It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare, the Chevy Volt of healthcare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It kinda is the Chevy Volt already.

When plans for the Volt were first discussed publicly to generate buzz, the price tag was to be about $18,000. A cheap car for the masses. But for some unknown reason, they could not use the battery from the GM EV-1 because they lost the blueprints. Odd, since I know the factory where they built those batteries and they have blueprint going back to the early 1930's. But I digress.

So a whole lot of money had to be spent to develop a brand new battery that would drive maybe 40 miles (depending on electrical usage of lights, radio and AC). Which you can drive about 40 miles without an alternator in a car today using a good old regular battery before the fuel pump doesn't have enough juice to keep pumping. That is if you are not using lights, radio and AC, of course.

But the amazing thing about the Volt was just before it was scheduled to go live, it had a slight delay in the release due to the annoying habit of the engine not being strong enough to power the Volt up a very moderate hill. In fact, Chevy exes had to edit news articles and video (for company trade secret reasons) to be sure videos and reports of it not climbing a small hill were not included under the explanation that is just the prototype model being used to show the body styling.

Yes, in 2011 when the first 6000 Volts had been sold, there was a report of each one costing about $250,000 due to the $3 Billion in subsidies. And there was a report that each on cost GM $89,000 to build (a $49,000 loss on the $40,000 sticker price).

But the nail in the coffin wasn't the battery fire danger. No, the problem was that you could buy a Cruze for half the price and have the exact same fuel efficiency (or better) on a longer trip. Just like I, as a single male over 40, do not need a policy that includes birth control, abortion coverage and OB/GYN visits. Nor do I need drug rehab...although mental health might be needed if they keep creating laws like this that I get to pay more money I don't have when I could use it elsewhere to make money by investing. It would have been nice had they bundled things everyone can use like vision and dental into Obamacare. Or the standard 80/20 co-pay without the huge $8,000-$10,000 deductible before the $6,000 per year premium covers a dime of medical bills.

In the end, I suppose I can't be too upset that the Volt doesn't stack up to EV-1 or even the Cruze. I am just thankful that the brainiacs behind the Volt have not been making that flying car that we are all suppose to have not that it is the 21st Century. But when Obamacare sucks so bad that even Obama doesn't want his name attached to it anymore, then maybe that should speak for itself.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by beezzer

Absolutely a "Chevy Volt" and with a jolt.

My concern is what will they call the "Cash for Clunkers" version ?

"Cash for Corpses(Dead or Alive)"

Bring in the sick and the old(walking or not)and we will reward you with a lower deductible and $100.00 off on your next premium payment!

But hurry, offer ends soon!

Sorry folks I just couldn't help myself.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Helious

fripw
reply to post by Helious

Single payer, wouldn't that be great. I'd rather have a bumbling nonprofit government run insurance than a corrupt monopoly. They seem to do a good job with medicare.

Id rather somebody shoot me directly in the face but I'm sure that would cost too much for my single payer insurer, they most likely would have to apply small cuts and let me wait out death.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

What will you shoot yourself in the face with when Obama and Banki Moonie come for your guns?

This whole health care thing is like Star Wars Episode One but with more Jar Jar Binks and no Darth Maul to at least make things okay at the end. Collusion and corruption at its finest. Insurance companies rely on actuaries...these people determine the value of your life, house, auto, etc. And if they are "cost effective" for saving. Premiums had been skyrocketing for years before anyone outside of Illinois knew who the Hell Barry O was...the whole thing is a legal racket to help drive up costs unnecessarily and give a handout to some rich dudes in suits who paid for the actuaries and played "Big Chief, Little Chief" with similar dudes in college who went into health care lobbying.

At the end of the proverbial day, it all boils down to money and the generational machine that makes sure wealth has replaced filial piety as the means of holding the rei(g)ns of power. Because rich people know best, that's why they are rich...the media outlets they OWN told me so.

This thread has been one of kind hearted ribbing mixed with poignant discussion...impressive.
Hel, you might want to lay off the Norwegian Death Metal for a while...lot of bullet and shooting yourself in the face references

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Heres my prediction, obamacare will still be ther in 10 years, the democrats will win the next election, and the republicains will keep on fighting againts themselves and the leftist in the usa.

Oh and obama dosent really eat babies

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I'd rather someone shot you in the face too but that wouldn't help fixing your ignorance. You've listened to BS propaganda from insurance companies too long. I don't think there is a cure for what you have, unless you seek for it yourself. Just remember that we are the only developed country that doesn't have socialized insurance. We pay over double the rates of these other countries for healthcare. Our average lifespan age are way down the list of these countries as well. Maybe you work for an insurance company, that's the only reason I can think that anyone would want to support out current POS system.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fripw

I don't think I saw anyone here supporting the system, but I can't think of any Kool-Aid strong enough that would make me support a system that takes the system we had amplifies it and puts it all in the hands of the government to control. That's what Obamacare does. Now, go practice your Thanksgiving Day talking points so you can levy the same gentle and learned talking points on them that you just "masterfully" leveled on us.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

provision is already in the law to do so for up to three years.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Aaaaaand "nailed it"!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know I only voiced what many of us were already thinking, but as this is a conspiracy site, I am frightened now that what we "doom" about might be true.

That being said, if there was any prediction that had to come to fruition, why couldn't it have been one about zombies or Nirubu?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join