It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life after death,really?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

winofiend

Unity_99

snowspirit
Not everyone is going to experience everything.

Everyone has their own experiences of weirdness, whatever they may be, or not.

What if, life after death is what you believe it is?
If you don't believe in it, lights out......

No, and that's not a great thing to say to anyone. It also is bearing false witness against the incredible, mind boggling, higher frequency, expanded Love God/Goodness and Family have for everyone and for the kiddies in kindergarden here.

god can come down here and kiss my hairy backside.

If he does not, then I accept this as proof of his non-existence, OR proof of his insufficient omnipotence and therefore not worthy of such worship.

Strike me down mighty god, prove these worthy sinners right... or be the void that you are, nothing but futile belief in the hearts of deceived animals.

Bruce Almighty?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Unity_99

winofiend

Unity_99

snowspirit
Not everyone is going to experience everything.

Everyone has their own experiences of weirdness, whatever they may be, or not.

What if, life after death is what you believe it is?
If you don't believe in it, lights out......

No, and that's not a great thing to say to anyone. It also is bearing false witness against the incredible, mind boggling, higher frequency, expanded Love God/Goodness and Family have for everyone and for the kiddies in kindergarden here.

god can come down here and kiss my hairy backside.

If he does not, then I accept this as proof of his non-existence, OR proof of his insufficient omnipotence and therefore not worthy of such worship.

Strike me down mighty god, prove these worthy sinners right... or be the void that you are, nothing but futile belief in the hearts of deceived animals.

Bruce Almighty?

lol

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You can connect within easier when touching water

OMG i noticed recently that I am far more profound whilst on the loo having a pee!!

now i know the answer why. Thanks Unity

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

I can fully appreciate your skepticism on the subject. Its good to be skeptical (without crossing the line to cynical...you teeter. by "accepting" there is nothing after means you declare something based on equally no evidence". A simple I don't know is best for now, but for you, no evidence that would push you towards belief.

As far as experiences...I don't know what causes them, why some experience profound things that defy rational explanation, and others..not so much as a perceived peep. Surely some are simply not paying attention, too clouded mentally, etc...who knows.

I will say this, I, being a fellow skeptic, have experienced something I can only describe as a "ghost". I cannot say with certainty that this ghost is definitely my lost love one (although that is the impression one could reach given the circumstances, but still a unknown at its very root). This has forced me to keep a open mind about at least this subject. It makes no sense to me why there would be, but then again, I am a simple idiot...quantum physics confuses me still...so, I guess it doesn't have to make sense to me for it to be real.

I have never seen a UFO. Pity, I would like to. They actually do make sense to me (in our physical universe sort of way). Ghosts...nope, makes no sense, and yet I have had a couple experiences actually...and I have spent literally years trying to debunk the experience with no luck, so I accept It for what it is (without assuming more than what was demonstrated).

If I take my personal experience and assume the experience was true, then it appears their may be something more indeed...although it also doesn't seem like the biblical version...not exactly anyhow, but yeah...

As far as having an experience...would you actually want one? It only leads to more and more questions, and feeling at times like a crackpot, reading up on both the scientific and spiritual possibilities...at least where your at, you are (most likely falsely) sure of what reality is...post experience, you truly wonder just what is after, and then what the point of this is, etc.

Anyhow, good luck, and again, keep skeptical, it keeps you sharp, but avoid cynical..that is just being dogmatic without evidence.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

The law of conservation of energy. Energy is neither created nor destroyed it only changes form.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I am still unsure about life after death. I have not seen enough of this world to reach any sort of conclusion. However, I think it's funny how people treat this as a simple, self-evident issue. I mean, do we even know what consciousness is? What is it? How did it came to be? When did it begin? What makes such a thing possible in the first place? Unless I'm terribly mistaken, when don't even have concrete proof of its existence! "I think, therefore I am" is the closest we found. Other assertions include "the brain makes it possible, somehow" and "energy makes it possible, somehow". Do people really find this intellectually satisfying? Enough to answer the question with any degree of certainty?

And in my opinion, "life after death" is kind of a misnomer. It's more like "consciousness after death". It is entirely possible to be alive without a consciousness.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Cathcart
And in my opinion, "life after death" is kind of a misnomer. It's more like "consciousness after death". It is entirely possible to be alive without a consciousness.

Bingo. The next step is "human" consciousness after death. Life without consciousness is too much of a leap. It's arrogant to think only our consciousness is valid. It's also arrogant that only our definition of life is possible.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Good news if You don't believe in the Afterlife, you may still get to experience it. Technology today is finding ways to upload all your memories, actions, beliefs, and personalities into computers. They feel we are maybe 30 years away from having the full capabilities to do this. You may eventually be uploaded into a Virtual Reality where Your subconscious will continue to live in an avatar either exactly like you or made to your specifications. Maybe it won't be exactly an afterlife, I mean maybe your real consciousness may not truly be in the VR World, but in someway, it would be an extension of you. I really don't know how it works. I mean if the computers are built to do this and they are powerful enough to figure out what synapses of your brain fire and when they can totally reproduce it, But I am not sure it would be truly you experiencing it, but if science is right, the brain is the basis of everything we do, so in effect it'd be like a clone of you, I guess if there is no soul we'd find out this way because you'd be continuing your existence in cyberspace, if the soul is existent, then basically you'd just have a cyber clone in the VR world and would still end up wherever your soul would go after death. That's one theory.
Mind Uploading

And before you say OH POO-POO that comes from the Huffington Posts, realize I first saw this in a book about the way humans and technology may someday be combined to live eternally. The writers were a futurist and a scientist. So there's that.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

sparky31
ok probably asked a million times but life after death?i have saw no proof or even experienced anything about it,lost my father and plenty of my family but i don,t get any hint of any afterlife.

why is there all these people saying i,ve saw this or that and them convinced their loved ones have been in contact?

i mean is it them maybe just hoping and accepting it cause it helps them think that when its their time it helps them believe they are going some where else?

i,ve excepted there is nothing,lights out and no passing go anywhere,if you were passing go in to another realm then surely every single person would have experienced it in some way or the other with the amount of people they lose over a life time.

As a result of examining the quality of your post (content, clarity, composition) I'm going to step out on a limb and assume that you don't spend a lot of time actually pondering these enormous questions, or any questions for that matter. That you (perhaps) fail to notice indications that other, less...hand-to-mouth types do notice is not all that surprising, considering your dexterity relative to this topic.

I think that I can safely predict that you'll never notice any indication that life (human conscious awareness) survives the death of the material human brain for as long as you live. I will also predict that, regardless of this, when your own brain signs off for good, you'll still have to confront the fact that your own conscious awareness and personality will persist. Luckily, there will be someone that will come along to help you make heads and/or tails of it all. The folks over there get a lot of people stunned to discover that there was something to all that life-after-death foolishness. They'll know what to do.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Those reductionist atheists who say there's nothing after this life, lights out etc, may well be right...but only in regard to this life we are now living.

I believe I came from nothing; I have no awareness of any part of the gulf of time that existed before birth (certainly not before conception).

This does rather go against the soul hypothesis. An eternal soul? It doesn't seem like it. My awareness probably began at some point in the womb, so it doesn't leave much leeway for an eternal soul (unless you take the rather fanciful view that God imposes amnesia on us except for the few brief decades of life as a human on Earth. Too much of a stretch for me).

So I believe I came into existence at a certain precise moment in time...from nothing.

It seems highly likely that the state I will find myself in after my life is over will be exactly the same state that prevailed before it began...an enduring state of unconsciousness.

But I believe I will be recreated from nothing again at some point in the future - perhaps not on Earth, or even as a human being, or even in this particular corner of the multiverse, but I'm quite convinced it will happen again.

Why?

Because it's already happened once, and I'm alive right now as proof.

I might be just a fluke, but the conditions which produced that fluke are highly likely to reproduce that fluke again in the flow of infinite time that lies ahead of us. I might not be CJ Crawley, but I will be recognisably 'me' (who knows, I might have lived millions of times already but with absolutely no memory of any of it).

I believe this life I have now is but a transient blip on the flatline of unconsciousness.

But there could be more blips, and even an infinite series of blips.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

There is enough anecdotal evidence of the Astral body, from many diverse cultures and personal experiences to assume that what animates the human body exists to confound the sceptic. Further to that we could all be on holiday in a virtual reality program. Or we could all be just assuming that were alive anyway.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

CJCrawley
I believe I came from nothing; I have no awareness of any part of the gulf of time that existed before birth (certainly not before conception).

Then again, you most likely have no awareness of your birth, your first moments, your first day, your first toy, your first steps, or even the first years of your life. Does that mean you were in a state of nothingness back then?

Funny how so many people jump to that conclusion. "I can't remember anything before birth, so obviously I didn't exist". Well, I don't remember barfing on my mother's shoulder either, but it sure did happen...

CJCrawley
My awareness probably began at some point in the womb, so it doesn't leave much leeway for an eternal soul (unless you take the rather fanciful view that God imposes amnesia on us except for the few brief decades of life as a human on Earth. Too much of a stretch for me).

When exactly do you think it began? When the brain was fully formed? Did it slowly grow or did it suddenly pop into existence? Just curious about your stance on this.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

sparky31
ok probably asked a million times but life after death?i have saw no proof or even experienced anything about it,lost my father and plenty of my family but i don,t get any hint of any afterlife.

why is there all these people saying i,ve saw this or that and them convinced their loved ones have been in contact?

i mean is it them maybe just hoping and accepting it cause it helps them think that when its their time it helps them believe they are going some where else?

i,ve excepted there is nothing,lights out and no passing go anywhere,if you were passing go in to another realm then surely every single person would have experienced it in some way or the other with the amount of people they lose over a life time.

I don't wanna be rude on you my friend, but would you see a chameleon even if hidden in plain sight with your eyes closed?
The soul's eyes must be personally open by one individual.

Think of the surnatural of life as this: It is very easy and hard to experience at the same time. The way of life is to give hints as how to find it, but still making it barely reachable.

You've got to ask yourself, would it be challenging and fun to find our way back home if it were as simple as saying hi?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cathcart

Then again, you most likely have no awareness of your birth, your first moments, your first day, your first toy, your first steps, or even the first years of your life. Does that mean you were in a state of nothingness back then?

You don't even have to go that far back; there are plenty moments in my life that I have no recollection of...the times I have been under general anaesthetic being a notable example.

There are plenty moments in the last few weeks or even days that I don't vividly remember being in existence when I clearly was.

My memory is patchy, but it is a function of my brain; it's not reasonable IMO to suppose there was any life before I had a brain.

Surely if I had an eternal soul I would be aware of life before birth? Or at least some part of that life?

When exactly do you think it began? When the brain was fully formed? Did it slowly grow or did it suddenly pop into existence?

Interesting question; the brain isn't fully formed until adolescence I understand, but I certainly have life memories before then.

The brain has to reach a certain level of development before memory and awareness kick in.

But, as memory and awareness are functions of the living brain, it doesn't make any sense to me that there could be either faculty before I had a brain.

Of course, I could have had a previous incarnation, but the memories and awareness of that life would have been conferred by that brain, not the one I have now.

If I have an eternal soul then I ought to be aware of having lived between incarnations.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

CJCrawley
You don't even have to go that far back; there are plenty moments in my life that I have no recollection of...the times I have been under general anaesthetic being a notable example.

There are plenty moments in the last few weeks or even days that I don't vividly remember being in existence when I clearly was.

My memory is patchy, but it is a function of my brain; it's not reasonable IMO to suppose there was any life before I had a brain.

Surely if I had an eternal soul I would be aware of life before birth? Or at least some part of that life?

Why would that be? You said it yourself, you can be in existence without remembering a thing about it! If you cannot even recollect your infancy, why would you remember what came before it? You seem to mix up memory and awareness as if they were one and the same, but they really have little in common.

CJCrawley
Interesting question; the brain isn't fully formed until adolescence I understand, but I certainly have life memories before then.

The brain has to reach a certain level of development before memory and awareness kick in.

So, at one point, when the conditions are set, awareness suddenly begins? Hmm...interesting.

CJCrawley
But, as memory and awareness are functions of the living brain

Memory? Yes, most likely. But awareness? Not so sure. Can you name which part of the brain manages awareness?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

I think in the same way of fenian8.I am not a believer and not a supporter of the common concept of "life after death".But, when I think about, i was wrapped in nothingness and one day i was born.I cannot exclude that the day I will die I will be wrapped in the same nothingness, and maybe I will born again.Maybe not the actual me..a different body, maybe a different mind, a different me..
Sorry for my bad english, is not my language.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Davide849 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There is no such thing as Death, only transformation.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I saw this documentary the other night. I wish I knew of it sooner. It's called the Scole Experiment and it took place in England over a period of five years. This institution is the British equivalent to the Rhine Institute in Raleigh, NC (a place I've visited myself). I am moved. You will be too.

The evidence in this video is COMPELLING...to say the least...and a bit spooky, but in the end, I felt so vindicated and comforted.
I'm not one to buy into everything I see...so watch with a grain of salt...as you should with anything. Form your own opinion.
It's 1 1/2 hours long....but you'll wish there was more.
LINK:
www.youtube.com...

I hope that it gives you something.

Gist: scientists and researchers who worked on proving life after death had themselves...died, met up and formed a science team from the other side to work with their colleagues who were still alive.

FASCINATING!
edit on 4-12-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

DrunkYogi
There is no such thing as Death, only transformation.

agreed.
Pip pip tallyho-second line.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I can suggest several items that will make you as uncertain as ever about life after death.

Look at research by Ian Stevenson. He scientifically explored and studied cases of children who at an early age give uncanny details about a previous life. The children's statements include many verifiable facts such as prior family members, jobs, etc. There is a decent thread on him on ATS in Paranormal. The following video is an interview with Dr. Jim Tucker who is carrying the torch in this field for Dr. Stevenson.
www.youtube.com...

Read Masquerade of Angels by Dr. Karla Turner. This book will blow your mind and it is a great read even if you were to discount it as fiction. There is a character named Ted Rice, a psychic, who claims to not only have been abducted by aliens and the military, but to have had his soul extracted and placed into an upgraded clone of himself. This is a theme of occurrence among abductees. Here is a fantastic link where you can download her books for free.
www.jeffpolachek.com...

Familiarize yourself formally with the philosophical "Simulation Argument" that Nick Bostrom presents. Ponder the implications that each of the three positions he presents in this video. What are the implications for the soul for each position?
www.youtube.com...

I also add this: I would also add this. If there is nothing after death, only lights off dreamless sleep, is that really so bad? It would be highly unlikely that a crossover from this world into a spirit realm would leave us with our Earthly relations or ego intact. And that would mean a totally different existence with new relationships and identities. I think either way you look at it, life after or no life after, the tragedy of life, of losing everything you ever get close to and then losing yourself, has a painful permanence in this realm that cannot be quieted by the existence of another.

edit on 7-12-2013 by hyperreflexia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join