It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Products Being Given to Babies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Stop trying to murder our kids!

It seems everyone has been unaware of a product that babies are encouraged to eat (believe it or not) which contains undercooked foods.(1)(2) Most people are aware of how undercooked foods leads to a great number of deaths each year related to bacteria in said food, things like e. coli, et al.

Even worse, the product is being processed, into a paste so babies will consume in. In fact, if it didn't undergo this processing they wouldn't eat it at all! This could be viewed like putting drugs in a can of pop just so some teenager might drink it. Why are we feeding our kids something they normally wouldn't eat?(3)

In this day of GMO, Vaccines, and poisons being put into our water supply, are we really supposed to believe that Big Corporate America has the best interest for our children? In fact, I don't know what's in half the stuff I give my baby, and this product is being marketed for them to eat everyday!

Recently there was another company involved in this scheme (of dosing our kids with god knows what) and they were putting an organic base and a trimer of cyanamide(4), made from a compound which contains cyanide.(5)

So the real question is:

When are you going to STOP poisoning our children?

What is this evil product they are trying to get all our kids to eat…

Baby Food!

_______

(The above post is purely satire. Perhaps the thread should be, "How to write a Natural News article.) For a breakdown of how I made a issue out of a non-issue, see my play on words with the sources below. It helps adding in open ended and rhetorical questions throughout a crank article. And don't forget relating it to other topics that really and truly have no relevance whatsoever!

Most importantly, do NOT forget DOOM and GLOOM.

Explanation of sources.

1&2) a play on words, pasteurization is not the "recommended" cooking temperature, but kills necessary bacteria. "Undercooked" meaning, it's undercooked for chicken in your home, but not apple juice at a processing facility.

3) Babies don't eat carrots, for obvious reasons.

4&5) Yep, this part is true, but the people responsible got the death penalty. *
edit on 30-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You didnt mention Monsanto.

It should be mentioned that a large number of Monsanto employees are force feeding this stuff to their babies.

Evil.
Pure Evil, I tell ya.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

On a less serious* note I was watching Dragons Den, or Shark Tank? And the business guys bought into a new babyfood company. They have something that isn't new, but so far have had healthy profit margins.

business.financialpost.com...

Reduced sugar and salt, and no artificial preservatives. While I wouldn't be afraid to feed my kids Gerber, I like the idea behind this company. Especially in our current climate.

Not to mention, sugar alone can be enough for parents to think they just fed their kids speed in a can without realizing it was that which caused it. (I don't know the actually reduced amounts, merely speaking on principal.)

*tongue in cheek obviously.
edit on 30-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So you're saying baby food is healthy?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

apydomis

Are you kidding? Look what it's doing to the kids.

It's turning them into adults.

BAN BABY FOOD!!!11

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I just feel bad for the babies that are being fed soy based formula.
It can't be a good thing feeding an infant estrogenic food.
Might as well put a toddler on birth control.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Problem with that is a lot of preservatives are derivatives of natural things so they technically can say something manufactured is made of all natural ingredients. Reduced though, from with, is too arbitrary to really consider.

It's how we get the "Zomg Ur pepsi has dead babies in it!!111" threads.. lol

I dunno, I still have my coffee. Thick in a soup mug.

I should just start eating pure maple syrup with coffee beans stirred in.. that can't be bad!!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I knew a caveman in collage that drank a keg and ate raw meat daily. literally he would keep the meat, beef and lamb out on the counter and slice off what he wanted. I never did see him eat much other than his raw meat. It would get rancid in my opinion but he said it was good for you. He never got sick, not even a cold in the time that I was around him. He actually made it a point during parties to eat the oldest nastiest part to the disgust of most people.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

winofiend
reply to post by boncho

Problem with that is a lot of preservatives are derivatives of natural things so they technically can say something manufactured is made of all natural ingredients. Reduced though, from with, is too arbitrary to really consider.

It's how we get the "Zomg Ur pepsi has dead babies in it!!111" threads.. lol

I dunno, I still have my coffee. Thick in a soup mug.

I should just start eating pure maple syrup with coffee beans stirred in.. that can't be bad!!

Actually, good point. The "natural" preservatives in meats are worse/the same as artificial. They are using nitrates found in nature.

Celery extract which has nitrates and nitrites are linked to a number of conditions.

At the same time, if any formula has colouring agents, etc. I see it as a pointless additive. (Baby needs food to look pretty?) No reason to pump my kid full of things you don't need for fresh food, since when he gets older he will do it plenty enough to himself. I'd still feed them Gerber if I had to, but at the same time, I'd rather cook my kids a meal than feed them frozen pizza pockets. Not so much worried about chemicals rather than letting your kids know the difference between real food and slop.

Grandma used to swat my hand any time we asked for food with preservatives. She wasn't scared of them, just pissed off we didn't want her home made waffles, pancakes, fruit bowl, etc.

I believe in this case the company is just blending food.

By this we mean that our products never contain any added sugar, salt, additives, preservatives or fillers.

We carefully balance our recipes to ensure that the natural acidity of the food is hostile to bacteria but safe for little tummies. This sometimes involves the addition of a dash of lemon juice concentrate.
We flash pasteurize the fruit blends to kill any existing or dormant bacteria. Our pouches allow the food to be heated to a lower temperature, and are held at that temperature for a shorter period of time than glass jars, thereby preserving more nutrients.
The pouches are filled hot to ensure that they are free of bacteria.
Finally, a vacuum is drawn and an inert gas goes into the top of the pouch before the cap is tightly screwed on. This ensures that there is no oxygen in the pouch. They are now ready for your little one.

In other words, no natural or artificial preservatives. (Besides the lemon juice).

edit on 1-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

apydomis

I grew up on Gerber, and recently seen the doc, to my surprise he says my organs are the healthiest they can be. (I was shocked really on that one.)

So maybe it was the baby food?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

staple
I knew a caveman in collage that drank a keg and ate raw meat daily. literally he would keep the meat, beef and lamb out on the counter and slice off what he wanted. I never did see him eat much other than his raw meat. It would get rancid in my opinion but he said it was good for you. He never got sick, not even a cold in the time that I was around him. He actually made it a point during parties to eat the oldest nastiest part to the disgust of most people.

Mom feed us lots of food that had been sitting out all night. But I still got sick. Anecdotal stuff isn't science, simple as that.

Bacteria grows, and food builds up toxins when left between 4-5c-60c. Bacteria grows exponentially, 10-100-1000, etc.

Some bacterias produce toxins, and if that's the case, no amount of reheating is going to get rid of them. While one can argue stimulating your immune system is a good thing, it's hard to argue toxins are good for you.

Most people are unaware also, that the "flu", and or the "Shizas" more often than not is a case of food poisoning.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
all this food temp stuff aside, if you want the best meat it should be room temp when you start cooking it. At room temp the meat will end up its most flavorful and tender. Especially steaks.

The foods that "scare" me from a safety standpoint are stuffing/dressing, beans, and soups/stews. If it has protein and sugar along with a lot of moisture, it can be dangerous to not cool/store fast enough. As well, melons. I eat very little melon.
edit on 1-12-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It is the parents who are killing their own kids by being lazy, ignorant and selfish and buying processed packaged cr*p rather than actually cooking for their offspring and caring more about what THEY feed them.

Nobody is forcing parents to buy certain products, it's choice.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

nerbot
reply to post by boncho

It is the parents who are killing their own kids by being lazy, ignorant and selfish and buying processed packaged cr*p rather than actually cooking for their offspring and caring more about what THEY feed them.

Nobody is forcing parents to buy certain products, it's choice.

You underestimate the volume of stupid people, and their ability to procreate in stupefying numbers.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

You underestimate the volume of stupid people, and their ability to procreate in stupefying numbers.

I think not....they are the majority and a I have known that ever since an early age when I felt different.

top topics

join