It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many UFO activity in Greece

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Ploutonas
reply to post by alfa1

Guys its confirmed... The most recent incident, 1 hour ago, it was a huge comet and exploded near 2 islands.. Here is a more official statement.

translate.google.com... -perioxi%2F
edit on 27-11-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

Not a comet. An asteroid, which becomes a meteor when it enters our atmosphere.

Astronomy 101

Comets = dirty snowballs, they can be seen for months before they approach the earth because they evaporate as they approach the inner solar system, which makes them bright and gives them a long tail which can be seen over many weeks.

Asteroids = dark rocky or iron objects which can escape detection until one enters our atmosphere unless one knows where to look for them.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Hey guys, a video released today, surely more will follow, its a bit dark and bad quality, bad you can see the object. It has small tail and the sky is clean. www.zougla.gr...

It was not an airplane, its reported to dozen big news blogs, western media dont speak about it... So maybe I posted it in the correct section of this forum... lol

The video is taken from this spot of Greece maps.google.com...

And the object made this path , before it explode, check the marks from the top to the btm.. 2.bp.blogspot.com...

Here is a second video and big news blog, there is reports for damages in some houses!
video + news . Here the object changes colors and it looks spherical...

I will keep this topic informed if more videos pop up.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the updates.

There is a couple of astronomers in Spain who tracked the meteor which exploded over Russia back to its point of origin and they suggest that it belonged to a family of objects on the same general path.

Chelyabinsk meteorite may have gang of siblings – study - RT

So we may just have to get used to bright, exploding bolide meteors for awhile.

Here was one which exploded not far from me near Portland, Oregon last week:

The thing is that was the 2nd one in two weeks!

Here was the earlier one in October.

There was also one in Southern California on the 7th:

Poor kid in Florida was hit by a piece of one the other day:

edit on 28-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

JadeStar

That is an example of a misinterpreted contrail. Nothing exploded! Take a look at the playback on Flight Radar 24 and note the aviation going through that region at that time. Why is there no reports from flight crew of this explosion. The time-lapse video shows the reason why people were confused at what they were photographing. Remember that the images have the times of 0710 and 0715 and just before full sunrise at 0717. The time lapse shows the contrails and clouds being lit up. Just an example of how people can be fooled by sunlit contrails. .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Just a quick report about the "night become day in chios island", according to my research, its blcks.
I kept a distance and I expressed it after all...

all the rest are fine.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

The night become day in Chios Island for 45 minutes, people thought its day time so they all moved into schools, jobs, but it got dark again and people panicked!.. Thats what the article states, but I have to ask some locals to confirm it... I read it today!

It was definitely Apollo coming back to his once called home...

guys its strange, for a first time I am so confused, thousands of reports coming from people, they saw it even in Athens, they said it was a bright white light, then it turn into yellow, then green and exploded in 3 pieces...

and he must be pissed that someone sabotaged his chariot

Anyway, thanks for sharing, it`s an interesting thread and I`ll certainly be monitoring it for further updates...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

Good job on the updates there Ploutonas,
Keep up the good work

i feel like a bit of a d*** for highlighting the "night became day" bit, but it was so extraordinary and the report was a tad sensational, i thought i should post it.
im sorry i came across with that

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

tommyjo

JadeStar

That is an example of a misinterpreted contrail. Nothing exploded! Take a look at the playback on Flight Radar 24 and note the aviation going through that region at that time. Why is there no reports from flight crew of this explosion. The time-lapse video shows the reason why people were confused at what they were photographing. Remember that the images have the times of 0710 and 0715 and just before full sunrise at 0717. The time lapse shows the contrails and clouds being lit up. Just an example of how people can be fooled by sunlit contrails. .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

Did you bother checking the American Meteor Society page for the event?

www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

www.amsmeteors.org...

That is simply people reporting what they think is an 'exploding fireball with a trail'. The time-lapse show how people were misinterpreting a contrail being lit shortly before sunrise. Yes it look odd, but where are all the reports from professional aviators in that region who would obviously have seen an 'exploding trail'? Remember this stems from the helicopter who also thought that a contrail at 0624 PST was unusual. Again nothing unusual reported by commercial flights flying through the region. Do you not think that this is unusual? Simply another case of a sunlit contrail being misinterpreted as you can see by the time lapse from the weatherman.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

tommyjo

www.amsmeteors.org...

That is simply people reporting what they think is an 'exploding fireball with a trail'. The time-lapse show how people were misinterpreting a contrail being lit shortly before sunrise. Yes it look odd, but where are all the reports from professional aviators in that region who would obviously have seen an 'exploding trail'? Remember this stems from the helicopter who also thought that a contrail at 0624 PST was unusual. Again nothing unusual reported by commercial flights flying through the region. Do you not think that this is unusual? Simply another case of a sunlit contrail being misinterpreted as you can see by the time lapse from the weatherman.

Those are reports from experienced meteor spotters. Some of whom also report to NASA. Do you not think someone would have connected a flight with the contrail if that was the source?

Its easy to go back through flight tracking software and check.

Here's an experiment for you. Go to Flightaware and run the traffic for that time and that day. I want altitude, heading, everything. I also want winds aloft up to a 45,000 feet ceiling.

If meteor people say its a meteor it's a meteor.

Commercial pilots don't always see bolides and its unclear there was any other traffic in the area at the time that would have reported it anyway.

For all the bolide sightings, VERY FEW are reported by pilots.

Look, I am an astronomy student and amateur astronomer, I know the difference between a sunlit contrail at dawn or dusk, at a high altitude and a bolide.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just to avoid creating a new topic about it. It happened in Athens just a couple of hours ago. Since its not my image, I give u the link and if you click the image, you can watch it enlarged.

www.katohika.gr...

the article says : a scared to death viewer of this website, took this photo while ago from the skies of Athens and when he made it home he uploaded it from his mobile.

this is the direct link to the image 3.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 1-12-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
None of the videos in your links function. Also, some of those website seem kinda iffy.

originally posted by: Ploutonas
I thought Its nice to let you informed about 3(plus one) insidents in my country...

FIRST : triangle UFO in my Island Lesbos (lesbians took their nick name from my isnald, because of an ancient poetress). www.inewsgr.com...

This happened in August 2013.

Second : Ufo in Athens 2 days ago. www.youtube.com...
also lots of news blogs posted it... diadrastiko.blogspot.gr...

Third : 1 hour ago, a light object pass with high speed and exploded in NORTH Kefalonia (I will link you news article and google map).
news 1
news 2

Its fresh news, so they will update the articles soon enough. You can use Google translator (copy paste the links and it will translate it in english).

Here is the google Kefalonia

And fourth : it is not confirmed, they just posted it today, I live very near to that island and I have to ask some locals....

The night become day in Chios Island for 45 minutes, people thought its day time so they all moved into schools, jobs, but it got dark again and people panicked!.. Thats what the article states, but I have to ask some locals to confirm it... I read it today!

parasnews.blogspot.gr...

I thought its good to let you know...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
Just to avoid creating a new topic about it. It happened in Athens just a couple of hours ago. Since its not my image, I give u the link and if you click the image, you can watch it enlarged.

www.katohika.gr...

the article says : a scared to death viewer of this website, took this photo while ago from the skies of Athens and when he made it home he uploaded it from his mobile.

this is the direct link to the image 3.bp.blogspot.com...

Looks like a hole punch cloud to me.

Here is one over Moscow which not surprisingly some people reported as a UFO:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join