It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Lately, the internet buzz among atheists would have it that, Christianity is doomed
with'in a generation or so. It's no news that atheists are of the many that seek
to ban religion and cleanse the world of all knowledge of a Creator God. Who might
exclusively, hold the rights to mankind and any and all Creation. Simply because of
his absence, from as far as I can tell.

An absence that only came about as a result of our own, cowardly finger pointing
andchoosing to do everything, our own way. Before even trying to do anything Gods
way.Atheism, is the exact result we should see in mankind, the further he gets from
the time he had a relationship, with the Creator.God. Basically pointing first at his
woman and blaming her, Whereby those more poor in spirit, have simply become more
secular thru time ( Godless ). And then even pointing the finger of blame at God, for
the choices we made, a long time ago.

This proves beyond any doubt we haven't learned a damn thing in all this time. Since
the time of the garden. Atheists today can give no account, nor ryhme no reason,
whyif mankind simply evolved ? Why he would evolve with a knowledge of a deity,
in his literary memory and culture. They dream of a day God will be completely forgotten.
Blame God, burn anything that even looks like a communication from him, but don't
believe in him ?

I'm here to tell you all every one of you.
Don't hold your breath.

Coming in March 2014 the epic biblical tale is told surronding the Bibles narrative
account of, " The Flood " with added speculation. I see nothing wrong with adding
speculation as long as Gods message doesn't change. Something atheism usually
tries to forget in it's criticisms of just about everything biblical. That's just movie
making. "If you can't make a good story better? Why tell it ? " I look forward to the
movie Starring Russel Crowe, Anthony Hopkins, ( Methuselah ) Jennifer Connelly
and Emma Watson.

And Hollywood seems to be revisiting it's past biblical Box office smash hits recently.
As Christian Bale will take the lead role of MOSES in " Exodus " I must say I have
been waiting for this to come about. The mixing of Bible stories told with todays
FX for back drop should make for a mezmerising couple of hours and hopefully spark
new interests in todays youth. That just seems to be lacking any spirituality in
so many.

So there you go. Christianity is prefered even in Hollywood to be around for quite
some time to come. Even your enthusiasm is plastic.
edit on 27-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy Buddy..!

Atheists today can give no account, nor ryhme no reason, why
if mankind simply evolved ? Why he would evolve with a knowledge of a deity, in his literary
memory and culture.

Natural Selection chief...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I say lets give it a go. If it doesnt work out, then your god can have it back.

Cant hurt.

And it surely has to be better than how you religious folk have had things running.. abysmally.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

You get me everytime.

reply to post by winofiend
[more

Please don't count me as religious. I'm just a believer who because of the nature of the world as it is today
will never have a chance to run it. Nor would any true believer want one.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

An absence that only came about as a result of our own, cowardly finger pointing andchoosing to do everything, our own way. Before even trying to do anything Gods way. Atheism, is the exact result we should see in mankind, the further he gets from the time he had a relationship, with the Creator.God. Basically pointing first at his woman and blaming her, Whereby those more poor in spirit, have simply become more secular thru time ( Godless ). And then even pointing the finger of blame at God, for the choices we made, a long time ago.

Randy,

I know that you don't believe in reincarnation, so how is it that you blame "us" for the shortcoming of Adam and everybody that came before us? How are we responsible for the decisions that our ancestors made?

The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
Ezekiel 18:20

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Randy,

I know that you don't believe in reincarnation, so how is it that you blame "us" for the shortcoming of Adam and everybody that came before us? How are we responsible for the decisions that our ancestors made?

It's an excellent question of which I myself can only speculate, as there is much I do hand over to faith.

I would magine that when as the Bible says, sin entered the world everything changed. It's just
what he warned us of. Death became a part of life because sin became a part of the world and man
is a part of the world. Best I can do

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Fair call. Apologies for the inference

It's been a particularly interesting few weeks for me and I think I need to release some tension away from ATS as I fear I'm getting stroppy at people who do not deserve it.

Sorry.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I had no idea this was coming out and can't wait to see it. Your post was spot on as it usually is in these matters IMO. I couldn't have laid it out any better.

S&F

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Far Voice5 days ago (edited)

The Bible, like most religious books, is told mostly in METAPHOR. SOUL brings the masculine and feminine aspects of ITSELF into the HARMONY of a Greater Consciousness (the ARK) which rides the WATERS OF SPIRIT to the mountaintop, the HIGH HEAVENS, where it receives the RAINBOWS of GOD'S UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. Noone should take EDEN, NOAH, JONAH, REVELATIONS literally. You'll be crushed when you get to the Other Side and find there are trillions of other planets with life "and religions" on them.

Spot on! I concur with this comment from the video's YouTube page.

edit on 27-11-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Atheists today can give no account, nor ryhme no reason,
whyif mankind simply evolved ? Why he would evolve with a knowledge of a deity,
in his literary memory and culture.

About a million reasons. Why do bees have a queen? They all work for the queen bee.

Humans are pretty similar. The ones on the bottom are generally more superstitious, have lingering feelings of guilt throughout their lives, and a misguided sense of "morality", yet, the controlling powers (elite, whatever you want to call it… ) lack remorse, empathy, etc.

Warlords and kings all kind of rose up to power the same way.

Those things taken into account, while the idea of a christian god or pagan god, or Zeus or whoever, breathing us into existence, is far less likely than a bunch of warlords and politicians coming together thousands of years ago realizing that it's easier to get people together and manipulate them (controlling influence) so long as they had common beliefs.

And the evolutionary edge being that if you have different personality subtypes they can live in unison. An entire race of warlords I imagine will have a short evolutionary line.

The movie "there will be blood" is a perfect example of man made religion. Another one that comes to mind is the show Vikings, in the scene where the Vikings were asking the christians, 'Why does your god love gold (treasure) so much' the reply was something like, 'he doesn't, christians shed their worldly possessions to get into heaven.'

Well, yeah. That's great. Kind of based in reality. Paying pith to the church. While they hold on to valuables everyone else is +1 Jesus points and for sure getting into heaven, but I guess the ones in the church are going to hell but living rich until then?

(lets not forget the church had brothels at one time)

In conclusion: I'm not an atheist. I do think many a atheists could really give two shivs what's going to happen to christianity or any religion. Sure many would like to see it slowly wither away, not because of a deep seeded hate, but rather as a call for logic and reason.

If god sneezed us into existence. I highly doubt his only messages to us were handed down to people two thousand years ago who display signs of either extreme mental illness, or at bare minimum, people experiencing psychedelic trips. (And god knows people loved herbs and mushrooms in those days.)

I don't get the disconnect between ancient texts and today, if you really believe all of "god's words" in ___insert religious text here___, than are you also under the impression god has completely abandoned mankind for the last 1000 years or so?

If god exists, an architect, creator, perhaps computer programmer in some weird universe where we are avatars, I am pretty damn sure he wrote science into the program.
edit on 28-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Moses and Noah were practicing Jews so I dont see how these 2 movies = Hollywood loves Christians

Christianity is dying, it wont be in our lifetimes but in the not too distant future Sunday church services will be a thing of the past.
Ignorance and fear are what keeps an organised religion strong, people are becoming less ignorant and I dont know any Christians who really believe in hell as pictured, taking away the fear.

Im all for a relationship with God but when you start putting yourself into a category/box and thinking you know more than others about the man in the sky is when the trouble starts.

Long live God but death to organised religions!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I would magine that when as the Bible says, sin entered the world everything changed. It's just
what he warned us of. Death became a part of life because sin became a part of the world and man
is a part of the world. Best I can do

Who sinned first, the neanderthals or the homosapiens?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
nice! S&F!

can't wait to see it.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

randyvs
...Christianity is doomed with'in a generation or so. It's no news that atheists are of the many that seek to ban religion and cleanse the world of all knowledge of a Creator God. Who might exclusively, hold the rights to mankind and any and all Creation. Simply because of his absence, from as far as I can tell.

randyvs - whether you know it, or not, I have loved you from the first time I saw your avatar!
I have no problem with you believing in God - Creator God - Jesus Christ - Allah - or Whomever.
Don't know that I'm atheist...but, I often align in defense of atheism, when others attack (and vice versa, when Christians are being attacked).
Having lived 50+ years, believing the Bible... Spending decades (or - more than a decade) "in the ministry"...living, breathing, studying, praying, meditating, counseling, etc... I know what it is like to "lose faith", and to "lose hope"...and I would not wish that upon ANYONE - much less, someone I am as fond of, as you.
So - please - do not place all who do not believe the story, as you, into such an antagonistic box - - - you could be dis'ing your own 'support network'.
Or - go ahead. I've known your beliefs from the start, and liked you, anyway. So - (another Billy Joel reference) Don't Go Changin' Just To Please Me...

(By the way - you can believe whatever you want about "why" I no longer believe the story that held more than half-a-century of my life...and I will not hold it against you.)

I am looking forward to the "Noah" movie... Will probably desire to see the one about Moses, too.
When you've studied and learned as much of "The Bible" as I have - those stories are forever engrained, and continue to hold some mystical place - - - you just don't know what value to place on them, anymore.

I could go and answer some of the questions you asked (rhetorically, I presume), but would rather leave you in the comfort and peace that you've found.
Best Regards!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Also, to elaborate where "messages from god" come from.

'Moses was high on hallucinogenic drug when he received Ten Commandments,' claims top academic
Last updated at 00:20 05 March 2008

When Moses received the Ten Commandments from God, he was summoned right to the top of Mount Sinai.
But the man who led the Children of Israel to safety may have been even higher at the time, if an Israeli academic is to be believed.
Psychology professor Benny Shanon says it was likely Moses was hallucinating under the influence of a mind-altering drug at the time of his biblical achievements.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The ‘Rise of Atheism’ is really a backlash against the three outdated Abrahamic Religions of Islam, Christianity and Judaism. Take Dawkins books, for example, they usually devolve into an argument against Christianity instead of an argument against God. One can believe in God and not be a sexist, paranoid, hate filled, hypocrite. I believe there will be a continuing trend and rise of Atheism for some time coinciding with a decline in organized religion. At some point in the future there will be a rise in spirituality and much older religions without the silly rules and rituals and fashion statements. People are sick of child abuse and sexual abuse being swept under the rug to protect the church or the mosque or the Synagogue. Women are sick of being treated like second class citizens. All three of the Abrahamic religions preach that men are better than women. That’s a red flag right there. Or put another way…there’s your sign.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Noah was nine hundred and fifty years old when he died.

They should have at least put some elements of reallism in such fairytales.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Noah was not a Jew, and neither was Moses. Noah predated Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Judah. Moses was a member (IIRC) of the tribe of Levi, therefore not a Judahite/Jew. Now you know stuff.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

boncho
Also, to elaborate where "messages from god" come from.

'Moses was high on hallucinogenic drug when he received Ten Commandments,' claims top academic

That bodes terribly for the sake of mother natures mystical fruits.

If it caused religion...

Oh god psilocybin.. whyyy...

-- every single post of mine is telling me it timed out then posting on refresh. this is rather annoying. lol
edit on 28-11-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

More likely '___' was the main source. Joe Rogan, thoughts on '___'.

It actually makes a lot of sense. People see geometrical patterns, start "seeing" sound, then are whisked away "into another universe" and suddenly speaking with Aliens/God/etc.

Very easy to see how this all could have been bread out of that. Then you have the connection to "sorcery" and drugs later on, then witch trials. Where witches and heretics are labeled as sexually promiscuous and immoral.

Reminds me of Battlestar Galactica.

"All Of This Has Happened Before And Will Happen Again"*

So maybe, the war on drugs, morality law, etc… Is just another witch hunt. Maybe we are all just doing it again. And the creation of it, may have started with some great insight into our spiritual existence: A vision quest, a herb ceremony, etc, but ended when some fuddy duddy had a bad trip.

Picture Judge Judy on Acid, and just think how many "Satanists" she'd want to hang afterward…

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join