It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pack is Done!!! Call it like you see it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Since there is no “Sports Rant” forum, this will have to do.

The Pack is done this year. Say what you will. Hats off to the Lions today, they played a great game…I think. It’s hard to tell when you do not have an opponent on the field.

Yeah I know Rogers is not playing but so what? One guy gets hurt and the entire organization collapses? So you think it is not quite a collapse, let’s roll some stats:

1. The defense has been out intercepted 2.5 to 1. They have a whopping 4 this year and sit at -5 turnover ratio. I am not sure the secondary even has a plan come game time.

2. The defense has allowed over 200 yards rushing in 3 of their last 5 outings. Today they gave up over 500 yards combined. Last week Minnesota was a few yards shy of having TWO 100 yard rushers for the game. Sure Jolly was out. He is their only plan?

3. Opponents have over twice the kick return yardage as GB’s special teams.

4. The offense…where do I start? The O-line does not exist even with Rodgers in there. Today? Flynn met the turf 7 times. 24 yards rushing today on 15 carries. That is nauseating to discuss. Sure opponents are stacking the box because they know there is no threat down field. And if by chance they give one up, who cares? See GB Defensive stats for further clarification.

I know some will jump me and point out the Packers have a lot of injuries. They sure do but which team doesn’t this time of year? A good staff plans for it. A staff with PPP does not. A good staff develops a system new/young guys can step in and have a shot at being successful (see New England).

If by some miracle from above the Packers make it into the playoffs this year, it will be a crime. Why? Instead of having reality smack that front office and coaching staff in the face with what they need to do, they will see it as vindication they were right all along. The No-Plan Plan (Operation Aaron Rodgers Coattails) has been justified.

Yeah there are worse teams out there right now who would like to be sitting in GB’s shoes. Got it. I am sure there are plenty of ranters bemoaning the ills of their team.

Yeah there are bigger things in the world than the NFL. I know there are those who will jump on here to belittle anything but their cause du joir. Like it or not, the NFL is one of the things going on in the world and most folks can concentrate on more than one thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The score today was misleading. It should have been closer to 61-7. The Lions played well but shot themselves in the foot a lot. Yeah, the Pack is done.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

we do that a lot but today we shined!...Go LIONS

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Agreed. But then again it is the NFC North. These teams can snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory like nobody's business.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I don't believe they will make the play-offs this year but if Rodgers gets back healthy we could end with a mediocre year.

The thing is, Packer fans have gotten spoiled over the last 15 or so years. They have had it good.

But when the Packers "suck" their still an average team.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
You know these things are all fixed, right?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

gottaknow
You know these things are all fixed, right?

You do know that you contribute nothing to this topic, right?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Actually, I did consider this contributing to a post regarding a silly game where the outcome is controlled by the ptb in that field. Everyone knows about Detroit's financial disaster. The NFL team must be the only money-making industry in that city anymore - has to be propped up somehow - and thus the game is fixed. Are these things not obvious to everyone else? Yet week after week the shambling horde cries out in favor of "their team" as if they have anything whatsoever to do with it.
Whatever. Be good consumers and just continue to eat this ridiculous pie until you lay in your death bed and realize how completely pointless the entire sports obsession in your life was.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

Wow!

I sure thought I said something about sports being just ONE of the things going on in the world and most can focus on multiple venues. But I get your point. It can serve as an opiate for the masses, bread and circus, etc...

As far as it all being fixed, hard to say. I would guess not since the NFL is a gazillion dollar per year business. Any sign of malfeasance would definitely threaten that. Besides Detroit has been hurting for some time now. Why all of a sudden this year their football teams makes a difference? What does it really bring to the city? I do not think T-shirt sales and soaring ticket revenue are gonna make one bit of difference. I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I dig the avatar

My point is GB needs to address some substantial issues which have been festering for a while, masked by the play of AR.

...or not. It's their franchise or at least the franchise of the share holders. I guess it is to them they need to answer if they choose to ignore the teams shortcomings.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Shows you how much a quarterback and a leader has such an impact on a team. Rodgers is damn good, his passes are picture perfect and as a Viking fan I hate him with a passion, but hes such a good player you have to respect him. I really thought the Vikes were gonna lose, but now I can see the reason why the Vikings are losing and that because they lack a QB like Rodgers.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

Watching sports is entertainment. Just like going to the movies, concerts, playing sports and games, surfing websites on the internet. Whatever people do in their spare time for enjoyment. People that have no enjoyment in their lives tend to be bitter people. Exactly how you come off sounding like in your post; bitter, disillusioned, cynical, without joy. Fun life.

top topics

join