It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rage of the Angry White Male Continues Its Battle Against Equality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

HanzHenry
do you know Much of the labor movement? do you know what a picket line was all about?

Yes I know very well what a picket line is, I have lost 2 jobs for speaking out and standing up for my work colleagues even if they wouldnt do the same for me.
And during a labour dispute, the scabs were the ones that broke the picket line and carried on working. It had nothing to do with their nationality.
The labour movement is a civil rights movement of the rights of the worker vs the rights of the company.
Its not a racial movement at all. Why are you desperate to make it one.
The companies are employing immigrants for a reason... they work hard, they dont complain and they are cheap.

Maybe if the "natives" werent so lazy, constantly bitching and moaning and claiming "Im not working for that sort of money" then they wouldnt have lost out to immigrants at all.
So who is to blame?

If Im honest, I dont truly believe the rhetoric of that last statement. But blame is an easy thing to lay at the feet of anybody, but the question remains is it truly their fault? Or are they a convenient scapegoat?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

OneManArmy

HanzHenry
do you know Much of the labor movement? do you know what a picket line was all about?

Maybe if the "natives" werent so lazy, constantly bitching and moaning and claiming "Im not working for that sort of money" then they wouldnt have lost out to immigrants at all.
So who is to blame?

If Im honest, I dont truly believe the rhetoric of that last statement. But blame is an easy thing to lay at the feet of anybody, but the question remains is it truly their fault? Or are they a convenient scapegoat?

You still have not disputed a single statement I have made.

The immigrants are moving here to take a PART of our American lifestyle.

and in doing so.. they lower the pay (tptb win), increase housing costs (tptb win)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

HanzHenry

OneManArmy

HanzHenry

So who is to blame?

You still have not disputed a single statement I have made.

The immigrants are moving here to take a PART of our American lifestyle.

and in doing so.. they lower the pay (tptb win), increase housing costs (tptb win)

I dont dispute your argument per se, I do dispute your perceived enemy.

You show two examples of how TPTB win, yet you blame the immigrants.
If tptb built more homes then house prices wouldnt rise so much, if they built more hospitals then healthcare wouldnt suffer, if they built more schools then education wouldnt suffer.
A bigger population and larger work force = larger tax incomes. Now if TPTB spent that tax income on the people and not themselves and their cronies, then we wouldnt have half the problems we are told to blame the immigrants for.
I speak from a UK perspective and the problems you are highlighting are very relevant to this island on which I live.
But the truth is, Britain has always been a land of immigrants. From the angles, celts, romans, vikings, saxons, normans to everybody that we invite into our country today.

Your argument is loosely correct, your enemy is not.
My own father is a US immigrant. You are welcome to him too, but thats beside the point.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

the immigrants cause TPTB to win here... AND there.

Why stay and fight for a better life? Heck, just freeload off those that already fought for theirs.. much easier right?

How does life improve for those they left behind? Do things improve there? Nope!

Immigration is the NUMBER ONE TOOL the ELites use.

That way, instead of working for a better society, CUT and RUN..

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

HanzHenry

the immigrants cause TPTB to win here... AND there.

Why stay and fight for a better life? Heck, just freeload off those that already fought for theirs.. much easier right?

How does life improve for those they left behind? Do things improve there? Nope!

Immigration is the NUMBER ONE TOOL the ELites use.

That way, instead of working for a better society, CUT and RUN..

I dispute that...
Lies, misdirection, slight of hand and propaganda is the number one tool of the elite.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Bassago
Yeah, yeah angry white guys all over the place. Politically correct white hate at it's finest.

Now if we could just get all those angry white guys to quite running around playing the hate game "Knock-Out" things would be great. Oh wait.

I think I snorted a Cheetos..

Considering for a moment that Mr Kimmell is right, he still does not account for the statistics that place more minorities in prison than whites. Especially for violent crime. So.....who's really angry here? And stereotypes in themselves are funny cause their true. Go to any trailer park and your sure to find a 79 pinto being used as a planter of sorts, and a barefoot white women knocked up with 6 kids in nothing but a diaper running around the lot.

Would some find that offensive? Im sure.....do I care? Not really as that would be a likely assumption of something you'd find based off of that stereotype. Especially in the southern states.

So, what we actually have is a white apologist catering to minorities to foster more of a divide through his babble of poo that doesn't really hold any real truth. In a way, he is furthering a stereotype. Which makes him part of the problem and not part of the solution. Am I angry? You bet...Am I white? Kind of...more like color of wheat.

The issue is that if you go off of demographics and law enforcement statistics to find a basis on anger, as crime would be a prime place to explore such an assertion, you would find less white people and more minority. Its not a poke at minorities, just a mere fact of the matter. So in reality the author is talking through his cheeks....no the other ones.

Some info

More

Granted minorities are subject to more law enforcement whoopsies and scrutiny, however keep in mind that in Israel if no one of Arab descent ever bombed anything, then they wouldn't get harassed so much by the IDF at a check point. That's racial profiling sure, yet apparently it works. Same thing in America, if you dress like a hooker or a hood, the police will treat you like one as would the public at large I'm sure, guilty of such or not.

Keep in mind I'm not entirely agreeing with this, only that what the OP laid forth contradicts reality.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You are right and wrong

The amount of money that leaves this country due to immigrants who send it to another country for the sake of their family is horrendous and further puts a strain on a already fragile economy and support structure.

What needs to happen is when a country reaches support capacity it shuts down immigration altogether. Anyone ever try to migrate to Mexico? The rules for doing such and becoming a citizen is ridiculous considering that the country is a toilet economically and socially.

TPTB win because they are engaged in a global paradigm. On a local level they have nothing vested even if they rent to own in that community. What do they care if they pay less and charge more? They have the same set up everywhere and make money hand over fist. Immigrants buy it up because even the poorest American has more than they would have in their country. I blame social service programs that have loose rules for welfare.

Still I digress....to the issue at hand.....wouldn't you be mad if someone had more opportunity shoved at them because they were immigrants and nonwhite? Where because of all of the PC help groups that don't exist for whites they are able to live better than whites with less effort?

What was the subject of the thread? Lost my train of thought.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

GrandHerecy

You are right and wrong

The amount of money that leaves this country due to immigrants who send it to another country for the sake of their family is horrendous and further puts a strain on a already fragile economy and support structure.

What needs to happen is when a country reaches support capacity it shuts down immigration altogether. Anyone ever try to migrate to Mexico? The rules for doing such and becoming a citizen is ridiculous considering that the country is a toilet economically and socially.

TPTB win because they are engaged in a global paradigm. On a local level they have nothing vested even if they rent to own in that community. What do they care if they pay less and charge more? They have the same set up everywhere and make money hand over fist. Immigrants buy it up because even the poorest American has more than they would have in their country. I blame social service programs that have loose rules for welfare.

Still I digress....to the issue at hand.....wouldn't you be mad if someone had more opportunity shoved at them because they were immigrants and nonwhite? Where because of all of the PC help groups that don't exist for whites they are able to live better than whites with less effort?

What was the subject of the thread? Lost my train of thought.

I do not disagree with you at all, maybe its the way you framed your argument. But I do not fault it.
Of course I think we should have controlled immigration and also fairness in society as a whole.
I think that just blaming the immigrants or the poor or the blacks or the hispanics is taking our eyes of the ball.
It is just lazy stereotyping.
If we really have to blame anyone we should blame ourselves for letting TPTB lead us so far down this road.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

personally, you have benefitted from immigration so your views are suspect on it. You know inside that the better life was a takeaway from an American.
Maybe it is my Native part, but if someone has an immigrant parent or grandparent, they are not a real American to me. And 200 years lineage should be required before full right and benefits.

Unless one's family has served 3 straight generations in the military then THEY OWE ME and ALL Americans. I have lost MANY branches from a family tree, and today have a massive shortage of family. Yet the immigrant, whose ancestors didn't 'git'r done' at home was able to have a large family and NEVER PAID THE PRICE TO BE HERE.

So, my family dies in wars forever, and then immigrants can come here and outnumber me?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
And then there is Affirmative Action.. An Immigrant who STOLE an American's spot, gets the jobs due to the minority status..

NEVER, should an immigrant's kid get ANYTHING over an American, heck they should have 2nd class status for a few generations.

The price MY ANCESTORS PAID.. WAS FOR MY PEOPLE..

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
rage is from loss of culture..

The anglo/Euro culture has been BY FAR the most advanced and civilized.

I want that to not change. When ANY immigrants come to America, they bring THEIR culture..

I HATE THAT!! the communities are resembling their home country, the crappy places they left!

Maybe a white guy is PROUD of his people's variety. The hair colors, eye colors, etc.. I don't want a humanity where all people have the same eye/hair color. I guess appreciating that is racist.

if so, then hair coloring and colored contacts are too!

edit on 23-11-2013 by HanzHenry because: clear

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think the political correctness of this country is a little overboard, but here is the point I was trying to make.

Let there be a N.ational A.ssociation for the A.dvancement of C.aucasian P.eople and all of a sudden they just can't exist because any group that works to better members of its own race is not considered racist.....unless your white.

That's where my anger comes from, the hypocritical inequality that perceived equality creates.
First and foremost we are not all created equal, the guy next to me can run much faster, the lady down the street is better at math, the young coed up the street gets more attention from the mailman cause she has nice teets and I don't.

Now someone tell me how that's equality?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

HanzHenry

personally, you have benefitted from immigration so your views are suspect on it. You know inside that the better life was a takeaway from an American.
Maybe it is my Native part, but if someone has an immigrant parent or grandparent, they are not a real American to me. And 200 years lineage should be required before full right and benefits.

Unless one's family has served 3 straight generations in the military then THEY OWE ME and ALL Americans. I have lost MANY branches from a family tree, and today have a massive shortage of family. Yet the immigrant, whose ancestors didn't 'git'r done' at home was able to have a large family and NEVER PAID THE PRICE TO BE HERE.

So, my family dies in wars forever, and then immigrants can come here and outnumber me?

I think you should specify "undocumented" immigrants. Because I know that my ancestors were documented in order to become hard working citizens to make a better life for their families. They didn't get here illegally and shuttle money back to their homeland. When they could afford it, they used their hard earned, legal money to move their families back here to the U.S. to become legal, tax paying citizens.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

I hope that his assesment of the outcome of this process is correct. I've my doubts that such deep psychic change along with the shifts in cultural conditioning will take much longer. I see changes in many young men, but I'm only exposed to a narrow spectrum of young white males.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by FyreByrd

What does the color of ones skin have to do with being a man????

Are you saying there are no angry black men, yellow men, red men???

Sounds like a progressive hit piece of pure pschobabble designed to perpetuate racism versus solving it to me......

I truly dislike this type of passive/aggressive distraction. The article and book are not about black, yellow or red men. It is about white men - that's all. Sure there are angry men and women of every color - but that is not the subject being discussed.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Sublimecraft
Imagine being blind from birth.

You would base opinions of your fellow man upon the content of their character.

Not the colour of their skin.

Describe "blue" to a blind wo/man........

An excellent thought. I would wager that the character would be constance (in most cases) with the color/historical privilege. The character would stand out - and that is the issue more then the color of a man's skin.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Kukri
As a white male I actually found the OP or at least the quotes offensive. Maybe because I don't live in the US I don't see this stereotypical "Angry White Male" proclaiming his loss of "Entitlement and Privilege". I certainly have never felt entitled or privileged and I certainly don't feel anger at the loss of such nor have I met any that do. This book seems more like a feminist rant akin to what my ex-girlfriend used to submit me to after her ' Womens Studies' Course.
I would offer that in the case of the US it's more likely to be due to a lack of security and comfort that most people (White Men) were accustomed to prior to 9/11 and/or the financial meltdown. As I said I have neither noticed nor feel this supposed affront here in Canada so I can't really explain or counter-argue what the author is expressing.

The book is written by a male. From my experience men aren't aware of their anger - it's mosting projected on to other weaker males or females.

I agree that 9/11 and the economy and the security state create fear but it is difficult for many men to identify it in themselves and I do have some experience with men getting in touch with the fundamental anger (and this is true across races, Asians having even more difficulty then Caucasians - IN GENERAL - not true for any single person).

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

terriblyvexed
If you're considered a minority by race, sex, sexuality, or religion, so on and so forth, you are off limits to anything negative, period.

That's the whole point, white males are not (in the US as a whole) going to be in a majority very long - simple demographics (in California I believe the Hispanics are the majority already).

That fact, along with the vanishing of good blue collar jobs, is creating a terrible existenial fear. And because white males in particular can't show or express fear openly, it's being expressed more and more in aggression, respression and violence (verbal and otherwise) toward those 'perceived' as being of lower status.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

ABNARTY
reply to post by FyreByrd

I can only read what you have inserted in your OP. But from that, I disagree with the premise.

There may be some folks out there, because of their gender and ethnic heritage, who feel entitled to whatever it is they feel they want. However, the broad brush approach reeks of the sexism and racism the author speaks against. (Like I said there may be more in the source, but I cannot access it at the moment.)

If I do not feel entitled to whatever, what does that make me? Am I just that ignorant or am I repaired? If I am repaired, who claims I was broken in the first place?

No. This article/book/etc sounds like someone writing about something without much thought invested.

Honey we are not talking about you. We are talking about white males in general. Not yellow, brown, red, black or green males, just white ones.

I'm sorry I was away as this thread developed and am delighted (for the most part and so far) in the responses. I knew it wouldn't be popular but hoped for thoughtful replies.

Thank you all.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter
You know who tells truth Mike Tyson he is the empirical case study of black rage. He came from the hood and is the product of that environment. He had a body of steel and a mind of pure rage. He doesn't pull any punches either hakakaka he enjoyed hurting people. Money, fame, women, houses cars none of that could quell the culture that was so ingrained in him. Its taken him almost 50 years to become a passive and emotionally stable person.

How many men just like Mike minus the fame and fortune does the hood churn out? How many does society give them 50 years to let go of that anger?

All the while profiteers of the urban culture get rich off the things that hold minorities back. Jay Z, Russell Simmons, Al Sharpton, Obama!

Not about black, yellow, brown, red or black men. You are avoiding looking at the issue as stated or trying to divert from it, or any of many psychological defence tactics.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join