It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pretty Woman' producer says he was Israeli spy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

In a far-reaching interview aired Monday with Israel's Channel 2 TV's flagship investigative program Uvda, Milchan detailed a series of clandestine affairs in which he was involved and particularly how he helped purchase technologies Israel allegedly needed to operate nuclear bombs.

"I did it for my country and I'm proud of it," said Milchan, who ran a successful fertilizer company in Israel before making it big in Hollywood.

Even there, he says he continued with his clandestine work while maintaining close ties with Israel's leadership.

According to an unauthorized biography published two years ago, Milchan worked for Israel's now-defunct Bureau of Scientific Relations, known as Lekem, which worked to obtain information for secret defense programs. The bureau was disbanded in 1987 after it was implicated in the spying affair for which Jonathan Pollard, a civilian intelligence analyst for the U.S. Navy, was sentenced to life in prison.

Source

Interesting timing of this revelation seeing as Israeli hard-liners are having temper tantrums over the Iranian deal. I am not sure what to think of this???

Anyone?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

During the programme, Milchan said: "Do you know what it's like to be a 20-something-year-old kid [and] his country lets him be James Bond? Wow! The action! That was exciting."

At the peak of his activities, he was operating 30 companies in 17 countries and brokering deals worth hundreds of millions of dollars, according to the programme.

But, Milchan said, it was a challenge to overcome his reputation as an arms dealer. "In Hollywood, they don't like working with an arms dealer, ideologically … with someone who lives off selling machine guns and killing. Instead of someone talking to me about a script, I had to spend half an hour explaining that I'm not an arms dealer. If people knew how many times I risked my life, back and forth, again and again, for my country."

Second Source

Milchan also admitted to having used his Hollywood and media connections to help the South African apartheid regime in its attempts to polish its international image, in exchange for helping Israel acquire uranium. Dayan suggested on camera that perhaps his current role as co-producer of the hit movie “12 Years a Slave,” set in the United States before the Civil War, was on some level an attempt to atone for that sin. Milchan nodded and agreed that it very well might be.

When Milchan’s friends and business associates were asked if the rumors of his activities on behalf of Israel’s military had done anything to tarnish his reputation in the entertainment industry, they said no, adding that the success of his films and his personal charm trumped any misgivings. Media mogul Rupert Murdoch told Dayan: “Hollywood is a very Jewish industry. Very pro-Israel. Many would honor him for it. Others might be a bit frightened by it, but that’s all right.”

Haaretz's Take
edit on 26-11-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Water-board and filet him!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Nothing will be done about it because spies for Israel gets caught all the time and America just let's them go. But seeing how he has admitted to being a spy we should be able to freeze any assets he has here in the states. Like royalties from his movies.

Israel has even had the gall to try to get America to transfer Pollard to Israel to serve the rest of his term. Israel can do whatever it wants to this country and we won't do anything about it. The USS Liberty proved that and if you look into them there are conspiracies linking Israel to JFK's shooting and 9/11.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
as they are an ally, not a real issue, thing is, any half brained idiot would never admit this, therefore, I am firm on the assumption that this dweeb is looking for some attention, and some will flock to his knees, maybe he thinks he is really 007....

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No comment on the story. Will just say PW was one of the few chick flicks I actually liked. It's pretty cool when they can do one that works for men and women.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It boggles my mind how much disrespect Israel, its people and it's supporters have for the USA and how forgiving and ignorant the US government is to these acts of disrespect.

Sometimes I think stories like this are purposely brought to light just so Israel can see who is not aligned with them. They seem to know that there is no recourse brought to them over it and instead it is more of a fact finding mission to gauge public opinion or to add to their list of enemies.

I don't want anyone wasting money on me so I will just say it if they don't know already. I AM YOUR ENEMY, israel. I despise all religion equally so it has nothing to do with Israel religious alignment but rather it's actions as a nation and the fact that that nation has brought NOTHING positive to the world. Since Israel existence it has been nothing but lying, murdering and stealing. When Israel is gone, the world will be a better place. I promise.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

GrantedBail
"I did it for my country and I'm proud of it," said Milchan, who ran a successful fertilizer company in Israel before making it big in Hollywood.

So this guy went from making crap in Israel to making even more crap in Hollywood...

"Give us twenty years and we'll control your media and destroy your country"...

top topics

join