It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by boncho

Real as if todays events were being recorded by a schizophrenic only to be later studied/discussed two thousand years from now.

Boncho
By what credentials do you label any author seen or unseen
present or absent, any author of any time a schizophrenic ?
If you don't hold any credentials of such, then as some
friendly advice I suggest you refrain from making such
judgements. Only because it could be interpreted as false
information. Then someone might call you a liar.

Abraham, Moses and Ezekiel come to mind.

Schizophrenia (/ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes and by impaired emotional responses.[1] Common symptoms are delusions including paranoia and auditory hallucinations, disorganized thinking reflected in speech, and a lack of emotional intelligence. It is accompanied by significant social or vocational dysfunction. The onset of symptoms typically occurs in young adulthood, with a global lifetime prevalence of about 0.3–0.7%.[2] Diagnosis is based on observed behavior and the patient's reported experiences.

All displaying signs of either a mental illness or drug induced state.

Abraham:

The Binding of Isaac (in Hebrew the עֲקֵידַת יִצְחַק, Akedát Yitzḥák, also known simply as "The Binding" הָ)עֲקֵידָה), the Akedah or Aqedah,[1][2] or in Arabic as the Binding of Ishmael, Dhabih (ذبيح) or "Slaughter"), is a story from the Hebrew Bible in which God asks Abraham to sacrifice his son, Isaac, on Mount Moriah. The account states that Abraham "bound Isaac, his son"[3] before placing him on the altar, resulting in the popular name for the incident.

Ezekiel's Visions:

1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.

2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin— 3 the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians.[a] There the hand of the Lord was on him.

4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

Moses Hallucinating:

There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”

4 When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”

And Moses said, “Here I am.”

Be careful Randy, denying these accounts and someone might think you to be a lier. I did not give a diagnosis, I presented the accounted versions of stories, and offered up a hypothesis.

This isn't revolutionary idea, schizophrenia board discussing whether or not they hear god.

And Shaman's and others believe the only way to speak to god is through hallucinogenic.

I'm positing the question, why is it for everyone else there is a different set of rules. Why in ancient christianity, this all is considered a miracle of god, but by common day standards it would be considered either mental illness or a drug induced delusion.

In any case, I didn't want to railroad your topic so I made another thread on it.
edit on 28-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

boncho
reply to post by edmc^2

NT - Jesus confirmed its historicity.

You have an example of Jesus's notarization for us all to see?

As someone who CANNOT and will NOT lie, you have Jesus' Words.

That is more than enough notarization!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

edmc^2

boncho
reply to post by edmc^2

And who wrote the record of Jesus's words? They can't lie either? Just one Jesus signature and I'll shut up. Heck, even a seal. Did Jesus have a seal?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

boncho

edmc^2

boncho
reply to post by edmc^2

And who wrote the record of Jesus's words? They can't lie either? Just one Jesus signature and I'll shut up. Heck, even a seal. Did Jesus have a seal?

BAH!!

You beat me to it

LOL

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

boncho

edmc^2

boncho
reply to post by edmc^2

We have his Words - why are you asking for a seal as if such things exist (in the physical realm - Rev 7:1-8)?

Unless of course you also doubt Jesus' existence.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

edmc^2

boncho

edmc^2

boncho
reply to post by edmc^2

We have his Words - why are you asking for a seal as if such things exist (in the physical realm - Rev 7:1-8)?

A seal is a formal stamp of identity used in the past. They were usually of a moniker or a coat of arms, identifying the author of whatever might be "sealed" or stamped. This dates back to ancient times.

www.artofmanliness.com...

Someone existing does not validate words attributed to them after death. I can't say, Alexander the Great believed in gay marriage and give my proof of this by then stating, "Look him up, he existed!"

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

boncho

edmc^2

boncho

edmc^2

boncho
reply to post by edmc^2

A seal is a formal stamp of identity used in the past. They were usually of a moniker or a coat of arms, identifying the author of whatever might be "sealed" or stamped. This dates back to ancient times.

www.artofmanliness.com...

Someone existing does not validate words attributed to them after death. I can't say, Alexander the Great believed in gay marriage and give my proof of this by then stating, "Look him up, he existed!"

So you also doubt Alexander the Great's existence?

I wonder at what point are you going to take the Noah event to non-event.

As for the seal - no need to elaborate on it. It's self explanatory. We all know what it is.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Actually I haven't got a clue what you're talking about

What is this seal you speak of?

????
edit on 28-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

So you also doubt Alexander the Great's existence?

I wonder at what point are you going to take the Noah event to non-event.

As for the seal - no need to elaborate on it. It's self explanatory. We all know what it is.

You misinterpreted. Proof of Alexander the Greats existence is not hear say. You say proof of Noah is in Jesus's words, but we have no account of Jesus's words besides what some other person said.

In fact, my example is completely the same as you saying Jesus verifies the accounts of Noah. If this is acceptable proof, I can say Alexander the Great was for gay marriage. After all, angels told me.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Now you should be careful. At least by how you look at things.
For instance many people wouldn't hesitate to say something like:

Bah! he was beggar, he never signed anything. He didn't even have a seal.

Then I would be saying :

Look at the wandering miracle of this one and only Jesus Christ.
Of whom like so many thousands died on a roman cross in total obscurity.
No signature, no seal, not even his own burial place. And yet he is
the most revered of all men. Even the roman Centurions words are
recorded as compelled by what he had witnessed. Thereby his own
words offer Romes final verdict. As even Pilate could find no fault
in him.

" Truly this was a righteous man " or " Truly, this man was the son of God ".

Which ever you prefer by translation.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I believe what hes saying is that Noah could have easily been written into the story by the authors or even later zealous scribes... Its quite possible Jesus never actually mentioned Noah

It happened in other places in the book... theres no reason to not to believe it couldn't happen in this case as well

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I realise I'm arguing with myself. No need to call attention to the obvious.

edit on 28-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Technically I'm calling attention to the oblivious...

Just in case... ye know how some people are

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

How can Noah be a Jew? Jews come from the tribe of Judah, and they came from Abraham who had a covenant with God. So, just how is Noah who is pre=Abraham a Jew? Please, if you are going to expound on biblical stuff at least know where in the timeline these people came into being.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by boncho

Look at the wandering miracle of this one and only Jesus Christ.
Of whom like so many thousands died on a roman cross in total obscurity.
No signature, no seal, not even his own burial place. And yet he is
the most revered of all men. Even the roman Centurions words are
recorded as compelled by what he had witnessed. Thereby his own
words offer Romes final verdict. As even Pilate could find no fault
in him.

And if Constantine didn't choose to follow Christianity? He was after all, a pagan in the beginning. But proceeded to persecute them after taking up Jesus.

Suppression of other religions[edit]

Main article: Constantine I's turn against Paganism
See also: Decline of Greco-Roman polytheism

Constantine's position on the religions traditionally practiced in Rome evolved during his reign. In fact, his coinage and other official motifs, until 325, had affiliated him with the pagan cult of Sol Invictus. At first, Constantine prohibited the construction of new temples[33] and tolerated traditional sacrifices;[10] by the end of his reign, he had begun to order the pillaging and tearing down of Roman temples.

Irony is thick here for people not blinded by personal beliefs.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

How can Noah be a Jew? Jews come from the tribe of Judah, and they came from Abraham who had a covenant with God. So, just how is Noah who is pre=Abraham a Jew? Please, if you are going to expound on biblical stuff at least know where in the timeline these people came into being.

He was a Jew because he only took two of every animal on board his spaceship Ark. There were plenty of animal families that wanted to stay together. He simply proclaimed, "that's too much".

Ba dun dunt.

*No jews were harmed in the creation of this post.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

And if Constantine didn't choose to follow Christianity? He was after all, a pagan in the beginning. But proceeded to persecute them after taking up Jesus.

Did you evcen think about what I wrote?
Explaining all the makes of vehicles and knowing the sizes of the engines
in detail.Doesn't begin to explain the fact that Christ is what he is today.

You can't take the solid fact away because of the vehicle/apparatus/engine
that was there and available to bring about what we have today. I mean really?
Tell me if this sounds right to you ?

Secretariet would never have won the triple crown without Ronny Turcot.
I mean, what the hell ?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by boncho

Did you evcen think about what I wrote?
Explaining all the makes of vehicles and knowing the sizes of the engines
in detail.Doesn't begin to explain the fact that Christ is what he is today.

You can't take the solid fact away because of the vehicle/apparatus/engine
that was there and available to bring about what we have today. I mean really?
Tell me if this sounds right to you ?

Secretariet would never have won the triple crown without Ronny Turcot.
I mean, what the hell ?

Unless you were born with the inherent knowledge of the life & times of Jesus H christ, I would have to ask you, well, "how do you know about this great man?" and in that, I would see that history was manipulated by tyrannical powers, and that Christ's rise to fame would really be no different than if George Bush decided to stay in power, continue his war in the Middle East, expand the American Empire, and then claim Scientology for his new faith.

Lord Xenu, the one and only true…

There are plenty of folk heroes. How they get to deity status is entirely relevant.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Did you just draw a comparison between Jesus Christ and George Bush ?

Are you trying to induct lightning ?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by boncho

Did you just draw a comparison between Jesus Christ and George Bush ?

Are you trying to induct lightning ?

Jesus and Ron L Hubbard actually, I'm asking for a meteor on my head. (If Jesus is real that is).

So much smiting. No time for love and peace. -Sigh-

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join