heart.

May defenders of God, community, Constitutions and Freedom stand up wisely and safely where fitting.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i dont see what him being a vet/ or soldier has anything to do with this.

is OP or article implying that people who serve are immune to criminal accusations?

we get a lot of this treatment in the US as well. soldiers being on unnecessary pedestals as news fodder.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

top topics

join