It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flint Mi, city councilman arrested for all this. Elected on November 11 2013.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So the story goes they are trying to shake up the leadership in this hard hit GM built city. A new financial manager and other city officials.....and the residents elect this guy. www.wnem.com... www.abc12.com...
edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SPYvsSPY

I think they should lock him up and throw away the key! He just got elected to serve the people and he is acting like a drunken pothead. I'm not trying to judge this guy, but if you are an elected official you need to be thinking with a clear head. And what about being a role model for the citizens of your community. Hey kids it's OK to get plastered on alcohol and drive around smoking pot. I do it and I'm councilman.
edit on 11/30/2013 by colddeadhands because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I like him

The more our politicians smoke pot, the faster and faster it will become legalized nationwide

I only vote for stoners or admitted pro pot politicians anyhow

We need more!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Police say he was driving north in the southbound lanes.

Sounds like he was out of it. That's very dangerous driving. Poor judgment so what does that says about his ability to help run a city.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Give the guy a break. It is only pot.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Cito
I like him

The more our politicians smoke pot, the faster and faster it will become legalized nationwide

We need more!!!

This is way over the hey man lets get our buzz on. This is MURDER CITY with serial killers and all that crazy stuff trying to recover from a industrial experiment.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

roadgravel

Police say he was driving north in the southbound lanes.

Sounds like he was out of it. That's very dangerous driving. Poor judgment so what does that says about his ability to help run a city.

That was the alcohol driving.
There's some merit to the idea that the more politicians get caught at something the more likely they are to legalize it. Self-interest you know.
Don't need drunks in government, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I would agree if he weren't also drinking and trying to drive. I take a really strong stance on DUI, don't do it ever under any circumstance... no matter what substance or how little, no one has the right to gamble with every life they pass on the road.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
posted on Mlive a local news site by a morning radio host.

"Mays was arrested after Flint police were dispatched to southbound I-475 north of Carpenter Road in reference to a car with four flat tires around 2:51 a.m. Police said the vehicle involved had been traveling north in the southbound lanes of I-475 on four flat tires. Mays was trying to change a flat when police found him."

Um, Flint police found him sitting in a Genesee Township police car after the vehicle with flat tires struck the side embankment in Genesee Township. So why is Flint police handling the case? The State Police should be investigating who was at the nearby party attended by many of his political enemies, and maybe they can find out who put a drug in this guy's drink. If he doesn't remember leaving the party and doesn't remember driving the wrong way on the expressway, how would a 0.11 blood alcohol content cause that kind of behavior?

Eric Mays has powerful friends in his corner if Frank Manley is on the case. He may be the best defense attorney in Michigan.

There is much more to this story, including why the Emergency Financial Manager would be sending out a Saturday press release about consulting the governor Monday on this matter.

Eric Mays was sent to jail for talking more than 3 minutes at a public hearing about what he called public corruption, despite a Flint City Charter ordinance which guarantees 10 minutes of public comment at public hearings. This is a rule that can't be changed without a vote of the citizens, yet at 2 minutes and 41 seconds, Mr. Mays was cut off and told his time was up. The EFM handed out tax breaks to his friends at Uptown for a dozen Downtown Flint buildings. One of the tax breaks went to Genesee Towers, which was subsequently handed over to Uptown for a dollar with a $750,000 check to help tear it down.

Follow the money and you will get a better idea what's going on here with Mr. Mays. He intends to use the subpoena power given city council members to find out where all the money in this city has gone. Do you suppose someone would go so far as to drug this guy at a party to get him arrested for drunken driving while tossing a bag of weed in his car? As far as I'm concerned, anybody involved could face very serious, serious charges that could include participating in a conspiracy to commit attempted murder. Mays could have been killed after he was obviously drugged by political enemies. That's my take on this case.

Mike Killbreath, 8am-9am Weekday Host
The Morning Gazette Radio Show
Flitn's News Talk WFNT 1470 AM

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I've spent some more time reading the comments and its pretty heated.

case of overzealous radio host drinking too much coffee? is he on to something? someone not as nub as me should chime in!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

mindseye1609

"Mays was arrested after Flint police were dispatched to southbound I-475 north of Carpenter Road in reference to a car with four flat tires around 2:51 a.m. Police said the vehicle involved had been traveling north in the southbound lanes of I-475 on four flat tires. Mays was trying to change a flat when police found him."

Um, Flint police found him sitting in a Genesee Township police car after the vehicle with flat tires struck the side embankment in Genesee Township. So why is Flint police handling the case? The State Police should be investigating who was at the nearby party attended by many of his political enemies, and maybe they can find out who put a drug in this guy's drink. If he doesn't remember leaving the party and doesn't remember driving the wrong way on the expressway, how would a 0.11 blood alcohol content cause that kind of behavior?

Eric Mays has powerful friends in his corner if Frank Manley is on the case. He may be the best defense attorney in Michigan.

There is much more to this story, including why the Emergency Financial Manager would be sending out a Saturday press release about consulting the governor Monday on this matter.

Eric Mays was sent to jail for talking more than 3 minutes at a public hearing about what he called public corruption, despite a Flint City Charter ordinance which guarantees 10 minutes of public comment at public hearings. This is a rule that can't be changed without a vote of the citizens, yet at 2 minutes and 41 seconds, Mr. Mays was cut off and told his time was up. The EFM handed out tax breaks to his friends at Uptown for a dozen Downtown Flint buildings. One of the tax breaks went to Genesee Towers, which was subsequently handed over to Uptown for a dollar with a $750,000 check to help tear it down.

Follow the money and you will get a better idea what's going on here with Mr. Mays. He intends to use the subpoena power given city council members to find out where all the money in this city has gone. Do you suppose someone would go so far as to drug this guy at a party to get him arrested for drunken driving while tossing a bag of weed in his car? As far as I'm concerned, anybody involved could face very serious, serious charges that could include participating in a conspiracy to commit attempted murder. Mays could have been killed after he was obviously drugged by political enemies. That's my take on this case.

Obviously drugged by political enemies huh? Yeah, ok. Was he obviously set up by the same political enemies when he pled GUILTY to felonius assault in 1987 as well? Maybe, just maybe the case was handled by Flint PD because its their jurisdiction and Genesee County arrived first and detained him because he was posing a public safety threat by being legally drunk and stoned while trying to change his vehicle tires on the side of the freeway?

www.mlive.com...

Sorry, gotta provide some reference info if you want us to believe that. Until then, in the court of public opinion hes just another scumbag criminal claiming he was "set up" by his opponents in an attempt to pull a fast one over on an ignorant and already biased constituency. Kwame anyone? I'm getting so sick of these criminals giving the metro area a black eye because they think they can do whatever the hell they want because of voter apathy and ignorance. Time for a change, lock his ass up.

Provide me, a citizen of metro Detroit, with some evidence to even remotely back up your ridiculous claims and maybe ill change my mind. Until then youre part of the albatross weighing us down.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Kgdetroit because: grammar due to imbibing while NOT behind the wheel of a car unlike the subject discussed above.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
nevermind
edit on 1-12-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The corruption in the city of Flint runs DEEEEP! In the past/present the cops ran the after hours clubs, the...I better shut up.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Kgdetroit

mindseye1609

Obviously drugged by political enemies huh? Yeah, ok. Was he obviously set up by the same political enemies when he pled GUILTY to felonius assault in 1987 as well? Maybe, just maybe the case was handled by Flint PD because its their jurisdiction and Genesee County arrived first and detained him because he was posing a public safety threat by being legally drunk and stoned while trying to change his vehicle tires on the side of the freeway?

www.mlive.com...

Sorry, gotta provide some reference info if you want us to believe that. Until then, in the court of public opinion hes just another scumbag criminal claiming he was "set up" by his opponents in an attempt to pull a fast one over on an ignorant and already biased constituency. Kwame anyone? I'm getting so sick of these criminals giving the metro area a black eye because they think they can do whatever the hell they want because of voter apathy and ignorance. Time for a change, lock his ass up.

Provide me, a citizen of metro Detroit, with some evidence to even remotely back up your ridiculous claims and maybe ill change my mind. Until then youre part of the albatross weighing us down.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Kgdetroit because: grammar due to imbibing while NOT behind the wheel of a car unlike the subject discussed above.

What i linked above was all quoted. i followed up by asking if it was just a case of an overzealous radio host.

scio me nescire my friend.

Only blowing .11 is the only thing that makes me wonder. i dont know anyone who after 2 beers is going to do that even if they've been hanging out with cheech and chong. that being said who knows what else he took.

he got ole manley to represent him, thats interesting is it not?

it wasn't genesee county either its genesee township. he was on i-475 up by carpenter.

i never made any claims to how i feel either way, just trying to present some info.
edit on 1-12-2013 by mindseye1609 because: engrish

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Cito
I like him

We need more!!!

Impaired drivers should be the poster-child for birth control. As it is, these idiots murder and maim our citizens in alarming numbers.

Alcohol or drug use while driving is not a victimless crime.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mindseye1609

Gotcha, sorry I get a bit frustrated hearing people defend Kwame and Monica Conyers et. al. to this day claiming everyone was just out to get them and they did no wrong so I got a bit overzealous in my reply. My apologies

So he blew a 0.11 which isn't completely trashed but he was also cited for possession of marjuana right? Don't ask me how I know because its certainly not from personal experience (wink wink) but weed definitely amplifies the effects of alcohol and vice versa. 0.11 and not stoned you're probably a bit tipsy. 0.11 and high as a kite and you're pretty f'ed up. We also don't know the timeline, its conceivable he blew a considerable amount of time after trying to change the tires. He could have been at almost 2x the legal limit while driving the wrong way on the freeway.

Again, sorry if I was rude. I totally misconstrued what you were saying and it struck a nerve. Apologies again.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm in the Flint area now for family matters and it's hilarious. The car was on the expressway with 4 flat tires when the police showed up. Then he's a convicted felon you just can't make this stuff up. But the voters love him because he's black of course the city has an Emergency Manager so he really doesn't do anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Kgdetroit
reply to post by mindseye1609

Gotcha, sorry I get a bit frustrated hearing people defend Kwame and Monica Conyers et. al. to this day claiming everyone was just out to get them and they did no wrong so I got a bit overzealous in my reply. My apologies

So he blew a 0.11 which isn't completely trashed but he was also cited for possession of marjuana right? Don't ask me how I know because its certainly not from personal experience (wink wink) but weed definitely amplifies the effects of alcohol and vice versa. 0.11 and not stoned you're probably a bit tipsy. 0.11 and high as a kite and you're pretty f'ed up. We also don't know the timeline, its conceivable he blew a considerable amount of time after trying to change the tires. He could have been at almost 2x the legal limit while driving the wrong way on the freeway.

Again, sorry if I was rude. I totally misconstrued what you were saying and it struck a nerve. Apologies again.

o no problem brother, i dont blame you.

as for smoking and drinking ya in high amounts they will definitely mess you up but i just cant believe it will make you go the wrong way down i-475 with 4 flat tires and then be so messed up you decide to change one?

it honestly sounds like something more to me. i understand the O IT WASNT ME OMG THEY ARE AFTER ME defense but i just "feel" like there is more here.

this guy even seems like a peach compared with some of the others that got voted in

"FLINT, MI – The newly elected Flint City Council includes a convicted killer, a man who served probation for felonious assault and two people who have gone through personal bankruptcies.

Wantwaz Davis, who beat incumbent Bernard Lawler by 71 votes to win the Fifth Ward seat, served 19 years in prison after pleading guilty to second-degree murder in 1991.

Wantwaz Davis.JPG
Wantwaz D. Davis
Davis said he didn't hide his murder conviction from voters and openly talked about the conviction with residents, but it never was publicly reported. The Journal learned of the conviction Wednesday and Davis confirmed it when asked. "

more here www.mlive.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i would like to add

by i feel like there more i mean i bet his blood will show something more then alcohol and MJ. now whether he took this substance willingly is a whole mother story. i got no idear

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
We are talking Flint here...that guy was mostly likely the best from the pool of people they could have voted for.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join