It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Massive Gators Caught in Mississippi!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

It is real they just used a camera trick. The people are not close to the Croc but across the street from it. It is around 14 to 15 feet long. First showed up on redit and then was studied thinking it was fake until they noticed the camera trick used.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Wow that thing is massive!!! Gotta have a powerful firearm to take that down I bet.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

JBA2848
reply to post by DaRAGE

It is real they just used a camera trick. The people are not close to the Croc but across the street from it. It is around 14 to 15 feet long. First showed up on redit and then was studied thinking it was fake until they noticed the camera trick used.

That's a little trick i use to make my catfish look bigger. I hold a 2 pounder close to the camera and as far away from my body as possible. It makes that 2 pounder look like a 10 pounder. Shhhhh......don't tell.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

StoutBroux
OMG, here's a pic of the 2nd one:

Can't say I've ever seen an alligator or crocodile with jowls before. That's just downright scary looking.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
adventure.nationalgeographic.com...

Gustave. The worlds most famous man-eater.This giant croc lives in Burundi and comes in at 20 ft and weighs over a ton. Known for killing 100's of villagers.

There was a movie a few years back called Primal Fear. Its a fiction movie based on true events about Gustave. Very good movie.
edit on 25-11-2013 by catfishjoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
starcasm.net...

The link above gives the prices the gators bring. Not near as much as I thought. I have eaten gator a few times and its very good. I am surprised there hasn't been any jokes about boots or purses yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Iamschist
They make wonderful purses and boots
Breaded and fried, some tasty eating too. They watched the dinosaurs die, but you make them fashionable and put them on the menu at Micky Dee's, extinct in no time!

Nah, just be a lot more gator farmers.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I just came in to say that I HATE how they ALWAYS KILL large Fish, Mammals and gators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have lived long and strong, they have relationships, family and friends. They teach the species, they are special beings to their own.

Humanity is such a scourge on the planet, Mother Earth has had it with this insanity against her beloveds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough!!!

It is twisted and cruel, it teaches nothing but hate, fear and desensitizes children to murder anything that is of trophy size and otherwise amazing. So what if they are not humans? They are earthlings!!! Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!

All creatures deserve the respect of life. I am so sick of cruelty without abandon, with the unconscious state of the devolution of people.

This is an agenda against our Planet, of the grace and the splendor of her creation.

Like a dog shaking off fleas in the hot summer sun she will shed the disease of humans. She has no choice!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Hehehe, taking lessons from Louisiana

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Iamschist
They make wonderful purses and boots
Breaded and fried, some tasty eating too. They watched the dinosaurs die, but you make them fashionable and put them on the menu at Micky Dee's, extinct in no time!

i served gator tail, in my italian resto. fra diavlo.

fried chunks with a spicy marinara.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you for replying! You are passionate and I love that. It is sad that these animals are hunted and sold. I don't know if you're familiar with how gatoe season works. Each hunter buys a certain number of tags. When the tags are filled, its over. Now im sure there is some poaching happening. If it wasn't for the hunting season there would be an overabundance of Gators!!! They are beautiful, misunderstood creatures but they are also man eaters.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It must be nice being able to live on sunlight and water.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

My family goes on occasional fishing vacations. Once, I caught a massive pike. It was as along as my dad's arm. I will likely never catch another fish in my life as big as that one was. It was a once in a lifetime event.

It just happened. I put my lure in the water, cranked, and it bit. I reeled it in.

We put it on the stringer, took it back to shore, took pictures, cleaned it and ate it. It was big enough that everyone had quite a decent sized piece from it.

Now, I love fish. They are fascinating creatures. Before having my son, I kept and bred several types of rare cichlid because I loved watching their behavior.

But,

I also love fish. They are quite tasty. And as a human being, I am an omnivore which pretty much means I am meant to eat both animal and vegetable matter. So that pike was on the menu, and if it hadn't been him that took the lure, then it might have been a bass or two ... or maybe a walleye.

edit on 25-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Mr Headshot
I live in SW Oklahoma, we used to get excited over seeing beaver. I can't imagine how seeing something like that, laying across the water from you, feels. Geez.

Even in middle age, I still get excited when I see beaver.

Sorry, but someone had to do it!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by antar

My family goes on occasional fishing vacations. Once, I caught a massive pike. It was as along as my dad's arm. I will likely never catch another fish in my life as big as that one was. It was a once in a lifetime event.

It just happened. I put my lure in the water, cranked, and it bit. I reeled it in.

We put it on the stringer, took it back to shore, took pictures, cleaned it and ate it. It was big enough that everyone had quite a decent sized piece from it.

Now, I love fish. They are fascinating creatures. Before having my son, I kept and bred several types of rare cichlid because I loved watching their behavior.

But,

I also love fish. They are quite tasty. And as a human being, I am an omnivore which pretty much means I am meant to eat both animal and vegetable matter. So that pike was on the menu, and if it hadn't been him that took the lure, then it might have been a bass or two ... or maybe a walleye.

It's a shame you killed it, but each to their own. At least you ate it and didn't waste it. That Pike was a she, by the way, not a he. Males don't get much over 10-12lbs. Here's one I caught back in 1999, weighing 23lbs. I put her back to grow bigger.

edit on 26-11-2013 by GeeBee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Thats not a Crocodile..this is a Crocodile..
i200.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

looks like something off the movie aliens

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Alligators are tiny!
edit on 26-11-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

Sounds splendid
. I had alligator when I visited Lafayette, LA. Once I tried it, I ordered it pretty much everywhere down there. Tasty!

I admire his survival skills but he does a plate proud, or she

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by antar

But,

Awesome story. Nothing like catching some fish, taking them back to the shore, cleaning them and frying them up on the river bank. Cant get fresher than that!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join