It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Robber’s Family Is Angry After He Is Shot Robbing A Dollar Store!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
it's the left that thinks the GS should have walked.

well, maybe anti-gunners, or moms, or who knows.

the kid is lucky to be alive.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It is sad.
Sad that we now have older generations that view armed robbery as a legitimate means of livelihood.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
That is a huge problem these days. Parents can't accept responsibility that they failed in teaching their kids right from wrong. Their children can do no wrong, so the kid then knows that they can get away with anything. It starts at an early age and only gets worse.

I am sure when he served time for armed robbery previously, it wasn't his fault and he was wrongly accused and set up. blah blah blah. Cry me a river.
I am sick and tired of people thinking their kids can do no wrong. Mine have been raised that if you are big enough to do something wrong or stupid, you damned well better be able to suffer the consequences.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

What else is this young man's MOTHER going to say? She is his mother! Many replies here are racially profiling this incident.

Caucasian Americans do this kind of thing, too. Caucasian people have to suffer growing up in ghettos, too. American has too many ghettos. Here in the UK there are poor places, but nothing on the scale of what you have there. I wonder why that is? It's not that the U.S is poorer per head of population; it must be something else.

I think the U.S gun culture is making life much more miserable and full of horror for you. Desperate people who have access to weaponry are bound to express themselves in desperate ways. Yet most Americans want to keep this gun culture.

The equation is that while there are so many desperate people who have access to guns these incidents will continue.

Some of the replies I have read here indicate the hatred, lack of care, and inhumane attitudes to people who have to suffer ghetto life. Some people appear totally ignorant of how growing up desperately in a ghetto will twist someone enough to be capable of violent crime.

Ghettos are the real crime. The real crime is that nations don't care enough about their own and the symptom is the existence of ghettos.

You have too many ghettos U.S; Places full of the people you once enslaved! Look there to discover why things are so bad now. Still you treat these people with contempt like they are animals (as many posters here have clearly let us know the inhumanity of their attitudes socially). What a turn off.

Have an Elvis video. At least Elvis knew why all this bad stuff happens;

"People don't you understand
This Child needs a HELPING HAND
He'll grow to be an angry young man some day.
I take a look at you and me
Are we too blind to see
Or do we simply turn our heads
And look the other way..."

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

FirePiston
Why are you surprised? Every ghetto turd who gets got, the mother and father say "he was a good kid!" From the video it sounds like the man with the ccw was also black thank God, or this would turn into a race issue.
Firepiston

The people of Ghettostan always have excuses to explain their worthlessness - "the man holds us down", "that's racist", etc.

People of the ghetto lands, stop lying to yourselves.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

What else is this young man's MOTHER going to say? She is his mother! Many replies here are racially profiling this incident.

What else is she going to say? Are you kidding me? How about "I love my son, but he has been making bad choices. I'm just happy he isn't dead."
How about "I'm sorry my son caused this to happen"

Although my own son has never gone close to doing something like armed robbery, he has made mistakes. Not ONCE have I made excuses for him. I still love him, but as a parent, you have to "man up" to your children's choices.
No matter, race, religion, social or economical background.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don't blame any parent for defending their children.
It's a natural response and no doubt the poor woman was in shock from finding out her son had been shot while in the commission of a robbery. She's not in her right mind atm. As a parent myself I wouldn't be.

I blame the media for broadcasting her opinions.
They knew it would make her look ridiculous but that generates controversy and talk around the water cooler.
Ratings go up. Mission accomplished.

Her son though, just 1 week after being bailed out for another armed robbery?
Not much chance of a contributing member of society there, eh?
I think people would be less likely to commit these types of crimes were it up to the relatives to pay for their stay in the Angola Hilton.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I understand what you are saying. I would support my child to the best of my ability if one of them were in this situation.
However, some of the things she said seems to legitimize armed robbery.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Revolution9
reply to post by HomerinNC

Caucasian Americans do this kind of thing, too. Caucasian people have to suffer growing up in ghettos, too. American has too many ghettos. Here in the UK there are poor places, but nothing on the scale of what you have there. I wonder why that is? It's not that the U.S is poorer per head of population; it must be something else.

I think the U.S gun culture is making life much more miserable and full of horror for you. Desperate people who have access to weaponry are bound to express themselves in desperate ways. Yet most Americans want to keep this gun culture.

The equation is that while there are so many desperate people who have access to guns these incidents will continue.

Some of the replies I have read here indicate the hatred, lack of care, and inhumane attitudes to people who have to suffer ghetto life. Some people appear totally ignorant of how growing up desperately in a ghetto will twist someone enough to be capable of violent crime.

Ghettos are the real crime. The real crime is that nations don't care enough about their own and the symptom is the existence of ghettos.

You have too many ghettos U.S; Places full of the people you once enslaved! Look there to discover why things are so bad now. Still you treat these people with contempt like they are animals (as many posters here have clearly let us know the inhumanity of their attitudes socially). What a turn off.

Have an Elvis video. At least Elvis knew why all this bad stuff happens;

"People don't you understand
This Child needs a HELPING HAND
He'll grow to be an angry young man some day.
I take a look at you and me
Are we too blind to see
Or do we simply turn our heads
And look the other way..."

First of all, your making an assumption that this kid grew up in the getto. Do you think because he's black he's automatically poor too. Talk about racial profiling.

The kid is lucky to be alive, and the individual who took it upon himself to step in and help gets an s&f from me for doing so.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

butcherguy

I understand what you are saying. I would support my child to the best of my ability if one of them were in this situation.

i would kick his ass.

turn him in, myself.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

tsingtao

butcherguy

i would kick his ass.

turn him in, myself.

Yes, I would want to kick some ass. I would definitely turn him in. What I am saying is that he would still be my son and I would visit him at prison, try to set him on the right path and still love him.

But she is an ass for saying what she did. He was wrong (apparently repeatedly) and she needs to face up to the fact that armed robbery can result in the bad guys getting shot by very well-meaning persons.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I hope that this kid goes through a long and painful rehabilitation period during his recovery before prison. And hopefully the weather changes are painful as well for the rest of his life. A constant nagging reminder of what other choices he could have made.

Courts and prison rarely rehabilitate thugs...but being in constant pain works wonders.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

FirePiston

HomerinNC
The NERVE of this suspect's mother!!!!!

The family of a suspected thief is lashing out after their son was shot during an armed robbery. Relatives of Adric White, 18, believe the Good Samaritan who opened fire should have “just left the store.” The Good Samaritan told FOX10 News he was shopping at the Family Dollar on Stanton road when he noticed a masked gunman leading one of the employees to the front of the store. “He had the gun to his head. He had him on his knees,” said the man. “I drew my gun on him and I said ‘Hey don’t move.’ At that point he swung around and before he had a chance to aim the gun at me I fired. I didn’t want to shoot him.”

The suspect's mother said the good guy should have "LEFT THE STORE AND NOT GET INVOLVED"
The dirtbag survived, and is recovering.
The good Samaritan should have shot to kill.
The things I have to say about the mother will get me kicked for T&C, but after watching the video, you can pretty much know what I'm thinking

Why are you surprised? Every ghetto turd who gets got, the mother and father say "he was a good kid!" From the video it sounds like the man with the ccw was also black thank God, or this would turn into a race issue.
Firepiston

Paging Al Sharpton

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sounds to me like momma might have been in on the goods. Maybe they should check her house for some of the loot from his previous robberies?
I'll bet she was cashing in on it. After all, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

And they demanded that the news not show the interview? Why? Maybe an out of place 60" HDTV, or possibly even some incriminating evidence?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

"He shouldn't have gotten involved!" Sounds familiar. Funny that, I think more people should be getting involved.

What if it was a officer of the law that drew and fired, would the family member still say that, that the cop should have gotten in his patrol car and driven of.

Why did he get involved if there was no gun pointed at him?

Why not ask why did my family member point a gun at an innocent to get in the position he is in now, recovering from from 5 gun shots?

Sunshine lollypops and rainbows everywhere....

I am in lala land, this insanity is....... insane to the power of infinity.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Revolution9

At no point in your post do you blame the 1 person responsible for this and that is the criminal.
He chose to commit armed robbery and is the only person to blame.

You can sit here all you want and say "he grew up in the ghetto , so it's justified" in the end that is just an excuse. His mother should be saying "He made a really bad choice and I am just glad he is alive." not making ridiculous statements about how the other citizen should have stayed away.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Has any one proff read what they are posting befor they hit reply?
Ok guy was robbin a dollar store another guy stoped it robber gets shot .Mom says stupid things .
now how about DOING SOMETHING TO START FIXING THE CAUSE of this GROWING US problem.
OOO I dont know teaching ((or reteaching people to have pride in them self would be a good place to start .
You honstly think your so much better then the thug witth the gun when you post I hope he stays in pain they should all be shot?? Now you SEE were these thugs GET IT FROM YOU. Hey shot them all dont be surprised when the person you labaled a THUG living in a US heck hole. Grows up not caring if you gte shot and robbed . You cant creat compassion be being UNcommpassionat .
Get people toghter clean up the area put a sence or pride back there and watch the are once again become livible .
Its has been done in the past when people said ENOUGH and worked toghter to change teh area and reteach pride Which judging by some of these replys is in SHORT supply on this thread

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

TDawgRex
I hope that this kid goes through a long and painful rehabilitation period during his recovery before prison. And hopefully the weather changes are painful as well for the rest of his life. A constant nagging reminder of what other choices he could have made.

Courts and prison rarely rehabilitate thugs...but being in constant pain works wonders.

Lol I think they said he did like a year or so for his other armed robbery..... Because of my skin color I would do a year for a decent amount of pot or something else small and trivial.
Firepiston

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A similar thing happened in Knoxville this past spring,
Knoxville dollar general store robber shot and killed by manager
the manager was the one being robbed but he had a gun also.
This same perp had robbed several stores shortly before and held guns to women's heads all of which said he was unstable.
The manager of the LAST store he robbed is a personal friend of mine.
What the story does not say is that he was a special ops sniper and saw lots of action in Afghanistan.
He did nor reenlist because he did not like shooting people from what he is able to talk about he shot more than one while on duty.
What else that was not said is he was a black man also. (For the record I am white)
When it happened and people would bring up the fact the manager was black as well as the robber the posts were removed. The ones saying he was a former military trained sniper was also suppressed, I think because it did not fit their agenda that he should not be armed and shooting because he may accidentally hit an innocent person.
This guy is one of the nicest people you would ever meet, the type guy you could call at 3am if you needed help and he would be there in 30 minutes and unless you knew him good he would not mention the military.

He did lose his job but there was a huge backlash at dollar general demanding he be rehired.
There was a huge amount of support for him from the Black community as well as whites.

He did not return but was offered a much better job at another local owned business.
He was not charged but if he had been there were good lawyers who contacted him willing to represent him for free. There was also a fund set up to help pay his expenses. Non of which were ever reported and when brought up in comments sections on the news sites they were removed. But the news was quick to tell where people could donate to the "victim's" family.
edit on 27-11-2013 by jessintn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Those are some pretty sharp misjudgments you're slinging all the way across the pond.

First, a good parent is far less likely to produce criminal children, but in the rare cases when it does happen, the good parent will (albeit with profound sadness) refuse to defend or justify that behavior.

Next, you apparently ignore the fact that an overwhelming majority of these crimes are committed with guns acquired illegally. Gun legislation has no impact on a criminal's ability to procure a firearm. The only thing it does impact is the ability to put guns into the hands of responsible citizens who can react to the situation the way the man in this story did. The more we curtail that control, the more people will die because of the illegally acquired weapons.

Lastly, your complete and utter lack of reason or true humanity is what allows you to use "ghetto life" as justification for criminal activity. There is no justification. A human who wants to be a good person will do so no matter how tough life is, or die trying. Those who are weak will give in and become another depressing statistic.

Please: if you haven't had any children of your own yet, don't. You're not ready.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join