It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Landrieu Says S. Dakota Borders Canada While Calling Border Fence 'Dumb'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Another geography lesson from a U.S. Senator.

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-Louisiana) was on a wild tirade the other day a while back talking about that border fence with Mexico that never got built.

She apparently was talking against an amendment by another Senator that calls for the fence to actually be built.

“A smart fence, which is what Senator McCain and I want to build--since he’s from Arizona, I think he knows more about this than the Senator from South Dakota who only has a border with Canada and that is quite different,” Landrieu said.

And after that gem, she calls the fence "Dumb" and says we need a "Smart" fence !!

“So I would be voting against Senator Thune’s amendment because I’m not going to waste taxpayer money on a dumb fence, and that’s what his amendment would be,” Landrieu said. “We need to build a smart fence and a fence is not just a physical structure which could be built out of a variety of different materials with or without barbed wire on the top.”

And naturally, it turns out she herself voter in favor of the original law !!

Thune came back to the floor after Landrieu’s comments to note that the Louisiana Democrat actually voted for the “dumb fence” a few years ago. “I would say in response to my colleague from Louisiana that we all voted for this,” Thune said.

story and video...
Sen. Landrieu Says S. Dakota Borders Canada While Calling Border Fence 'Dumb'

And YES, She got paid for her time !!

edit on Nov-29-2013 by xuenchen because: corrected the timeline !

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This happened over a year ago!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The Canadian province of North Dakota may have an issue with the senator from Louisiana which borders France.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Forgive me, but is it less damning because it is a year old? Has the good Senator gained more control over her mind and mouth since then?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

“You are correct, I voted for the dumb fence once, I’m not going to do it again because I learned my mistake.”

Good for her. Now she can work on learning something called geography. We need some kind of test to start seeing if these people are smart enough to serve in the government.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey
This happened over a year ago!

So it is !!

I will correct the OP

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-Louisiana) was on a wild tirade the other day talking about that border fence with Mexico that never got built.

The 13th of June is hardly the other day. The op must really be bored to go through old articles on Breitbart just to find something to whine about the Dems.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Don't worry. We hate her here. The lols you hear when a commercial of her or somethong she endorses comes on is deafing. And damn is that voice aggravating.

Shes like Pelosi. Won't go away.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Remember last year when a US senator from South Caroline in a hearing mentioned more than once the possibility that the island of Guam could perhaps "turnover?"

I loved how a general was able to keep a serious face as he attempted to answer the stupidity.

You can't make that stuff up.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
A slow news day at BATS.

top topics

join